Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags Great Adventure 10/1/04

Six Flags Great Adventure 10/1/04

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post October 3rd, 2004, 9:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Well, I went to SFGAdv on Friday so heres the TR!

Arrived: 5:30PM (park opened at 5PM)

I showed the parking people my season parking pass, parked in the season pass parking, and noticed that the season pass gate which was there for my season pass holing convenience was not open due to the construction. So instead of moving to the normal lot, I just walked. SF was playing creepy sound effects through the speakers for Fright Fest and of course they had many, many costumed employees walking around. I walked by all the ghouls despite their stares and attempts to scare me, I was on a mission to ride coasters here!

My first stop was the bathroom. Great ride. Next was Batman & Robin: the Chiller. This has an awful wait of a half empty station and plenty of open rows. How terrible! I waited, went on, got off all within 5 minutes or so! The park wasn't crowded AT ALL if you haven't guessed by now. I walked down the eerily deserted Movietown, past the for now closed Freefall, and went to Batman: The Ride for my first ride on it of the season surprisingly. Batman: The Ride, was a complete walk-on, I didn't even stop for the air gate. It's a bit smoother now with the paint job, the loops seem faster too. Next was Nitro, A 2 train wait for this because I went to the back row, and people are starting to catch on to the back row experience. Awesome ride as usual.

I walked across the park to Frontier Adventures (called something else for FF) and was immediately beckoned with a boisterous "Hey come over here!!!" by a burnt looking Freddie Cruger. I made my way to Medusa for a 1 train wait, something unknown to me this past season on this. Great ride as always, seemed a bit better in the crisp air of the day. Next I walked past a closed Viper (surprise, surprise) to Rolling Thunder. They actually had the right side open today which was amazing. Too bad I didn't remember that the right side sucked. I got jarred so bad downwards at the bottom of each hill that I thought my stomach was going to detach from my esophagus lol. In all seriousness it did hurt a lot, probably because I was in the back seat.

I walked over to "Psycho Circus" (Boardwalk), watched a fire eater show for a few minutes, and went on Twister (the top spin.) I was very surprised to see them running it on a better mode that day. They would make you go through the station upside-down, they speed it up, let go of the brake and let the car flip about 5 times as opposed to a mediocre 1 time in season. Then it did the "pocket emptying" hang time and ended. Better than normal I'll say. Next was Superman: Ultimate Flight for my first ride on that for the season. Same as always only they were running one train so it was an annoying 3 train wait. I rode with two guys that reeked of beer and while in line would ask me if I would hold them if they got scared. The ride was good as it always was. Next up was Great American Scream Machine, One train wait in an almost empty station. I wanted the front but someone grabbed it so I made my way to the back! Back on GASM is pretty rowdy but fun overall.

I now walked back to Old Country to ride Spinmeister, then Freefall with 2 screaming girls (walk-on btw), and then The Chiller twice in a row with a 2 train wait the first time and a 3 train wait the second. When I came back into the station the second time I was greeted by a practically empty station. which was much different from the previous 2 times. Next I rode Nitro in the back with a wait that extended to the photo booth. OMG a line...oh well. I then called it a day.

Departed: 9:20PM

Final Thought: Perfect day at Six Flags with only one queue wait, all others were station waits. I plan on going every Friday until they close. It's pretty good, I go to SF and then crash at my families shore house in Bricktown which is about 30 mins away.

Post October 4th, 2004, 7:59 am

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

are there any hotels anywhere near the park like 5-10 minutes away? and cheap?

by the way, sounded like it was fun

Post October 4th, 2004, 9:31 am

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

are there any hotels anywhere near the park like 5-10 minutes away? and cheap?

im not really sure if there are any, try looking up hotels along the garden state parkway im sure youll find one or two.

But back on topic, sounds like you had a good time, i dont really like fright fest myself, seems kind of cheesy to me, but i usually just go between Batman:The Ride, Medusa and Nitro when i go to SFGAdv. Every other ride seems a bit to tame for me, but you should definitly visit again next year when KK opens up, should be cool. Anyways nice report and i hope you had fun.

Post October 4th, 2004, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
FF is alright, The burnt looking Freddie Cruger was great I'll admit that. I should have walked up to him just to see what he had to say or do lol. Also, my 2005 season pass is going to melt due to the fact that Kingda Ka is going to be open.

Btw, Is the Chiller tame to you? I love that one!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports