Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Going to incorporate this as well later, but the poly count is ridiculous. Having trouble trying to incorporate low poly railings. I'm very happy with it though.

Fitting is a bit odd due to some discrepancies with the coaster.

NoLimits 2 lets you use the cable car wires as a tightrope walk.

Lastly, Skyscreamer now plays thunderstruck by ACDC

Points on hand: 263.00 Points
I don't know if anyone else sees this, but I think the loop and the dive loop are off a little on bizarro. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
^There's a possibility that certain parts in the layout maybe a tad off but, I did the absolute best I could to make it as accurate as possible. If it's any consolation, this is my first time recreating rides of this magnitude and with that being said, I think they look pretty good ;) lol

Also, I see that Superman has yet to be claimed, so if it's okay with everyone, I'd be willing to take a stab at it?

Mkj332 is really killing it with his scenery work, fantastic job bro, seriously!
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Trying to animate skyscreamer, even with a model animator has been a huge pain. I can't get the seats to pivot the right way so they just float off of the gondola lol.

I think you're doing a good job with the coasters. Nothing about this project is really perfect, just for fun mostly. However I would keep an eye out on where you place supports as a few on Green Lantern were in places that they didn't exist on the real ride ( wrong side of the track). Also use the steel footers rather than the wooden block supports. Just fair criticism, but they're really good.

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
DechLave wrote:
Also, I see that Superman has yet to be claimed, so if it's okay with everyone, I'd be willing to take a stab at it?

There are two versions of Superman being worked on right now, but neither is up to snuff yet. They both need lots of shaping work and supports.

TallonD83 and Blase Rhine's Superman:
Superman Ultimate Flight.nl2park
(43.39 KiB) Downloaded 352 times

MattMaz176's Superman:
Superman - Ultimate Flight.nl2park
(21.98 KiB) Downloaded 318 times

Tallon and Blase haven't had time to work on theirs and were OK with me working on it, so I'm sure they'd also be OK with you working on it. You'd have to ask MattMaz if you can work on his. If you can make something of the same quality as your Bizarro and Green Lantern, it's definitely going in.

I've also got an overlay for you...

supermanoverlay.jpg

The scale to use for it:

Imperial: 0.089865 ft/pixel
Metric: 0.027396 m/pixel

Points on hand: 775.00 Points
I'm OK with people working on my version.
Here is a slightly updated version of Superman.

It's rather unlikely that I'm going to get skyscreamer working fully so pretty soon I'm gonna hunt forbjoker plaza pictures and get to work finishing it up. I may have an odd method of animating joker but it would require decent 3d trains. May attempt it, but idk how if it would look good.

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I don't want to be too nitpicky and this is turning out great. There are a lot of pages here so I'm sorry if it's been mentioned, but is the creator of El Toro (or someone) going to look at those first two air hills especially at some point? The negative Gs are crazy atm.

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
zacattack1104 wrote:
I don't want to be too nitpicky and this is turning out great. There are a lot of pages here so I'm sorry if it's been mentioned, but is the creator of El Toro (or someone) going to look at those first two air hills especially at some point? The negative Gs are crazy atm.

That's Mkj332. Thing is, modifying the coaster is kind of a big deal since the rails are custom 3D objects, in order to get the Intamin Prefab look right. The actual rails are set to invisible. Modifying the shaping of the coaster in any way will mean the rails will have to be recreated, which I imagine is fairly difficult. I agree that it's not ideal, but it's completely up to Mkj332 whether or not to modify it. The one in there now is staying in unless I get an updated one from Mkj332 or if someone else sends me a significantly better one. That's unlikely at this point.

It's probably something I'll adjust at some point. The rails are not hard to do, however I truely HATE working on wooden supports. Whatever has to be done, I'll eventually look into, but it may take a while as I've gained interest in a lot of side projects on this overall creation. We have a while before everything is close to done anyways.

Like I said, my immediate goal for the near future is finishing Skyscreamer, El Diablo, and Joker. The sooner I figure out Skyscreamer/ get help with scripting, the sooner I can get to the next two.

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points
Dusso Janladde. Is the file you sent me for my rct3 project a ct? Thanks btw.
Six Flags Great Adventure is my home park.

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
Can you list off some things that have yet to be done? Like maybe some details or something, because I'd love to contribute to this awesome project! (and when I make an SFNE recreation maybe you could help a bit :p)
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Points on hand: 775.00 Points
Does anybody have a Superman Ultimate Flight station file? I would like to use it in my superman recreation.

Is there gonna be an update download soon?

Yep, just got one last thing in the preparation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZwJlGRSu4

When it's ready to be incorporated, ill update the park. Gotta focus on tuning up the spin locations and removing the NL2 car. It looks odd, but i spent a lot of time getting this to somewhat work and I feel it will be acceptable.

herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,403.00 Points

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The purple looks a bit too much like blue on the tracks.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

While I want to fix up the track and adjust spinning, there won't be working restraints.

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
That looks really good Mkj! I assume the sudden stops throughout the course are do to trims that need to be modified?
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Oh yea, it was sloppily thrown together just to prove that I could do it. The pacing is simple as that's just retuning a track and brakes. The difficult part is timing the flips and rotations as this is currently done by an intriguing script. Basically everything is done at a specific second (Flips rotations). In order for it to be smooth and accurate, everything has to be done using 360 rotation. Lifts and brakes are easy as I just set the chairs to rotate 90 degrees over a specific time. You always need to use - and + values while keeping in mind how many degrees you need to add/ subtract to get back to 0 at a specific time.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Mkj332 wrote:
The difficult part is timing the flips and rotations.

Ah, it also happens in RCT2 and 3! Hope that you'll get better results! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Can't wait for the next download!

I'll post it soon but it won't have a working Joker. There's still a lot to do and I'm slowly taking a bit of a break as the next month or so is going to be really busy.

PreviousNext

Return to Hard Hat Area