Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

[NL2] Six Flags Great Adventure: A Collaborative Recreation

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
***UPDATE***

I've been working on Superman: Ultimate Flight... The layout is about 98% accurate compared to the overlay but, there are still some parts (the first drop/pull into the pretzel loop and the second banked turn after the pretzel loop) that I'm still tweaking. What do you guys think so far?

screenshot-2016-10-06-15-49-42.png
-DechLave T.P Ent.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

^Thanks man!

Supports are nearly finished! I literally spent ALL day working on this ride... that inline twist was a pain in the ass :?

screenshot-2016-10-06-19-23-09.png

screenshot-2016-10-06-19-24-42.png

Also, I know we're going the "current state of SFGAdv" look but, I really prefer the fresh, clean (non-faded) paint jobs... it's no biggie, just a personal preference of mine ;)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Haha. Looks pretty good. Only thing I'd say is judging by the last picture, not sure if the overbank turn over the transfer and station is "snappy" enough.

Well, compared to POVs, it rides pretty accurate to me... but, it could be off to someone with a more experienced eye/someone who's actually ridden this coaster.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
DechLave wrote:
^Thanks man!

Supports are nearly finished! I literally spent ALL day working on this ride... that inline twist was a pain in the ass :?

screenshot-2016-10-06-19-23-09.png

screenshot-2016-10-06-19-24-42.png

Also, I know we're going the "current state of SFGAdv" look but, I really prefer the fresh, clean (non-faded) paint jobs... it's no biggie, just a personal preference of mine ;)

Oh, believe me, if we were completely going for the Current State of GADV look, I'd have Ka and Nitro (at the very least) set to Worn or Rusted instead of New. This is more of an idealized current state of GADV look. But yeah, it's looking amazing. Once it's done, I'll just need an update from Mkj332 since he's been doing a lot of scenery work, then I can add it. I know TallonD83 has a custom SUF station as well, you could see if he can send it to you.

Okay, cool! I'm glad everyone likes it :D I have a station from the SketchUp Warehouse that I kinda just plugged in to get a feel for how everything was laid out. I should be 100% done and ready to turn it over in the next couple of days.
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 520.00 Points
Still need to post the updated park. Just haven't been home to do it. It's on my desktop currently and some some needs to be moved around before I compress the file.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

DechLave wrote:
Well, compared to POVs, it rides pretty accurate to me... but, it could be off to someone with a more experienced eye/someone who's actually ridden this coaster.

Yea clearly 1 ride on it in NL2 would settle any doubts. But nevertheless, best one we've got so I'll take it! Nice job :D

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points

It might be tedious, but go back to all the supports and check "Dim as if it was in a tunnel" and the same for the track style.
Looking great! Do you need anything modeled?
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

This doesn't need to die. I've been waiting on two things for probably over a year now: An updated version of the park from Mkj332 with all the scenery that he's done so far, and a completed Superman: Ultimate Flight from DechLave. Anyone's welcome to work on other parts in the meantime, in particular we need Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain.

Hey, I'm still around man, I've just been involved with work and (real) life... I still poke around in NL2 but haven't spent nearly as much time as I'd like to on it. I actually have Superman completed... it's just a matter of packaging it and sending it to you, which I can try to by the end of the week.

Dusso is right... we don't have to let this die ;)
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points
Bank: 469.00 Points
Dusso Janladde wrote:
This doesn't need to die. I've been waiting on two things for probably over a year now: An updated version of the park from Mkj332 with all the scenery that he's done so far, and a completed Superman: Ultimate Flight from DechLave. Anyone's welcome to work on other parts in the meantime, in particular we need Runaway Mine Train and Skull Mountain.

id be willing to attempt Runaway Mine Train

Points on hand: 4,490.00 Points
Bank: 469.00 Points
What are the settings used to make the overlay fit properly?

ff5629 wrote:
What are the settings used to make the overlay fit properly?

Just download this and load the included .nl2ovl file, that has the settings in it:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywnRP ... sp=sharing

I just checked myself, and it's 0.131954 ft/pixel. It should load properly in either units setting, but metric is 0.0402196 m/pixel.

The coaster style that fits best is Vekoma Minetrain Coaster with Locomotive. As it's an older coaster, I wouldn't use heartlining.

Some colors you can use, taken from photos of the actual ride...

Rails, Cross Ties, Handrails, Catwalks: R210 G99 B23

Main Spine, Supports: R139 G31 B32

Car: R254 G98 B19

Seat: Black (0/0/0)

Harness and Bogie: R166 G165 B172

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area