Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Great Adventure 2015 - El Diablo

Six Flags Great Adventure 2015 - El Diablo

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Didn't S&S actually announce they were going to be building one in America?

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Didn't S&S actually announce they were going to be building one in America?

Yeah but its more likely going to one of the Texas six flags parks.

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Six Flags needs to chill out with the RMC stuff for a bit. Geeze, If they do decide to add another to GA somehow, hopefully it isn't orange/red.

They only cost SF about 10 million to make, in return they get a world class coaster that is gets national attention, gets the people going, and is well received by the coaster community. New Texas Giant is rated so high in the polls (i know they don't matter) and it only cost 10 million. It is a REALLY good investment for the parks.

3 RMC's for one Leviathan, just saying.

With El Toro, I don't see them adding it to this park.
After they finish intalling RMC's to all the parks they can (or until RMC charges more) they'll go back to GIGA coaster wars.
But right now, they don't NEED to, so they won't stop. :twisted:

But now I have to worry which one of my favorite woodies is next on the chopping block. :(

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

The one thing I HATE about Six Flags is their reluctancy to build giga coasters, or even hyper coasters for that matter compared to Cedar Fair. They tend to play it safe with B&M loopers and lately RMC.

I heard from the Dippin' Dots guy that the Six Flags planned in Dubai will debut with a B&M giga, which isn't impossible given that Dubai will toss around $30 million like pocket change :lol:. If that's true, and if it's successful, we will certainly see more. It's far more likely that we will see a Giga Coaster at a Six Flags park than ever seeing another strata coaster built
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
X Flight clone calling it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^I would hope not. I also think it could be a wingrider, perhaps a dragon theme because it appeared in the first 2 teasers
It's been a long time

Still saying S&S Magnetic Rotation 4th Dimension. It has "Wings."

or a Super loop brain drain kind of thing.

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Nah, it's not going to be a new coaster.

Batman Backwards, definitely.

Maybe a new HH slide?

As for the new park attraction, I'm with Lance over @SS that it's probably going to be another SuperLoop like over at Elitch. I wish it would be a new coaster-- finally-- but wishing doesn't make it so. I think we would have seen more evidence somewhere, anywhere, if a major new coaster were coming to the park for 2015.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I hope, a freakin loop ride seems like a waste, you can ride those at the carnival and they have terrible capacity.

I'm just repeating more from Screamscape but he claims he heard from a source that it will indeed be a SuperLoop, called Looping Dragon which a) fits with the dragons in the clues and b) is a terrible name. It makes sense to me, especially because of the one that went up at Elitch and we all know how creative Six Flags is. It seems there's a rumor that SFDK may also be getting a SuperLoop, which would about cinch it for Great Adventure. I feel entirely comfortable saying no new major coaster until at least 2016, ESPECIALLY because for the GP, Batman Backwards can be marketed as a "new coaster experience."

Side note: has anyone been on Batman Backwards? I feel like those old-school B&M inverts would be really uncomfortable going the other way...

^^
The loop flatride that will go to SFGAv are much bigger than the ones you see at carnivals, and therefore also have a higher capacity. Still seems like a terrible idea to put these in a major theme park like SFGAv, I'm almost insulted lol.

They're bigger, but I don't know that they DO have a much higher capacity. The amount of seats seems pretty similar, although I'm not a Meteor/SuperLoop expert. However, on the whole, carnival ride circuits tend to last longer than flat ride circuits at major amusement parks, which could be part of the reason for the particularly low throughput at a carnival. Still, I don't see how this could have a much worse capacity than any other flat ride which doesn't seat 50+ people in one go.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
What if loop means that it will be like a bigger Full Throttle, which is the last thing the world needs.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Paradox wrote:
What if loop means that it will be like a bigger Full Throttle, which is the last thing the world needs.

I would like to say Six Flags wouldn't let another park take a record from another Six Flags Park, but look at Lex Luther Drop of doom.
Maybe it could be a bigger Full throttle? Suppositly Full Throttle only cost 6 Million, so it could be a good investment to make another one at another six flags park. The ride is great!
but Full Throttle was custom built for SFMM, so I don't think it'll be a clone, but who knows? Maybe its a similar coaster?
I don't think they'll add another coaster AND make Batman Backwards. It most likely is the Flat-ride.
Quick question, they say(screamscape) the Backwards Batman Train is going from park to park, does this mean its ONE train literally travelly, or are the just talking about the trend, or is it multiple trains travelling? I doubt they just run ONE train at time.

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
The one thing I HATE about Six Flags is their reluctancy to build giga coasters, or even hyper coasters

Ummm wut.

Do you even, like, know what parks have?

The only Six Flags parks without hypers are SFDK (Strict height limit of 140ish), Six Flags Belgium and Six Flags EG (Both small market parks), SFFT, and SFoMA. Otherwise every single park in the chain has at least one.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'd really take it as an insult to get a carnival ride at the park. After all, it's pretty clear Great Adventure is the #2 park in the chain so that would be pretty depressing.

For such a major park, its just weird lol. I would have never thought this would happened.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Me either, really thought there would be a new coaster, since the last "new" coaster was El Toro in 2006.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^^ I would say maybe the 3rd top park in the chain. It seems to me like they've been putting more money into great america than great adventure. Which I find interesting becomes geography wise great adventure has the biggest crowd to draw from being stuck in the middle of 2 major cities instead of just one like SFMM and SFGAm are. Not to mention New Jersey has the biggest population density and basically a giant suburb
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Nah, I think we are still #2, just not recently, they have been sprucing up the other parks and left GADV in the dust. But remember, they gave us Ka and Toro back to back years, and think about it, they cared enough about us to break their own record for the tallest and fastest Drop Tower in the world.

TylerE wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:
The one thing I HATE about Six Flags is their reluctancy to build giga coasters, or even hyper coasters

Ummm wut.

Do you even, like, know what parks have?

The only Six Flags parks without hypers are SFDK (Strict height limit of 140ish), Six Flags Belgium and Six Flags EG (Both small market parks), SFFT, and SFoMA. Otherwise every single park in the chain has at least one.

Ok, so I was dead wrong about that. But it seems that six flags is willing to go above and beyond the 300 foot range (kingda ka), but never really settled in that range

EDIT: (Posted on screamscape) Looping Dragon / New Attraction(s) - Rumor - (8/26/14) Coaster-Net did some incredible digging into the official Six Flags website and using their knowledge of Drupal, the content management system Six Flags uses for it, apparently they were able to pull the names for many of the new 2015 attractions to be announced on Thursday.
According to their report my rumor about Looping Dragon being the name for their new Larson 22m Super Loop was right on the money. Again I??????m hearing that Six Flags may try to promote this little flat ride as their next coaster?????? which seems insane because everyone knows it isn??????t. So you may be asking yourself, why are they trying to do this? Because with the opening of Laff Trakk, nearby Hersheypark will now have 13 coasters and take the crown for the North-East for having the most coasters away from Six Flags Great Adventure, who will only have 12. Sorry Six Flags, but this does not count as a coaster. Please don??????t try to insult our intelligence by marketing it as such, it will backfire, just go out with some grace and do better next year.
Besides, it really doesn??????t matter anyway?????? both Kings Dominion and Carowinds will each have 14 coasters in 2015, knocking you both out for having the most on the East coast.

I really hope they don't market this as a new coaster. Even the GP will recognize that this is no coaster. It's kinda sad really :lol:
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I am going to murder someone if that gets marketed at a coaster.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!