Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Great Escape 2016- Greezed Lightnin'

Six Flags Great Escape 2016- Greezed Lightnin'

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 6th, 2015, 7:36 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
tge-gl-teaser.jpg
tge-gl-teaser.jpg (72.08 KiB) Viewed 2086 times

In 2016, The Great Escape will debut a brand new looping coaster, Greezed Lightnin'.

The ride will feature an astonishing seven-story loop and deliver incredible weightless hang time you've never experienced before. On this new adventure, you'll swing back and forth pendulum style up each side of the loop, and then flip completely upside down during a series of stomach-tightening 360-degree looping revolutions.

At any surprising moment, your train will suddenly change directions and send you back around full-speed in reverse. You'll experience one gut-wrenching loop after the next with plenty of adrenaline and suspense. Greezed Lightnin' will fit in our historic retro area of the park with a flashy ???50s theme adorned with lights and flames.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
The fact that they'd name a Larson Loop that and call it a coaster almost seems like an insult to Anton Schwarzkopf.

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,228.00 Points
i personally class a Larson Loop as a thrill ride, not a roller coaster.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^Nobody classifies it as a coaster...nobody except SF
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
SkyArrow wrote:
The fact that they'd name a Larson Loop that and call it a coaster almost seems like an insult to Anton Schwarzkopf.

Yeah, that logo is also off. ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
"incredible weightless hang time"

You can't have weightless hang time. If your weightless how are you hanging? :lol: Lazy Six Flags descriptions.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 6,842.00 Points
I remember a conversation I had with one of my old managers about 2 years ago back when I was an operator... he came to me and asked me "have you ever wondered what differentiates a ride like a Zamperla Disko from a ride like Superman (SFMM)?" My response to that was "well, Diskos are flat rides and Superman is an actual coaster..." He then asks me, "well what exactly makes them different, what's the defining line? They both are shuttle circuit rides, they both have some sort of vehicle that runs on a track... so what makes them technically "different''?" I really gave it some thought and to this day, I still can't figure out what technically make rides like Diskos, flat rides and rides like Superman, coasters? While I am not saying that I personally consider Larson Loopers or Diskos, roller coasters, I am saying that it IS in fact a question that lingers in the minds of many...
-DechLave T.P Ent.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I usually tell coasters and flat rides apart by looking wheels for coasting up and down. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!