Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2015 - Twisted Colossus

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
The layout sucks. nuff said.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I get that Six Flags wants to cut down maintenance cost and whatever, but seriously, this RMC stuff is already getting old.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I hate all of you. This looks absolutely incredible. It's a tremendous accomplishment for both Six Flags and Rocky Mountain Construction. It's flawless; every element is something to comment on like a giddy schoolgirl. You all can stay home and complain about it while GerstlCrazy and I ride it repeatedly next season.
Last edited by tiepilot35 on August 28th, 2014, 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I cannot understand some of you. This ride is riddled with elements that even RMC has never done before and the layout progression is purposeful and stupendous. I could never get sick of seeing RMC overhauls.

I would much rather see ground up RMC coasters than the overhauls.

It would cost $30 million or more for RMC to make a ride like this from the ground up. They're already probably spending more than usual because of the two sides; more steel track and steel support connectors. NTG was 4,700 ft of track at $10 million, this is 5,000 ft of track three years later; with a little bit of inflation factored in, it is probably closer to $15 million. That saves Six Flags Bankrupt Inc the other $15 million and they still get a world-class coaster in their best world-class park. The RMC overhauls are one of the best and most revolutionary ideas in the history of the amusement industry.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

okay, the bad? A classic is gone and certainly part of my childhood. The ride is a little less than I was expecting and seems just a little weak compared to the other RMC's. That being said here comes the good IMO:
NEW COLORS!
Fun and fast paced layout
You get to ride both sides without 2 queues now :D
I love the high fife and 0G elements, they flow nicely
In fact, the whole layout flows nicely except for the second lift.
The park now has no real excuse not to run both sides at any time lol
Will draw a big crowd
More that I'm forgetting lol

I really like this ride and it will be really fun although it was a tad weaker than I had expected.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
Colossus stopped being a classic a long time ago - when they reprofiled the double down out and slapped Morgans on it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I mean, this is awesome that you get to ride both sides and only wait in line once!
But knowing Six Flags, they will have to time in perfectly to get the trains to actually duel, and since it's six flags, it's never going to happen.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
This thing looks amazing, every part of the ride seems to have a whoa moment, tons of airtime, and dueling! That's awesome, not to mention you'll get to go down 2 80 degree drops!
Are guys even watching the same video?

This looks very difrent to other RMCs for these reasons.
-The zero g roll doesn't look the same, mix of zero g roll, barrel roll, and corkscrew. .
-high five element!!!!!!!!!!!! If their promoting this element then they have to run dualing.
-DUALING!
-Anyone whos been on an RMC will say the drop is amazing, now there's 2!
-The part (to get into the 2nd lift) has that awkward airtime hill wicked cyclone promoted.
-Only RMC to have white supports
-Two new rail colors, we wanted blue for a long time. And now we get 2 new colors.
-longest RMC
-4 minutes? what takes 4 minutes?

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
The Zero G stall is awesome... that's about it.

Can't be serious. 18 moments of airitme is not really noteworthy? 3 seperate train interactions not really noteworthy? Twice the length of the original ride in one go not really noteworthy? Just cause RMC's refurb are the thing to have right now does not detract from how good this ride looks.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Normally I don't bash on people for not liking a new coaster, because this is not TPR and we entitle everyone to their own opinion, but this thing looks fantastic, and even RMC mentioned that they are happy they get to make new colors
What are these for?

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,327.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Rickrollercoaster wrote:
The Zero G stall is awesome... that's about it.

what alternate reality are you living in?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
Twice the length of the original ride in one go not really noteworthy?

It's barely longer (625ft) than either single side of the original design, which was a DOUBLE out and back...

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

lol
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
Can I not have an opinion? :(

Sure you can, but you have to back up your claims with something bro, say why!
Why do not like the coaster, be specific more specific then i don't like "x".
There's alot to this coaster, you seem to have a problem with most of it, address everything that you find "eh"?

This coaster seems much more compact(referring to the number of things that are happening in such a short amount of time, not how small the coaster is)
the track is constantly changing.

The only thing new on TC is the fact that it high 5's. Which Gravity Group has already done, so they shouldn't be marketing the first "Hybrid." high 5. It's a high 5 plain and simple, it doesn't matter if its the first hybrid one, because GG has already done it. Just like SF marketing the new S&S as the first of its kind. It's a S&S Zacspin. It's poor marketing, some of the transitiions on TC look extremely awkward and the barrel rolls on the RMC coasters are not something that's brand new. The 200 degree stall is on Wicked Cyclone, and it's actually beefing up Cyclone. What I hate about the revamps is their taking the wooden experience out of it. If I wanted to ride a steel coaster, i would walk my fat ass across the way and ride a steel coaster. It's great to have diversity within a park, and parks are losing their wooden count, and gaining a steel count in the process. There's my opinion.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I don't know I feel that with all the cross-overs and small bunny hops it definitely keeps the wooden feel to it, WC too with the ride winding around itself like a true wooden twister
What are these for?

RMC coasters are not making wood/steel coasters, its making a hyprid of all steel coasters. What steel coaster do you know that even comes close to being similiar to an RMC. I'm talkling about the actual coaster layout and features.
A steel coaster usally sticks to one thing.
-all about hills and airtme (B&M hypers/GIGAs)
-pure high g twist and turns (I305)
-all about the inversions (every B&M inverting coaster)
RMC combines all these things in a steel coaster, the airtime, inversions, and turns. Its able to blend all of these things very well. The ride has a fair balance of all these things. Its not all about one thing, its the whole ride that's important and significant.
This rarely ever happens on a steel coaster, they don't combine all these things. When have you seen all of these things combined so well?
RMC is the only company that combines every part of the steel coaster experience, and makes it look like a wooden coaster.
What part of the wooden coaster remains? The structure, the IMPORTANCE of keeping hills, many steel coasters lose this when they try and combine all the parts of steel coasters.
The wooden coaster lives in the pacing of the RMC coaster.

-

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!