Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Six Flags Magic Mountain

Six Flags Magic Mountain

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post October 27th, 2013, 10:56 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Hi all,
I am going to Magic Mountain in a couple weeks and I haven't been there in over 5 years.
Since I don't really know the drill of what coasters to hit first to avoid longer lines later, I'd appreciate if someone would share with me the order I should hit the coasters.

Thanks all.

Post October 27th, 2013, 11:20 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,110.00 Points

i'll say this.. make a right turn upon entry. goliath .. keep going ..
you'll hit them all.
ignore viper until after 3 pm .

Post October 28th, 2013, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
Do not go to the park on November 9th as it will be one of the most crowded days of the park's entire season because of the Key Club rally that day, Sundays are generally better but that weekend it might be sligthly more crowded (Veterans Day 3 day weekend).

I'd start by hitting up Tatsu first and then do a counter-clockwise loop of the park, besides Green Lantern, Superman and Tatsu most rides should have short, fast-moving lines unless they're running one train.

Be warned that X2 is currently down for an unknown period of time due to a broken lift chain (at least that's the general consensus). Apocalypse may have a train in rehab at the moment, same for Riddler (although I heard it may have gotten it's third train back) and Scream (which has been doing one train ops on and off for most of the season).
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post October 28th, 2013, 1:15 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Riddler's third train back? I always thought they had sent it to GAdv for Green Lantern...?

Post October 28th, 2013, 2:12 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

for some fairly up-to-date info on SFMM check out these 2 threads there are pics and info about my trip a couple months ago:

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30751

http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30229
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post October 28th, 2013, 6:32 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Bottom_Feeder_13

Do not go to the park on November 9th as it will be one of the most crowded days of the park's entire season because of the Key Club rally that day, Sundays are generally better but that weekend it might be sligthly more crowded (Veterans Day 3 day weekend).

I'd start by hitting up Tatsu first and then do a counter-clockwise loop of the park, besides Green Lantern, Superman and Tatsu most rides should have short, fast-moving lines unless they're running one train.

Be warned that X2 is currently down for an unknown period of time due to a broken lift chain (at least that's the general consensus). Apocalypse may have a train in rehab at the moment, same for Riddler (although I heard it may have gotten it's third train back) and Scream (which has been doing one train ops on and off for most of the season).

Nope I plan on going the weekend of the 15th.
I knew X2 was down, is a shame, wanted to see what that ride was like.
At least there is Green Lantern which will sort of give me an idea of what it is like.
Sound like Magic Mountain really doesn't like to be efficient with capacity like Great Adventure is.
GA is my home park and the only ride they run with 1 train ever is Batman due to the fact that one of the trains constantly breaks.

Post October 28th, 2013, 6:33 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
I think I am going to start with Tatsu as I remember 5 years ago that got extremely crowded quickly.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions