Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Over Georgia - Dare Devil Dive

Six Flags Over Georgia - Dare Devil Dive

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 2nd, 2010, 7:44 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I have been to NJ many times, and every time I realized more and more how much it actually sucked. Like a high powered industrial vacuum cleaner struck by lightning and covered in radioactive goo.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 2nd, 2010, 8:33 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
Go some place other than a city or Jackson and see if you change your mind.

Post September 3rd, 2010, 9:22 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

no.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post September 3rd, 2010, 11:50 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by devilsrule911

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Cause New Jersey isn't the asshole of the east coast lol.

That's Newark, my friend. You are generalizing. The only reason that is a polluted, crime filled, crack selling area is because it is next to NYC. If you go east to the northeast Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, Morris area and south (besides Trenton and Camden), it is a really nice place to live. The beaches are nice and it's a great area to get to good amusement parks. [:)]

The way you generalize is like someone saying, "America is just a bunch of barren flat lands filled with virgins," when, in reality, that is just Illinois.

Nobody likes New Jersey unless they're from it. Same thing applies to Texas.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 3rd, 2010, 12:24 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Ahahaha. I have to say, this last page had me laughing.

On another note, It's great to see another Euro in the US. NOw give us one on the east coast!
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 3rd, 2010, 12:37 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Georgia is on the east coast...

Post September 3rd, 2010, 12:41 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
[lol]
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post September 3rd, 2010, 1:34 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,327.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
FAIL
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post September 3rd, 2010, 3:06 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Jesus christ you are continually again and again so goddamned DUMB.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 3rd, 2010, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points

Post September 3rd, 2010, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Haha, I mean to say northeast. As I live in PA and that is quite a ways away.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post September 3rd, 2010, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,044.00 Points
Wow. 31 out of the last 32 responses previous to mine have absolutely NOTHING AT ALL to do with this cool new coaster.

If somebody doesn't like where you live, f**k em'. You like it there, so that's all that matters. And who cares if you don't spell or use your signs properly, this isn't a novel we're writing here. Get over it.

But BACK ON TOPIC this ride looks like a cool and interesting choice for SFoG and makes me want to go there even more than I already did, and I've been wanting to check out SFoG for quite some time.
"If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint." - Myron Cope R.I.P.

Post September 4th, 2010, 12:09 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Idk about everyone else, but im tired of all the new rides who are trying to be the biggest or the steepest. What happened to building simpler rides that were only 130 feet or so, 5 inversions, nothing to complacated. I mean all the new rides are always "Super cool verticle lift, with a gut wrenching BEYONE verticle drop. Yes we are going to go a full 91 degrees on this one people!!!" I mean all the rides are striving for all the records for steepest drops nows or atleast it seems. Thats why i liked maverick, took elements that were all known, and worked them to be thrilling. It didn't need anything overly exciting. Launched lift, no big deal. Yeah it had a slightly beyond verticle drop that didn't even feel beyond verticle but otherwise everything else wasn't exactly new. Overall it looks ok and probably be successful, but its all smoke and mirrors now.

Post September 4th, 2010, 12:30 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Hate to say your average general public has a different opinion than you.

Post September 4th, 2010, 3:20 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

Idk about everyone else, but im tired of all the new rides who are trying to be the biggest or the steepest. What happened to building simpler rides that were only 130 feet or so, 5 inversions, nothing to complacated. I mean all the new rides are always "Super cool verticle lift, with a gut wrenching BEYONE verticle drop. Yes we are going to go a full 91 degrees on this one people!!!" I mean all the rides are striving for all the records for steepest drops nows or atleast it seems. Thats why i liked maverick, took elements that were all known, and worked them to be thrilling. It didn't need anything overly exciting. Launched lift, no big deal. Yeah it had a slightly beyond verticle drop that didn't even feel beyond verticle but otherwise everything else wasn't exactly new. Overall it looks ok and probably be successful, but its all smoke and mirrors now.

Maverick's 95 degree does get briefly mentioned in their advertising, though the advertising definitely focuses on the ride as a whole than on specific elements.

As for "steepest" drop, I'm afraid the Screamin' Squirrel takes the record and will hold it for many years to come, as it already has.

http://rcdb.com/3465.htm?p=16039

You do have a good point though. Lots of coaster advertising goes on, well, I wouldn't call them gimmicks but they're minor features that aren't as important as how the whole ride is put together. Millennium Force sold by speed and size; it's not a very intense ride and is probably quite boring to most experienced riders. However, I'll definitely say that rides like TTD and KK are gimmicks. They may be fun while they last but they don't. They weren't made for the sole purpose of providing a ride; they were made for mere numbers and records.

Post September 4th, 2010, 4:48 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,858.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

^ They are not drops. The car is controlled all of the way over them.

Post September 4th, 2010, 7:41 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
^Correct.

^^Because they are Saxophone inversions which disqualifies them as drops.

Post September 4th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
You all like to make stuff up...just like the parks do. And what does the silly name "Saxophone Inversion" have to do with what the element does? It pulls over like a normal drop, has a straight section like many normal drops, and then pulls out in the same direction as most straight drops. If the fact that it's mostly controlled concerns you, then why do the El Loco drops count, as they're braked through much of the curve? If it's because they're not braked all the way to the pullout, (without checking first) I might argue that Screamin' Squirrel drops are likely something like 178*, meaning they're left on a downward slope, and still dropping, without brakes the whole way.

Also, how can a drop be "steeper" than vertical? Steep: "having or being a slope or gradient approaching the perpendicular."

Post September 4th, 2010, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
dcs, a drop implies a free-fall drop due to gravity... a Saxophone is a controlled descent in my opinion.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 4th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Then under that definition I assume you wouldn't count an El Loco drop? Plus what I said about steepness stands...I could be wrong but the way I interpret it, you can't get steeper than vertical.

Post September 4th, 2010, 5:16 pm
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points

Post September 4th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Post September 4th, 2010, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I think the amusement park marketing teams interpret "steepness" when applied to drops to mean "degrees down from a forward horizontal", if that makes any sense. So by that definition, if a roller coaster would go uphill in the middle of a drop, like I've highlighted here
I would consider that the steepest drop, since it's something like 220 degrees from a forward horizontal, and by most (assumed) marketing teams' definitions a 220-degree drop.

Post September 5th, 2010, 7:29 am

Points on hand: 1,107.00 Points
Yay, another 97 degree drop coaster. I've been on Fahrenheit at Hersheypark which is way better though.

Post September 5th, 2010, 10:34 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I hated Fahrenheit... Personally, I find euro fighters way more fun.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!