Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Over Texas 2017 - The Joker

Six Flags Over Texas 2017 - The Joker

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 1st, 2016, 3:27 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
The Joker Will Wreak Total Mayhem in 2017

Iconic DC Comics Super-Villain Mastermind Plots to Seize the
Most Insane Coaster in the History of Six Flags Over Texas

ARLINGTON, Texas ??? September 1, 2016 ??? Six Flags Over Texas, the Thrill Capital of Texas, and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, on behalf of DC Entertainment, announces the opening of its 13th and most maniacal roller coaster to date, an all-new free-fly coaster called, The Joker. Now home to the most roller coasters in the Southwest, Six Flags Over Texas is proud to welcome this wicked and chaotic thrill ride to reign supreme as the most dynamic coaster in the GOTHAM CITY section of the park.

???We are excited to continue our partnership with the DC brand because it resonates well with our guests, plus The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest Super-Villains of all time??? said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president. ???The unpredictability and gravity-defying somersaults on this award-winning, spinning vertical coaster is the perfect addition to our already impressive coaster line-up.???

After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, the freestyle-coaster will wreak havoc as riders flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless journey. Thrill seekers will experience exhilarating leaps and dives along a horizontal plane, along with unexpected drops as they tumble from one level to the next. The wing seats amp up the pandemonium since riders will experience all of this chaos with no track above or below??? just the sky, ground and plenty of sinister thrills.

The unique design of The Joker features:
???Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design;
???One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
???4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles;
???Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
???A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift; and
???Two beyond 90-degree ???raven??? drops giving the sensation of free-falling.

The Joker is expected to wreak total mayhem beginning in the spring of 2017, and reign supreme over the Super-Villainous roller coasters in the GOTHAM CITY section at Six Flags Over Texas.

Six Flags Over Texas is also announcing the start of 2017 Season Pass sales with its special Flash Sale through Labor Day weekend featuring the best deal of the year??? savings up to 70% off on a 2017 Passes! September 1 through 5, guests will receive a free upgrade to a Gold Combo Season Pass with ever Pass purchased. Gold Combo Season Passes include admission to Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor-Arlington, and any other Six Flags theme park, as well as free parking and special admission offers for friends. 2017 Season Passes provide unlimited visits for the rest of the 2016 season (including park admission to Fright Fest?? and Holiday in the Park??) plus all of 2017. Passholders may also purchase a Premium Season Dining Pass, which includes a lunch, dinner, and snack during every park visit, plus they will receive a 2017 All Season Sport Bottle for unlimited drink refills. Premium Season Dining Passes may be used at any Six Flags theme park.

For more information about the 2017 season, visit https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/newfor2017

https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/news ... ber-1-2016

Post September 1st, 2016, 9:06 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I have no idea why they stuck one of these in SFOT and SFGAm, but then again SFGAdv managed to survive the installation of one of these low capacity beasts.

I would have prefered one of those Premier launchy-loop things but oh well at least it's something!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post September 1st, 2016, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
No Super Loops or RMCs, just like I thought. These 2017 additions are not the most exciting, but I do like how most parks are getting something new instead of recycled boomerangs .
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post September 1st, 2016, 3:49 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
No Super Loops or RMCs, just like I thought. These 2017 additions are not the most exciting, but I do like how most parks are getting something new instead of recycled boomerangs .

Since when have recycled boomerangs been much of a problem? In the past 5 years, only two Six Flags parks received used boomerang coasters.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post September 1st, 2016, 5:11 pm

XLR8R wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:

Since when have recycled boomerangs been much of a problem? In the past 5 years, only two Six Flags parks received used boomerang coasters.

Are you serious? 1 is too much lol

Post September 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Strange choice to put one in so close to Batman at Fiesta. At least it looks like a fun little ride.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post September 2nd, 2016, 7:02 pm
XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
XLR8R wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:

Are you serious? 1 is too much lol

Yes, I am serious. 1 measly standard boomerang re-location to a substandard Six Flags park in the last 5 or so years is immaterial. The GIB relocation would have improved SFNE if they did not install the shitty Premier trains.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Post September 2nd, 2016, 7:06 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
XLR8R wrote:

Yes, I am serious. 1 measly standard boomerang re-location to a substandard Six Flags park in the last 5 or so years is immaterial. The GIB relocation would have improved SFNE if they did not install the shitty Premier trains.

I agree. Goliath was an amazing ride when it opened, too bad they ruined it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post September 2nd, 2016, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
I'm pretty put off by this addition. There are many flat rides I enjoy over these garbage S&S free fly things, but now management will have an excuse not to install a major roller coaster for an indeterminate amount of time.

Post September 2nd, 2016, 8:17 pm

[/quote]

Yes, I am serious. 1 measly standard boomerang re-location to a substandard Six Flags park in the last 5 or so years is immaterial. The GIB relocation would have improved SFNE if they did not install the shitty Premier trains.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it wasn't immaterial to fans of the park that got stuck with it. But whatever, I shouldn't have gotten drawn into something so silly. The point is there was no ride rotation bullshit this year. Having said that:

These Free Flys are stupid, the one in Texas was cute, but now it's tiring. At least SFOT got that awesome group of flats last year.

Post December 21st, 2016, 11:33 pm
Paradox User avatar

OH GOOD GOD IT'S REAL

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 22nd, 2016, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ More big trees are, I think, needed for the ride around. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post December 27th, 2016, 9:20 pm
Paradox User avatar

oh my lord this is hideous

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 27th, 2016, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Lol who cleared that decision...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 27th, 2016, 10:10 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Lol who cleared that decision...

Marketing "research"

Post December 27th, 2016, 10:52 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Post December 28th, 2016, 12:49 am

Points on hand: 332.00 Points

Post December 28th, 2016, 1:52 am

Looks like a "power" station as well, because of power lines above! :D

Post December 28th, 2016, 9:21 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Manic Monte wrote:
but I do like how most parks are getting something new instead of recycled boomerangs .

Freeflys, the new boomerang/SLC.
Paradox wrote:
oh my lord this is hideous

Looks like an abstract metal statue placed in the downtown area near a park.

Post December 30th, 2016, 8:07 am

^ Is it just me or those colors "ARE" effective? :D

Post December 30th, 2016, 10:54 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

The two tone approach just looks cheap and like they're trying too hard.

Post December 30th, 2016, 4:28 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post December 31st, 2016, 3:15 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I actually feel sorry for the construction crews. That would give me ocd BAD
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 31st, 2016, 2:43 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Post December 31st, 2016, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Oh goodness that's truely awful.
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!