Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Plans For 2012

Six Flags Plans For 2012

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 1st, 2011, 7:26 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas, Sept. 1, 2011 /PRNewswire/ ?????? Six Flags Entertainment Corporation (NYSE: SIX), the world??????s largest regional theme park company, today announced its lineup of new rides and attractions for the 2012 operating season. Six Flags parks across North America will debut an exciting package of thrill rides, family rides, shows and special events featuring some of the most innovative rides and attractions in the industry and providing even more reasons than ever to visit Six Flags.

??????We are bringing new attractions to every Six Flags park every year,?????? said Jim Reid-Anderson, Chairman, President and CEO. ??????This season??????s guest satisfaction scores are the highest in our history, and we want to continue that momentum by offering a combination of family-friendly fare and thrill rides for guests of all ages to enjoy.??????

Among the 2012 highlights:

• Six Flags Magic Mountain near Los Angeles, which is the Thrill Capital of the World, welcomes the world??????s tallest vertical drop ride, LEX LUTHOR: Drop of Doom! At a sky-scraping 400 feet, this engineering phenomenon drops riders at speeds of up to 85 miles-per-hour.Image

• At Six Flags Discovery Kingdom near San Francisco, SUPERMAN Ultimate Flight, a new launch coaster, blasts riders at over 60 miles-per-hour through two vertical twists and a high-flying 150-foot-high inversion, ranking it among the tallest inversions in the world.Image

• X-Flight, the only announced wing coaster in the United States, soars into Six Flags Great America near Chicago, and features 3,000 feet of intense high-speed drops and barrel rolls with no track above or below.Image

• Six Flags New England in Massachusetts debuts Goliath??????a colossal boomerang coaster that sends riders up nearly 200 feet in the air, flying forward and backward over a twisting, looping inverted steel track at speeds up to 65 miles??????per-hour.

• Six Flags America, just outside of Washington D.C., introduces Apocalypse, the park??????s eighth roller coaster and first stand-up design that offers a two-minute adventure and features a 90-foot drop with vertical and cork screw inversions at 55 miles-per-hour.

• Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer, the newest sensation in tower rides. SkyScreamer offers breathtaking views from open air swings that rotate in a 98-foot circle high above the parks.

• Thrilling water park additions are also on tap for next season. Guests at Six Flags St. Louis Hurricane Harbor will keep cool and have a blast at the same time on the all new Bonzai Pipeline, the park??????s first extreme looping body slide. Hurricane Harbor at Great Adventure is also premiering this ground-breaking new slide while Alpine Freefalls, a Nordic-themed waterslide complex, is on tap for The Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom in upstate New York. This multi-slide attraction will feature the park??????s first free-fall speed slide and the region??????s first twisted mat racer.

• Finally, the company is adding a variety of family rides, shows and attractions at several parks, including Six Flags Mexico, La Ronde in Montreal, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas??????America??????s favorite show park??????and a 45th anniversary tribute at Six Flags Over Georgia.

Source

Post September 1st, 2011, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Definitely excited about the Wing Rider and launched coaster at DK. Biggest complaint has to be the re-use of the Superman name...

...and the Goliath name...

...and the Apocolypse name...

...but I'm ok with X-Flight since the original one doesn't operate as X-Flight anymore and it is very appropriate.

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:26 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
WOW! Iron Wolf is being sent to Six Flags America? Six Flags must really not care that much for that park...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:39 am
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer, the newest sensation in tower rides. SkyScreamer offers breathtaking views from open air swings that rotate in a 98-foot circle high above the parks.

...sigh.....

well at least it's a flat ride, which we desperately need. But I wanted the wing rider :(
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:40 am

They haven't had a coaster in 10 years there, and now they get a relocated ride. Makes me wonder if SF isn't looking to get ride of that park. It never has lines there.

Post September 1st, 2011, 11:14 am

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
Originally posted by Jer

Guests at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey and Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio will have more to scream about with the introduction of SkyScreamer, the newest sensation in tower rides. SkyScreamer offers breathtaking views from open air swings that rotate in a 98-foot circle high above the parks.

...sigh.....

well at least it's a flat ride, which we desperately need. But I wanted the wing rider :(
Yes, that's what we need, another B&M coaster to add to the 5 we already have, and why don't we add a dive coaster while we're at it and we'll pretty much have every type of B&M coaster out there. [lol] But I really am sick of seeing B&M coasters at Great Adventure. Maybe if we got something like Furius Baco, it would be okay, just enough with B&M.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post September 1st, 2011, 11:34 am
Jer User avatar

You're implying B&Ms are bad?
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten

Post September 1st, 2011, 11:52 am

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
Originally posted by rcking04

WOW! Iron Wolf is being sent to Six Flags America? Six Flags must really not care that much for that park...

I wouldn't be surprised. SFA is Six Flags' Dorney Park.

Post September 1st, 2011, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

SFGadv just got a ride. If anyone bitches about it being used you need to get a reality check. It's a major ride and its new and unique to the area. They don't need something new.

SF wouldn't add a coaster to SFA if they were getting rid of it. Why do enthusiasts correlate rides they don't like to bad rides and adding them being bad for a park? Again, this ride will be new and unique to SFA's market so it will be big for them. Probably will draw an attendance boost for a couple of years.

Nothing wrong with reusing names either. You guys think everyone who goes to these parks spends the rest of their life on rcdb, but they don't. They are local/weekend markets where people might only go to 1-2 parks a year and don't travel more than 2-3 hours for them. In reality the only parks that are on a national level are the Orlando parks and Busch Gardens, and maybe Cedar Point, but just barely. People in NorCal don't know or care that there are also Superman Ultimate Flights in Chicago and New Jersey. They will never go there and never ride them.

All of these additions are very solid. The drop tower on Superman looks amazing, Ultimate Flight is unique, and I'm excited about having a Deja Vu 2 hours away from me.

Post September 1st, 2011, 12:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Thank you for being a voice of reason Freddie. I completely agree.

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:02 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Dude.... 400 foot drop tower! 85 mph! Win! Win! Win!

And that X-Car(esque) ride looks phenomenal.

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally posted by Jer

You're implying B&Ms are bad?

No, I was implying that Great Adventure has enough B&M coasters. They already have more than any other park and the variety is lacking. Yes a wing rider would be cool, I just want to see something different for their next coaster.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by devilsrule911

No, I was implying that Great Adventure has enough B&M coasters. They already have more than any other park and the variety is lacking.

Whatchu on boy!? SFGAdv has one of the greatest levels of variety that a park really could have. I think B&Ms are among the best rides around and each B&M at that park definitely delivers a varying experience from one to the other.

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
yea.. six flags a company with no money able to do all this

and the 400ft drop tower would be fun if it didnt chop your legs off like the one drop tower did to that girl.

i suspect six flags will be broke in 4 years

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

some great new rides there. the addition of the 2 drop towers will be a cheapish install but a very very very good one indeed.

however i must agree with the above, superman is far overused and outdated now
Making screams come true

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:37 pm

I'm just surprised that they used the Ultimate Flight name. Why not at least give this ride its own Superman title? Like Superman: Flight Of Steel? Has that ever been used? I just think the Ultimate Flight name is appropriate for the Flyers and just kinda doesn't let this ride be as unique as the ride itself will be.

Post September 1st, 2011, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Drop tower in Valencia, First of it's kind at SFDK, first of it's kind in the US to SFGA. Needless to say I'm mostly excited to ride Ultimate Flight @ SFDK due to the fact that that's my home park, but the addition of the world's second 400 ft drop tower makes me squeal too. Especially the fact that it's in California.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 1st, 2011, 4:10 pm
Jer User avatar

Video for superman, turns out it's going to be a Premier not a Maurer Sohne

Post September 1st, 2011, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,411.00 Points

Great America hasnt had a good coaster for 10 YEARS. WE NEEDED THE WINGRIDER. Its gonna be so fun

Post September 1st, 2011, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:07 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

No, I was implying that Great Adventure has enough B&M coasters. They already have more than any other park and the variety is lacking.

Whatchu on boy!? SFGAdv has one of the greatest levels of variety that a park really could have. I think B&Ms are among the best rides around and each B&M at that park definitely delivers a varying experience from one to the other.

I personally want to see something other than a B&M next time around, that's all. If you notice the top ride at the park isn't a B&M, its Intamin (El Toro). And IMO, Kingda Ka beats any B&M ride in the park, so it seems to me that it would be wise to go with another company if you are looking for thrills, but everyone else seems to love Nitro. But I don't know, maybe the Wing riders will turn out to be a lot better than the average B&M.

Post September 1st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Well they provide forces unlike any other b&ms, and maneuvers yet to be found on any coaster ever built.

Post September 1st, 2011, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I personally want to see something other than a B&M next time around, that's all. If you notice the top ride at the park isn't a B&M, its Intamin (El Toro). And IMO, Kingda Ka beats any B&M ride in the park, so it seems to me that it would be wise to go with another company if you are looking for thrills, but everyone else seems to love Nitro. But I don't know, maybe the Wing riders will turn out to be a lot better than the average B&M.

Great Adventure took Chang from us. Shut up.
American Eagle Lover

Post September 2nd, 2011, 12:44 am

Post September 2nd, 2011, 12:44 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Jonny Richey
Derp a herp babble that doesn't get management

Image Insert:
508.41 KB

Topic Contribution: Excellent additions all around the board (well SFA could have gotten worse but I won't go there). Additionally, this puts to rest the SFMM "structural integrity" rumor associated with Superman.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!