Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Ski Slope (+ Behind the scene)

Ski Slope (+ Behind the scene)

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post August 28th, 2010, 10:38 am

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
Hi there!

Some of you may have discovered an UTO (Unknown Track Object) recently in the track exchange. (I recommend to ride the track before reading this -> http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=17310)

You may wonder, what the h*ll a ski run is doing here?! Don't worry, you're still looking at a NL track. But in a different way.

A long time ago, in a far far away room (err, no, it was here), I made a mountain environnement to create a single chairlift, because I love these things. So I started, but I get bored... Recently, I rediscovered the file and I had the feeling that I have to continue, because we were in summer and it's the season to ski... or not. Well. [xx(]

I had the terrain, the trees, the cable of the chairlift and the 3D "Gare Alpha" that I made on SketchUp, inspired by these POMA chairlift station : Image.

So I finished the towers and start to make the track itself.

I use the fact that the 'fly-by view' don't follow the train under-ground, but stay at the surface. In addition, the view follow the bancking of the track. Simple, but it was what I wanted.
The tricky part was to recreated the skier??????s physic, because the under-ground track was flat as you can see bellow (yellow part):

I use the shadow in the editor to draw the track??????s path on the ground:

Maybe during the ride you were wondering what was the thing which pulled you upward:

In french, it??????s called a ??????T??????l??????corde??????, I don??????t know the others names. It??????s simply a rolling rope, which the users graps by the hands. [;)]

And the blues poles at the sides of the run are here to indicate the border of the slope -obviously- but the difficulty too. In France (and Europa I guess) : Green = easy, Blue = medium, Red = hard, Back = very hard.

Another little trick I used at the end ; the camera placement. You may wondered how I did put the origine of the flying camera where I wanted? (Say ??????yes?????? to the man, please [^])
It??????s easy, the camera appeared near of the origine of the track (purple triangle). So I just had to built another portion of track which going where I wanted.

Of course, the skier covered by snow is not located where the crash happened, but just by the side. [8D]

(I tried to have a single tree for having the feeling that it will be this one that you??????ll get into. But it didn??????t work so well.. [V])

And the magic??????s working! \o/

That??????s it! I hope you??????re not sleeping right on your keyboard after this, you may damage it. [xx(]

And, why don??????t take another run after explanations?

==> http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=17310

Any questions? Comments? [:)]

(I??????m so sorry for my english??????s skills... I hope it didn??????t hurt you that much [;)])

Post August 28th, 2010, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I rode it yesterday and was so amazed,this is the most original non coaster NL track I've ever seen!Great work!Maybe I'll rate it...originality is 10 for sure,but cause its not a coaster,how can i rate the other two sections then?

Post August 28th, 2010, 11:03 am

Points on hand: 201.00 Points
yo can rate adrenaline too and tech also because of his brilliant techniques he used haha

Post August 28th, 2010, 11:41 am

Post August 28th, 2010, 12:00 pm

Points on hand: 201.00 Points

Post August 28th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Post August 28th, 2010, 1:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post August 28th, 2010, 4:43 pm

Post August 28th, 2010, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Someone played a little too much Ski Resort Tycoon lol

Post August 28th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Post August 28th, 2010, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
Thanks you all! I'm glad you like it! ;)

For your information, yes I've played at some ski games! :p After the coasters, chairlifts and ropeways are one of my main hobbies. ;)

And thanks for the rating Live[..], but I don't know if my track, wich is a pure fantasy-delirium, is able to receive a rate as the other serious tracks. :p

Post August 28th, 2010, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,464.00 Points
What a brilliant idea ! It was very fun... It was quite slow but so original !

Post August 28th, 2010, 6:18 pm

Well,I rated it like a premium cool5 idea so I think its okay[;)]!I think your next ride is Ropeway ride!Dang I have to ride it again...
BTW I was thinking about a giant inverted coaster that has lift built like a skilift...

Post August 29th, 2010, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post August 29th, 2010, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
^Where have you been? He has been doing that for a long time now. [lol]

Post August 29th, 2010, 3:12 pm

Return to Track Advertising