Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion .skp to .3DS Without Quality Loss

.skp to .3DS Without Quality Loss

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 10th, 2008, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Can someone convert this .skp file to a 3DS file without it coming out pitch black in the sim? I only have the free sketchup, and it would be nice if someone could turn it into a 3DS file so I can use it in NL. But I heard that generally sketchup files come out black in the editor.

Is there any way someone can convert this for me without quality loss?

Post March 10th, 2008, 2:22 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

probably worth it just to buy the pro version, unless you can find a crack for it.

Post March 10th, 2008, 3:33 am

Originally posted by SMer

probably worth it just to buy the pro version, unless you can find a crack for it.

An NL station isn't worth 500 dollars.

PS, if anyone was wondering.

Post March 10th, 2008, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

The pro version still won't export it properly.

I know how to do it, but unfortunately I don't have the proper programs installed at this current time. If you have 3DS Max, you can import the 3DS file created by Sketchup into it and then export it again.

Post March 10th, 2008, 11:04 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

I tried that, but that still didn't work, it really sucks..

Post March 10th, 2008, 4:19 pm

Dang. I hope there's someone who can help me with this. Thanks for trying guys!

Post March 10th, 2008, 8:03 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
Hey, is that for the ride we talked about yesterday? My dad purchased Sketchup Pro over the last week so I have it now! I'll try to catch you on AIM later today so I can attempt to export it for you.

Post March 10th, 2008, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I have the pro demo of SketchUp, which supposedly does everything the pro version does, but when I export it to NL, it comes out crappy and black-ish. Also, I've noticed that the edges stick out and are black as well. It's really beginning to bug me. I know I should post a new thread for this, but does anyone know of any *CHEAP* but good 3d modeling programs? I heard 3ds max cost a lot, and was wondering if there are any cheap or maybe even free versions/programs?

Post March 10th, 2008, 9:25 pm

Originally posted by boneplaya

I have the pro demo of SketchUp, which supposedly does everything the pro version does, but when I export it to NL, it comes out crappy and black-ish. Also, I've noticed that the edges stick out and are black as well. It's really beginning to bug me. I know I should post a new thread for this, but does anyone know of any *CHEAP* but good 3d modeling programs? I heard 3ds max cost a lot, and was wondering if there are any cheap or maybe even free versions/programs?

There's blender, but god help you try to understand how to use it.

www.blender.org

Return to Off Topic Discussion