Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! SKYRUSH - Hershey Park 2012

SKYRUSH - Hershey Park 2012

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post March 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points
I couldn't find a thread for this so, here we go.

Last summer/fall people were seeing weird markings in Hershey park, pictured here:

Today Hershey Park posted this link: http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... _of_h.html

This is quoted from http://keystonethrills.megabb.com/t157p ... discussion :

Interesting thing happened today. Early this afternoon I recieved a message in my inbox from someone at the Ride Institute (Tammy) asking if someone from Keystone Thrills would be interested in doing an interview with them. Matt (HPCrazy) and someone else from the site have recieved the same message. I replied back to Tammy and said that I'd be interested and I gave her the times that I'd be available. Supposedly not too long later (or while I was writing the message) I recieved another message saying that Dr. Andersson (who I was supposedly going to interview) replied back and said that she had to unexpectently had to leave the states and had to cancel.
Here's where it gets fun. She left a .pdf file in the message leading to this:
Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize...

Ahhh, brings back fond memories. lol

As you can see, there is a hidden code in the letter and when together, it spells: /comDec.html

Looks like the end of a web address, doesn't it? Could it be another page to the RIT's website? Well, I typed in the address with the code above and it took me to the following page:
http://www.rideinstitute.com/comDec.html
The page title has 11 slashes and 1 star (just like the griffin logo), and there's a password box. If you look at the random letters and numbers at the bottom of the page I took a guess and figured it was the password. Once entered, it took me to a new .pdf file page.
The following is something new that I don't remember seeing before in the Nantimi game: the use of a foreign language to hide clues and details.
Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize...

With a little help from Google Translate I've managed to have decode the mesasge mostly. Here's what it says:

To: Exec Comm
Subject: DNF - Comp. Imagine Research Q1 2011
Memo: Increased risk of RIT (And, juil, Deck, Rose, et al) and associated partner organizations involved in "Project X" Regional Comp. set of interviews suggest online marketing activities initiated in April '11 to build further on the announcement phase in August '11. Councils
AFW, serious financial, strategic and market perception of risks to consider not react with similar
investments. -JvdV

Sounds like online marketing will start next month and it will build until the official announcement in August later this season. It also looks like the name Project X has now been thrown into the mix along with a new name: AFW.
------

On the visual side of things, some black, plastic drainage pipes have shown up inside Creekside Catering (Me and a friend of mine decided to stop at CW for something to eat since we were in the area). The new gate was open and there was someone staffed inside the ticket booth next to it.

I also found this video: [youtube]qJdlLe82BtI[/youtube]
Last edited by GavG on July 14th, 2011, 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't underestimate the power of Knex

Post March 9th, 2011, 9:00 am

Points on hand: 235.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
Damnit, Hersheypark and their viral marketing. Looks like it's gonna be something big though. My first thought was dive machine. They need some more B&M in that park.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post March 10th, 2011, 12:41 am

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
I see a B&M Hyper or Diver, not an Intamin Hyper. But I would love any of thoe options.

Post March 10th, 2011, 1:26 pm
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

A B&M dive machine would fit perfectly into hershey, not so much a hyper. I cant wait to see more.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post March 10th, 2011, 5:12 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points

The clearance required for a Dive Machine is massive. For that reason, I'm more inclined towards an Intamin Hyper. As much as many here hate TPR, take a look at their thread on this. One of the guys did a very logical guess of what they layout may end up being.

Post March 10th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,851.00 Points
Originally posted by Tanks4me

The clearance required for a Dive Machine is massive. For that reason, I'm more inclined towards an Intamin Hyper. As much as many here hate TPR, take a look at their thread on this. One of the guys did a very logical guess of what they layout may end up being.

not that I hate TPR, I just dont like it there.

Post April 9th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Just visited keystonethrills to see the latest. Looks like the lake (river)that runs along the south side of Comet has been reduced to nothing more than a giant puddle and there has been some minor terraforming in the same area. I know that is where the attraction will be built, but, still looking for clues as to what it will be. the area seems too narrow for a dive machine, and, possibly too compact for a B&M hyper too. On the other hand, the park already has a good variety of coaster types, so, could be anything going into that spot. Anyway, the pics that were posted on keystonethrills a couple days ago show a decent amount of progress. Still no real clues as to what the new ride will be though.

Follow the link for the latest construction pics.

http://keystonethrills.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/attraction-2012-update-17-from-gb980109/
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post April 9th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 232.00 Points
I thought dive machine too, but it seems like not enough land. With where the footer stakes are placed, it screams Expedition G Force layout. Like, the exact beginning of the layout. The lift, the rotating drop, the hair hill/turnaround/airhill/turnaround layout. I can't wait to watch this unravel.
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy:
The more time I spend on this website adds more to the impression that this has become a daycare.

Post April 9th, 2011, 9:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
Don't jinx it! There aren't any B&M Dive Machines near WV other than Griffon, and thats hours away!
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post April 9th, 2011, 10:21 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Because you all can totally tell that.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:02 am
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:06 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
What is it?

And yeah it looks nice just by the layout.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:13 am
Premium Member

Well if this is actually the layout, I have no doubt in my mind that it's Intamin. Compare the lift of I305 to the support marks in the bottom right corner, and you'll see what I mean. It doesn't necessarily mean it's a gigacoaster, though I'd imagine that it's going to be over 200+ feet.

Check http://www.rideinstitute.com/ out too, especially the "studies" tab, because it seems like we'll be receiving more information soon.

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:27 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
^agree
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:28 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
That layout is definitely Intimin. Looks like a mini I-305-ish ride. Too bad they cant go over 230 (i think) but this should be sweet (Get it? Sweet, Hershey? Yea, I know lol).

Next year should be fun though.

Post April 23rd, 2011, 1:43 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
yeah, you can already see spots with the I305-ish snap transitions
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post April 23rd, 2011, 2:01 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Love. It.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post April 23rd, 2011, 2:18 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Hmmm...another Intamin for Hersheypark, am I the only one who is NOT surprised(assuming the speculations are correct).
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post April 25th, 2011, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 735.00 Points

Post April 25th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
That doesn't even fit in with the blueprints...
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post April 25th, 2011, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post April 25th, 2011, 5:48 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
It looks cool, but I hope it isn't a frequent breakdown like some other intamins

Post April 25th, 2011, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
Bank: 165.00 Points
Go check out the RIT website...the "studies" section has a PDF that has some more random info

Post April 25th, 2011, 6:10 pm
Premium Member

Seems to suggest some sort of launch in the latest RIT pdf, but that doesn't really coincide with the blueprints in my opinion. Is it possible that the lift might be Maverick-esque, just taller?

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!