Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Speed (Update-4/28)

Speed (Update-4/28)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post April 25th, 2005, 8:00 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
You may or may not of been wondering where the heck my NL coaster designing has gone. Well here is my most recent project that I am actually sticking with. Speed is well underway and is a little over half way done. I am satisfied with the trackwork, smoothness and pacing, so all that is really left is to finish the supports, a cartexture or two and maybe some theming. If you wish to test leave a post with your e-mail, but be serious about reviewing it in at least a paragraph. Please note pros and cons.

Recently I changed the track to a dark deep red. I may or not keep this color scheme, but it wont be finished for a while either way.

Launch Speed: 60 mph
Track Length: 2110 ft.
Inversion(s): 1 (immelman)
Top Speed: 65 mph
Trains: 2, 5 cpt
Hieght: 120 ft.
Elements:
  • 60 mph launch in 2.2 seconds
  • 4.5 G helix
  • Fast paced and intensely shaped top hat
  • Multiple headchoppers
  • Quick and intense overbank

Pictures:

Launch to 60 mph in 2.2 seconds

120 ft. tall top hat into 100 ft. tall immelman

Train cresting out of the 100 ft. tall immelman

Final curved airtime hill into magnetic brakes

Train speeding down tophat, over flanged supports.

Train traveling through fast-paced overbank. Also shows numerous headchoppers and potential for more using supports.

Immelman with intamin style supports

Overbank with completed supports

Top hat and immelman with completed supports

Trackwork: 100%
Smoothing: 95%
Supports: 75%
Theming: 20%

I hope to finish the support work by friday, flange it, and then post an update. Then it is on to cartextures. Then I may add some of CS's park pack 3ds with a mix of others. Check back for updates, and leave a post with your e-mail if you are interetsed in testing.
Last edited by Brtnboarder495 on April 30th, 2005, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 26th, 2005, 5:39 pm
Premium Member

I am so excited for all of the feedback thus far! ***rolls eyes*** Moving on...

I have begun the supports, and I am going to run the track through to auto-flanger ASAP to get a grip of what they will look like. If things flow nicely, I will have more pics up tonight, or early tommorow.

Post April 26th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
You only gave it one day ;)

Top Hat looks cool, though it looks more like a mix of the Intamin buckle element with an airtime hill. Still though, looks pretty cool.

Post April 26th, 2005, 6:11 pm
Premium Member

Thanks, glad to get some feedback from a great designer. BTW I built this over a few days, but took about 5-6 hours for the trackwork. Its very smooth too.

Post April 27th, 2005, 10:25 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

kool, finish up so I can make that vid for you. I was thinking of a commercial styled clip? 30 seconds longs, ect.

Post April 28th, 2005, 7:10 am
Premium Member

Ok, the supports on the top hat, immelman and overbank are done. That helix just needs a little work, and then I have to support the smaller "linking" pieces of track.

Post April 28th, 2005, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Looks a good ride! [:D] The support on one of the pics looks really good. Send more pics!!!!! [:D]

Post April 28th, 2005, 3:05 pm
Premium Member

You really think so? Thanks, this is my first real steel coaster that has all custom made supports. I used the autoflanger-it really makes the supports look more realistic. I promise to have more pics up tonight, as 75% of the supports should be done by then.

Post April 30th, 2005, 11:14 am
Premium Member

More screenies coming soon, support work completed from top hat to end of overbank. Progress is going well.

Return to Hard Hat Area