Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Stand-Up Drop-Ride.

Stand-Up Drop-Ride.

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 9th, 2004, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,300.00 Points

My upcoming ride for HR is going to be a Stand-Up Vertical Drop Ride,
and I was wondering what you'd think of this ride in real life? I'm pretty sure it would work, as long as you have some sort of leg-restraints. I think it would be a lot better than the current sit-down dive machines by B&M.

By the way, the ride i'm making is not supposed to be by B&M. The drop is 130 ft high above ground and 90 degrees all the way, not parabolic like on B&M's models. The pull-out is 70ft below ground for a total drop height of 200ft.

What are your thoughts? realistic? good idea?

Post July 10th, 2004, 3:24 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Yeah, they'res no reason why you can't do this. I suppose you would probably have to have some sort of leg restraint like you said, but a OTSR shud keep most people in.

Post July 10th, 2004, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Im pretty sure B&M used a parabolic curve on thier drops so that when you reach the bottom it doesnt snap you out of the dive

Post July 13th, 2004, 8:36 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

hmmmm parabola's, I learned about those in Math, I was confused, IF retaught me it, I forgot, and I am comfused again, lol. Who's a spammer? Me!!!!!

Post July 13th, 2004, 9:36 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post July 13th, 2004, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,300.00 Points

A curve with an exponentially decreasing or increasing radius. Meaning the vertex at the top of the drop is a lot tighter, and then it gets more gradual. Here's a pic showing the parabola:

http://rcdb.com/installationgallery1417.htm?Picture=4

You can see how it's like a diving motion, not a straight drop.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions