Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Starbucks: Mocha Twist, The Ride

Starbucks: Mocha Twist, The Ride

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 9th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Points on hand: 585.00 Points
Well yep, this is my latest creation. It's called Starbucks-Mocha Twist, The ride and it's inspired by Nascar: The Ride at LV. It features a 65MPH launch, a Double-Snake Dive Roll, A twisted spike, and a half loop element with a portion of a track completely upside down. Currently 3ds are not finished, and neither is the landscaping, nor the supports. I want to accomplish a whole midway to go with the coaster so it actually looks like a small LV strip. Although I'm not really sure if I want to go all out with the theming with this ride since i really don't have much free time now-a-days. Anyway here are the screens:

The launch out of the coffe shop.

Another screen of the launch.

A look at the double snake dive roll.

Here is the twisted spike.

The half loop.

Another look at the double snake dive roll.

This is the portion of the track which holds you upside down for a quick second.

Well that's all the screens for now, more pics coming soon.

Post December 9th, 2007, 9:51 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post December 9th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Looks like a fun ride, but I don't know how comfortable being upside down for that long would be.

Post December 9th, 2007, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I can't say those colors are appropriate...But it looks fun!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 9th, 2007, 11:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,736.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I can't say those colors are appropriate...But it looks fun!

QFT.

Post December 9th, 2007, 11:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Since it's named after a Starbucks drink I don't think the ride fits well with them because:
1. It needs to cost 5 times as much as necessary
2. Unflavored normal coffee flavored coffee must be weak and taste like burning
3. All seats need a pnematic mounted ball kicking device on them to remind you how you're a wuss for getting a mocha frappa cappa double shot whatever instead of coffee with cream and sugar like a normal person.
4. You need to invent a new sizing scale. Remember small is medium, medium is large, and large "vent tea" or something like that. Invent a new word or units to describe this ride so people don't feel ripped off when they're really being slammed up the butt in prices.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 9th, 2007, 11:18 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
[lol][lol]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 9th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Since it's named after a Starbucks drink I don't think the ride fits well with them because:
3. All seats need a pnematic mounted ball kicking device on them to remind you how you're a wuss for getting a mocha frappa cappa double shot whatever instead of coffee with cream and sugar like a normal person.
4. You need to invent a new sizing scale. Remember small is medium, medium is large, and large "vent tea" or something like that. Invent a new word or units to describe this ride so people don't feel ripped off when they're really being slammed up the butt in prices.

hahaha, nicely said.
lol.

but yeah the ride looks cool.
i like the double snake roll thing.
the train loos kinda long.
but idk, looks cool.

Post December 10th, 2007, 12:23 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

[lol] I'll make sure I consider those things while I finish bulding the ride[;)]

On a side note, I changed the back spike so that it's in a 120 degree angle so now it doesn't have that akward inverted portion of track. (Considering it was a bit dangerous because of the hang time)

Post December 10th, 2007, 3:08 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Finally something will get me to go to Starbucks...
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post December 10th, 2007, 3:19 am

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Got a picture of the change? To me that actually sounds more exciting than being completely upside down.

Post December 10th, 2007, 7:57 pm

Ok well some minor changes have been made to the ride. I shortened the front tower so that the train goes fully up the spiral. Also the inverted portion of the track has been changed to a 120 degree angled spike. Oh and the 3ds have been updated with some technical stuff for the ride. Anyway here are the screens:

The angled tower. (It has a holding break)

The launch portion of the ride has been updated with a roof.

I kinda made the launch similar to V2 at SFGAM. You can see the arches around the launch which I think houses tubes that lead to what powers the lims.

Post December 12th, 2007, 11:20 pm

Sorry that I double posted but I though that maybe I could bump the topic a bit. Anyway I am currently close to finished with the starbucks building. It just needs some roofing/fencing on some sections. Anyway I thought I'd add this picture of what I plan to do with the surroundings. It should give you guys a good idea of what I'm trying to go for so far. I've still haven't gotten an idea for how to support the ride on top of the road so perhaps a few tips could help.

Return to Hard Hat Area