Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising Storm - RMC Coaster made in the NL2 demo

Storm - RMC Coaster made in the NL2 demo

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Let's get this out of the way first, I am a complete NL2 noob. I don't even have the full game yet! (Waiting for Steam sale so I have enough to buy it) This is my 8th coaster so far in the game, and my second wooden coaster, but after showing it to some people in the chat, they told me to post it, so I decided it might be good enough to post. Obviously, because it's the NL2 demo, I can't upload the file to the exchange. Although i'm a beginner, I can confirm this ride has completely safe (albeit strong) forces!
With that out of the way, let's introduce Storm!
Storm3.PNG
This is the beginning of the layout, looking out over the first drop.

Storm4.PNG
Looking at the ride's only inversion, a barrel roll, placed near the end of the ride.

Storm5.PNG
This is the 90 degree fan turn, similar to what's seen on Outlaw Run.

Storm6.PNG
Looking at the first airtime hill, similar to the small first hill on Twisted Colossus.

Storm Lighting.PNG
Storm has two separately colored trains. This is the Lightning train.

Storm Thunder.PNG
And this is the Thunder Train!

Storm7.PNG
This first drop throws you out of your seat!

Storm8.PNG
Full layout overview

And that's it for Storm! Any tips/tricks/helpful advice for a NL2 beiginner would be appreciated!
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Points on hand: 2,126.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
This coaster looks very good for one just made by a beginner. Im not sure if the light pattern creator is available in the demo version, but if it is, you should check out the RMC rail tutorial video made by TheCodeMaster on YouTube. I found this method very useful for making realistic RMC coasters, and I think it will make Storm look very nice as well. Also use style seperators and individual support settings to put catwalks on the lift hill, but overall a nice looking coaster! P.S. Im glad you went for the blue, I was getting tired of all those red-orange RMC rails.

Sincerely,
Costerdude2001

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
coasterdude2001 wrote:
P.S. Im glad you went for the blue, I was getting tired of all those red-orange RMC rails.

That's exactly what I feel! Another reason why Twisted Colossus rocks - it's got blue and light green tracks! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to Track Advertising