Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Strange error message

Strange error message

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 15th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 671.00 Points
I edited a park lamp, saved-as in park folder, but when PLAYing the ride I get the message "Scene object has no light with name 'thelight'" yet everything appears to look & work ok.

I initially tried rename in the Light Source Settings but to no avail.

Any ideas why this is coming up and how to cure it?

Post January 15th, 2014, 5:15 pm

SORTED

Just done a lot of playing around - and noticed a script associated with the park light that flickers it on switch on. Found the script and opened it - and it refers to the name of the target as thelight!!! So when going into Play mode - the script is run (cos the park light object calls it) and its complaining it cannot find a scene object called thelight. When I put back the internal name in my modified park lights back to "thelight", all works as expected.

I guess - you got a park light object (modified or original) all the while it continues to call the script to flicker it on switch-on, you must leave the internal name alone else the script will error.

Lesson learnt - the hard way [sillyme]

Post January 15th, 2014, 8:23 pm

A further observation - I removed the script link - now I can name it what I like - but it also shines all the time not just in the dark so I guess that scripts also saving electricity for the park owner [:D]

A quick check shows most of the lights have a script controlling when they are on.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2