Board index Public Relations Feedback And Suggestions Suggestions on site functionality

Suggestions on site functionality

This forum is now open since we're at that point for lively discussion so go ahead, post and discuss, it will be closely monitored by Oscar and Mike

Post December 5th, 2012, 12:47 am
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Just suggestions, in my opinion, that would help increase site traffic and functionality.

The site:
First off updating the code of the site to something more modern (html5) would be a start, as well as changing the style sheets. I'm not talking full blown, web 2.0 material, but just updates to keep up with competition. Getting rid of some of the low traffic pages such as Park Meets, Videos, Albums, and Trivia would probably be beneficial too.

The Exchange:
I like the exchange for the most part, definitely the best NoLimits exchange in the community. However, some minor changes such as allowing users to find tracks based on what model they are could increase functionality. Getting rid of the 'Ultimate Ride' option in the Search field would be a good change too (seeing as no one uploads roller coasters from those games anymore).

It's a lot to ask for, yeah, but changes can be made in small frequencies. Hopefully some of this stuff will get to Oscar and Mikey.

TL;DR:
  • Update coastercrazy to keep up with other communities
  • Get rid of low traffic pages
  • Increase exchange functionality with simple features/add ons
  • Get rid of upload options that aren't used anymore

P.S.
Please enable ASCII again, Oscar Image

P.S.S.
I think making this forum open to the public would generate much better feedback/suggestions, this should really be a site discussion.
Last edited by RideWarriorNation on December 5th, 2012, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 7th, 2014, 8:14 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Will be done in the recode. Getting rid of selections no longer get uploaded will be taken care of post-recode as the way the current databse is setup, we can't do it now or else it would break all current existing pages, and maybe others, due to the way the info is stored and accessed.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post January 7th, 2014, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Put in a jetcoaster model category to search? Or a walkthrough funhouse category for NL2?

Post January 7th, 2014, 8:27 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Sure thing cool5, right away!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Feedback And Suggestions