Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Superman and Bizzaro

Superman and Bizzaro

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 21st, 2015, 5:22 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
im not sure if this is true or not but a friend heard this rumor that's why im posting it here but SFA Superman will be getting new trains soon with Bizzaro at SFNE but with a retheme back to superman

Post July 21st, 2015, 6:59 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Yea the park confirmed a transformation but no one knows what is going to happen yet or when.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 21st, 2015, 7:04 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
its strange how they retheme it to bizzaro and its no longer in the top 10 but lets hope they fix the problems

Post July 21st, 2015, 7:18 pm
Paradox User avatar

It's the horrible restraints that crush your shins. Also the heavier trains lag behind sometimes in the spaghetti bowl section.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 21st, 2015, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^I experienced the one at SFA the other day with the same restraints and I can safely say you're not exaggerating. The restraints are absolutely awful, they really do crush your shins painfully. Huge detractor to the experience IMO
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post July 21st, 2015, 8:00 pm
Paradox User avatar

I meant thighs not shins lol
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 21st, 2015, 9:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
For anyone who hasn't ridden Bizarro, let me put an image in your head for the lap bars on Bizarro.

Imagine being held in place by a 5in thick metal bar tightly against your thighs, then going over atleast -1.3 Airtime Hills that sustain for around 2 seconds....

Yeah, It hurts A LOT. I usually do my best to keep the lapbar loose, otherwise the ride is unbearable.

Post July 21st, 2015, 9:56 pm

^^I assumed Bizarro had the same ankle restraints and you were talking about them. Now that I checked, it doesn't (mercifully) and it just looks the same as every other Intamin lapbar for the most part? I don't get the hate, the new Intamin Accelerator bars are unbearable if the ride op puts it too tight. The OTSR part has been fixed though on I305 and Maverick obviously but I wish the bar wasn't so horrible.
It's been a long time

Post July 21st, 2015, 11:06 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I didn't really mind the lap bars that much, but the goddamn speakers blocked pretty much any view you could have in any seat other than the front...
American Eagle Lover

Post July 21st, 2015, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Bizarro's restraints are uncomfortable, but I wouldn't call them painful. They're very different from those on Superman SFA despite also being lapbars. Much larger in size, and they fall on a different part of your legs, plus they get tighter much more easily under positive forces. To be fair, I rode Bizarro more than Wicked Cyclone over the 2 days I went this year, and despite a much superior design, the hard transitions to negatives (and some space) made WC more difficult to reride than Bizarro.

Also I'm 6'3" and the headrests both block my view when not in the front row, and rub/hit my shoulders with some of the awkward lateral transitions on Bizarro. Definitely hope they go away.

Still despite those things, it's my favorite ride. For me front is better than the back because it feels smoother and the awkwardness isn't as noticeable, but back is good too. It's not really the best at anything, but it's great at so many things whereas other excellent rides lack in one or more of the areas. It has height, length, steep slopes, quantity/duration/magnitude of airtime, lateral Gs, varied pacing without getting too slow, interaction with non-riders, nice landscaping and an amazing location near the river, tunnels, and more. Despite its flaws it's so satisfying to me because it's such a complete ride.

Also again I'm fairly tall (though slim) and the ankle restraints on Superman SFA barely touch me. I guess larger tall riders could have an issue, but crushing shins is a HUGE overstatement for me. I can't see how that would be the case.

Post July 22nd, 2015, 10:54 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
mrcrolly wrote:
For anyone who hasn't ridden Bizarro, let me put an image in your head for the lap bars on Bizarro.

Imagine being held in place by a 5in thick metal bar tightly against your thighs, then going over atleast -1.3 Airtime Hills that sustain for around 2 seconds....

Yeah, It hurts A LOT. I usually do my best to keep the lapbar loose, otherwise the ride is unbearable.

Let's not forget the viewblocking on-board speakers and the maximum volume they are producing into your ears. They are loud enough that you can't even talk with your co-rider next to you.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 22nd, 2015, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Sigh. If only every Intamin mega had MF restraints lol. Those are my favorite Intamin restraints thus far, still, after experiencing a huge variety of their restraints.

Post July 22nd, 2015, 2:35 pm
Paradox User avatar

Unfortunately T-bar restraints are illegal in Massachusetts (I believe Pandemonium is an exception to this rule).
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 27th, 2015, 4:02 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
mrcrolly wrote:

Let's not forget the viewblocking on-board speakers and the maximum volume they are producing into your ears. They are loud enough that you can't even talk with your co-rider next to you.

I just dont get this idea behind speakers on rollercoaster. I can't imagine (especially in the case of this ride) that it is so boring that people need additional entertainment during the ride. Ridiculous.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 27th, 2015, 11:09 pm
Paradox User avatar

Yea I barely even heard the music on El Loco lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 27th, 2015, 11:36 pm

On SFGAdv's Bizarro, instead of getting new trains I believe the back row (or a few seats from the back, I don't recall exactly) was removed and replaced with speakers that never worked when I went haha. That hurt capacity for a while until they finally removed them. Good riddance, I don't think it would improve the ride experience at all
It's been a long time

Post July 28th, 2015, 3:44 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
We just want the roar the wheels make! On-ride music (Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is an exception!) should be excluded for a pure experience!

:D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to General Theme Park Discussions