Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 [NL2] Support Scenery

[NL2] Support Scenery

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post March 26th, 2015, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
Turbo wrote:

Are there any tutorials? I know there's one for making fences, but I haven't been able to find any tutorials for anything like this.

Post March 26th, 2015, 7:05 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
You can request it here.
We haven't done one in a while so it might be time to do one!

Post March 27th, 2015, 8:18 am

Should I make a thread requesting it or should I ask for it in this thread? Either way, this question should indicate that I'd LOVE a tutorial on support scenery.

Post March 27th, 2015, 1:40 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry, I meant to link the request thread, but I see you found it yourself :)

Post March 31st, 2015, 3:17 pm

Post April 13th, 2015, 8:58 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I think you might actually need a few more, or a few thicker ones.

Post April 14th, 2015, 12:11 am

TTD03 wrote:
I think you might actually need a few more, or a few thicker ones.
I'm glad I provided proof on why some tutorials would be nice. :D
I'm all ears, Hmm, can you be more specific?

I know it shouldn't be done here, but if there's anything else you see (off topic or not), could you give pointers? And this doesn't only go for you as more heads are better than one?

Edit, also I've finished that ramp's bottom. I have to do Handrails.

Recent picture:

Post April 14th, 2015, 1:56 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

It's definitely not bad. Remember with making scenery in any way you want to create an environment. Sometimes settling isn't the answer.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 14th, 2015, 2:53 am

Create an environment? Is this a feature on the simulator?

Post April 14th, 2015, 3:07 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Lol that's not what I meant. When making scenery your ultimate goal is to not only get the tiems to look good but blend in well with the surrounding area
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 14th, 2015, 6:40 am

OK, I understand a little. I need that ramp there so you can get to other rides. I really don't know why I have the other scenery, but I guess I'm trying to simulate a track bed?

On the finished ramp picture, could you tell me what I need to add/take away to make it blend in well with the surrounding area? Adding scenery isn't my strong suit if I even have a strong suit, so you'd probably have to talk to me about scenery like you'd talk to a child learning to talk. Lol Basically, in that particular setting, what would you do?

We can converse in private messages if you think it would become off-topic.

Post April 14th, 2015, 7:40 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Redo the circled support. That isn't very stable.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 14th, 2015, 12:56 pm

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but could you tell me more? I'm also going to make the support colorings lest random. First half, Second half, and third half with all the same colors.

Eventually, I want to let people see this ride in action. I wouldn't even mind letting people test it, but I kinda want the best advice put into it before I do that. This is my first park I've actually gave paths to, but it's really only my second park. My first park, I really just imported all my NL1 coasters without any type of structure.

Post April 14th, 2015, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points
I'd say aim to make it so that every angle would be screenshot worthy. The coaster also looks a little under supported. The general rule of thumb with B&M supports is at least one support (unless its the crest of an inversion, these sometimes support themselves) per track segment.

The white bridge looks a little odd (could be the same shade as the path or wooden?), and its down to you, but in my opinion the track colour scheme isn't the best. I do very much like the little area you have got going on here though. Once the scenery is more complete I'm sure it will look great :)

Getting a good looking environment is tricky and will come with practice and experience. A great way to learn is to build up a visual library by looking at real life areas. It will help you create more realistic and immersive scenery. Keep at it! You clearly have the creative flair, now it's just about mastering the program :)

Post April 14th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
screenshot-2015-04-14-09-40-29.png
Until I fill it in, riders who want to go on the big blue slide will have to carefully step around the big square hole at the top step to get on the boarding platform and avoid falling to their death.

Post April 14th, 2015, 2:26 pm

^Wow, I didn't know the game had water rides.

This is great. Thanks Turbo, Coasterkidmwm, and Bouncypip11. The name of my park is "Park GQ," like a well dressed person. The name of that coaster is "Fly." That's a slang word to describe a well dressed person. I wanted it to be like a gold or silver chain. I actually changed the track's spine to a gold color. since my previous post. I thought It was a bit dull, so I'm glad to see we're on the same page here, Bouncypip11.

I think this was the original color I had before I changed it to that grey color. I should've stuck with my first choice. I think you can see the new support that was circled. With you guys help, This will just keep my simulator on most of the day. LOL

On some of the turns, it's hard to create straight/stable looking supports without the train looking like it touches it. When I tunnel test, a lot of the times, the supports does fail the tunnel test when you make the supports straight from the top view. The bottom two supports are a result of this.

I was wondering if bouncypip11 could point out supports on this ride that are spaced nicely from what you can see and areas that are under supported from what you see. All this will not go for not, so I really hope y'all aren't thinking you are wasting your time.

Edit: Now that I look at the picture, I think I understand what a track segment is. I see a short space on the track spine that can be described as a "flang" on the track spine. I'm thinking that short space is "the track segment." It seem like that area can only be seen when the track is frozen.

Post April 15th, 2015, 5:44 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I'd recommend having your own topic for feedback on your ride! Will keep this topic a little less cluttered.

Yes correct on the track segment however :)
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 27th, 2015, 7:19 pm

screenshot-2015-04-27-21-10-50.png
A flatride concept I made up that I'm not sure is even very realistic but oh well.

screenshot-2015-04-27-21-11-16.png
Wait, didn't the latest NL2 update have this same ride? Actually, not exactly. The whole structure flips vertically upside down while the gondola free falls the whole time, alternating between falling upside down and right side up. Since this is static I can't script it to do that. Actually I wouldn't be able to anyway.

Post April 27th, 2015, 7:23 pm
JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
That looks crazy! I'd hate to imagine the power need to turn that thing haha. Certainly an interesting concept to play with though, freefalling with switching directions.
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Post April 27th, 2015, 7:28 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
^^if you add magnetic brake fins to either end, it would slow the car down gradually as it approached, making it safer and more feasible in the real world...I'd also lighten up the structure as right now the amount of trusses you have is overkill and will just add weight to the rotating section and require more power to operate...food for thought
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post April 27th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2015, 9:25 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2015, 11:21 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
It also has the look of "Power Tower". 8-) Wanna see it built up higher!
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 28th, 2015, 4:18 am

cool5 wrote:
That ride seems like something I would make.

I was thinking that the whole time.

Metazoanhaddock wrote:
^^if you add magnetic brake fins to either end, it would slow the car down gradually as it approached, making it safer and more feasible in the real world...

I was thinking about that too.

Metazoanhaddock wrote:
I'd also lighten up the structure as right now the amount of trusses you have is overkill and will just add weight to the rotating section and require more power to operate...food for thought

Hmmm... Just beefy-ish poles, maybe?

Post April 28th, 2015, 9:31 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Yeah, personally I'd keep the tubes (on the part that rotates the entire ride) and replace the excess trusses with a nice beefy square tube member on either side.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2