Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Tempest in a Teacup (compact flying coaster)

Tempest in a Teacup (compact flying coaster)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
I wanted to make a compact launched flying coaster for a while but never got around to it (besides that one time but I wasn't as experienced). Inspired by both Firehawk and Flight of Fear, and my own creative mind. This is sort of a side project.
I feel bad for making topic(s) and abandoning them/not updating in forever, but I care more about this project than some others I started.
The boundary I made for the "bowl" that I will try not to exceed is just 85 ft by 217.5 ft (25.91m by 66.29m) horizontally, and a max height of 103 feet (31.45 m). I almost wonder if that's too big.
EDIT: I am done posting any topics in this forum for good because what's the point?
Last edited by Soko on October 10th, 2013, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 25th, 2013, 11:07 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,858.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by SkyArrow
EDIT: I am done posting any topics in this forum for good because what's the point?

I know that no one has posted anything in reply to your topic, but don't let that stop you creating the topic. I had looked at this and found it interesting, but didn't feel that I had anything constructive to say about, so didn't; assuming someone else might have something to say. But based on the number of views of the thread, people are interested in what you're doing.

So, don't stop posting images just because no one has replied. People may still be following your project.

Post June 25th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Rebank your dive loop exactly the same but in the opposite direction so that it'll "work" with the heartline a little bit better.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 25th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,232.00 Points
I like the concept, wish you luck.

For the dive loop, it could create a weird/awesome airtime thingy that way!

Post June 25th, 2013, 5:18 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Good luck man, spaghetti bowls are the hardest thing to complete!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post July 8th, 2013, 4:39 pm

I put this on the back burner for now because of this other project, Evil Streak. That often happens for some reason when I post a topic in the hard hat area (making an update and then putting the project on the back burner in favor of another, funner project for a while or indefinitely, which I don't post a topic of because I don't wanna 'spam' the place. Being antsy was not the only reason). Sorry for overreacting. I might as well work on it again since I thought about making the supports on ES more accurate than usual and don't wanna drain myself.
I should remember to post in this forum more often in (the) future and not solely rely on the less active CoasterCafe.

Post July 9th, 2013, 4:54 am

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
I know, I'm getting frustrated. I have no motivation to finish a project because it must not be important enough for someone to drop a comment. I do hope you get back to this project as it looks promising!

Post October 10th, 2013, 1:29 pm

I decided to restart this project from scratch. After running out of ideas (and because I was kinda dissatisfied), I kinda got inspired by AJClarke's Ivory Tower and the Vekoma Stingray model.
It is no longer a launch coaster but a vertical lift, which means I will have to change the thread title. It seems like since this is going to be a twisty compact coaster, using a shorter train would seem more apt.
Trying to wrap my head around what this element would feel like on a flying coaster, but I imagine it would be fun. I would like to use something like this, if I can get the laterals down to a more tolerable level. If not, maybe I will have to settle for a regular loop. This would be a lot easier if FVD++ could display rotational lats.
Raven turn (I think) with a twist at the top. Same story applies to this element too. Suddenly 3 cars seems like an imperfect number.
Just makin' sure this passed the tunnel test.

Post October 10th, 2013, 3:05 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Looks very cool, I definitely like the color scheme already.

Post October 10th, 2013, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points

Post October 10th, 2013, 8:01 pm

Better? Dang, forgot to make a copy of the FVD file before converting them to regular, non-twisty elements in case I changed my mind and wanted to try again. This may be one of those tracks where I experiment with a few layouts before finishing.
Helix.
Helix from another view.
It's ~118 feet tall, yet it only takes up this much footprint so far. Trying to design it with a smaller park in mind.

Return to Hard Hat Area