Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster The Chuck Norris Approved AHG Topic

The Chuck Norris Approved AHG Topic

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 11th, 2006, 8:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yes, I decided to start THE Official topic on the AHG. This will be the place to ask any questions you have regarding the program, and to say or ask anything about my new tutorial which will be posted and approved soon. So, any questions?

Tutorial

AHG tool download - http://home.arcor.de/busterinwg/NL-AHG_v1_6.zip
Last edited by Canadmos on January 6th, 2008, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 11th, 2006, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Nice tutorial Jimmy. Should help a lot of folks. I know it's already helped me and I haven't used it yet! lol

Post June 12th, 2006, 11:55 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Nice tutorial Jimmy. I liked the way you added in some intentional problems, to show people how to solve common errors.

Post June 12th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Thank you very much Jimmy!!!!

I have been asking for this for a few years now.

Not that it really means all that much, but I donated a grundle of points to you for your efforts.[worship]

Post June 12th, 2006, 12:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I approved that article yesterday, thinking it was all done [lol] Obviously you added another page now. The staff and members are very thankful alike. It's people like you who help the site to expand and improve

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,415.00 Points

I am having a serious problem with AHG. Every time I try to use it, no matter what track it is, it says:
"Something went wrong! The train probably vallied. Check the speed settings."

I get this no matter what I do. Yes, the track is un-connected, and it does not vallie. It just happens no matter what. I have version 1.2.02. Can anyone please help?

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
LOL, listen to it...

Your train probably vallied.... Check the speed settings...

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

*wants to say a smart ass comment right now, but realizes it might get him into some trouble, then realizes he doesnt care cause it will be funny*

i thought you had an IQ of 121....figure it out yourself.

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:38 pm

Originally posted by SFMM homie

LOL, listen to it...

Your train probably vallied.... Check the speed settings...

I did check the speed settings! I tested the ride, and it makes it through, so what's the problem?

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:41 pm

Are you sure they're in meters per second? Also if you have any speed altering devices (Brakes, LIM's, etc) they would mess up the speed settings.

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:42 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

From which part on did you put the track into the AHG? If you're doing it like I do and heartline from the Beginning of the liftcrest, than you need to put in a higher startspeed, because else the train wouldn't make it over the top of the lift. If that's not the problem, try to be a bit more specified from where on you heartline your track. That would help to find an answer to your problem.

ish

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:46 pm

From the station I guess. I don't know how else to do it, because all you do is open the AHG, select the track, click "load", and click the "Heartline it!" button. Right?

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

wow, just wow. i honestly dont know how to respond to that :\

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:53 pm

Well how do you heartline it from a particular point? It doesn't seem like there's any sort of choice! I tried setting the station launch to 124 mph and it still didn't work![}:)]

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:54 pm
ish User avatar

Points on hand: 1,239.00 Points

Wrong. You need to make the prelift aprt seperate. And then select the trackpart from the end of the straight segment of the lift up to the first brake nad save it as a track. Then look for the speed settings and paste them. You'll have to play around with the start speed so that the train makes it over the liftcrest.
That's how I always do it...hope I could help you.

ish

Post July 4th, 2006, 3:59 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

i've actually been able to just remove the straight porton of the lift and heartline from there on..i transform all the segments to track and set the colors to black and set the start speed at something rediculous. works fine, but only for me, if you wanted the ahg to do all the banking for you you have to do it all way more accurately.

Post July 4th, 2006, 4:00 pm

You can't heartline the whole track, including the lift hill. Save the part of the track you want heartlining as an element, and import it into another empty track file. You need to take the speed settings for that particular part of the track for it to work. Then once it's heartlined save it as a different element and import it beck into the original track.

Post July 4th, 2006, 4:25 pm

Post July 5th, 2006, 12:50 pm

The funny thing is, that's the first thing I put on page 2. Reading helps.

Post July 5th, 2006, 1:44 pm

I did read your tutorial, I guess AHG is just a little advanced and complicated for me to understand. Well I'm getting better at smoothing by hand anyway, so I'd rather not try to learn something this complicated. Thanks for the help though.

Post July 14th, 2006, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

This is a great and useful tutorial but I still have problems using the AHG[sillyme]in particular with the speed values.I calculate them precisely but absolutely doesn't work.........[confused]

Post July 14th, 2006, 6:03 pm

You sure you're taking the speed values from the correct place in the track? Or if you have any speed changing devices (Brakes or LIM's) they would cause problems with the speed settings.

Post July 14th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

I check in the simulator the values in entering and going out the element or piece of track.Then I calculate in meters p/s but the AHG doesn't heartline....if I put extremely high values it works but it changes the element:example I want to heartline an overbanked turn;with the right speeds not work with high values it becomes an inversion.
It's a little bit confusing but hope you understood.

Post July 14th, 2006, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,590.00 Points
What do you do if the AHG for some reason reduces the radii of half loops? Because on one of my tracks, an invert. if it has anything to do with it, I have an loop where the car pulls 4.5 Gs going into it (reasonable). Then I put the track through the AHG, & increase speed settings as to get the proper form for half loops.

But when I open it up in the editor, the loop is noticably tighter, and when I ran it in the sim it pulls 6.3 Gs (painful). Anyone want to offer up an explanation for this?

please?

Post July 14th, 2006, 6:33 pm

You have to anticipate that. The AHG decreases (it's an invert, negative heartline) the radius on loops by twice the heartline value. So if it has a radius of 10 unheartlined, it will have a radius of 7.8 heartlined (-1.1 * 2). It's designed that way.

Next

Return to No Limits Coaster