Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The Dilemma Topic!

The Dilemma Topic!

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post August 14th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,893.00 Points
This is basically for posting and dilemmas you have for coasters and stuff!

I'm unsure if there is already something like this, but I figure this should be helpful :P
Last edited by Blue_ on October 12th, 2016, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm only annoying on purpose I swear

Post October 11th, 2016, 9:15 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I have one!

I would love to post coasters, I work on quite a few actually and a lot of them have fairly non-traditional and original layouts I think I am strongest in wooden coasters, both modern and traditional. I don't really design rides so much from the perspective of existing designers however, I really try to have a unique signature style. Like even if it was posted blank you could tell it was mine >for good reasons< lol. The other thing is a lot of my coasters are built more as a therapeutic escape more so than to be functional capacity-wise.

My issues come in because I cannot for the life of me complete a roller coaster to site satisfaction in No Limits T_T

I can't for the life of me do supports. I don't get it, I don't have a vision for them, and I don't have an eye for structural stability X_X. Not that I make outlandish rides, but my support work needs to be condemned and it really makes my coasters unattractive. It's like drawing, I love art, and have an eye for the detail but nothing comes out of my hands haha. I just don't get it.

My question is, would it be okay to upload them anyway? The main reason I don't is I feel like I would end up feeling "Coaster-shamed" for not being able to get them at least decent. And because of this I also feel I lose out on getting feedback from the aspect that I really enjoy which is the actual track building. Everything else just kinda kills it for me. I also love landscaping and trees and stuff but I just don't have an eye for scenery and I have no desire to learn 3ds.

Would anyone be able to help? I wish I had the ability to make some of the coasters I have into a real park, I think it would be amazing! But anything I do besides terrain shaping and planting trees looks like festered sewage. >_>

My final thing is scripting. I think I'm too old to learn it on the fly lol. I would love to be able to make a Fire Chaser Express styled coaster, as well as a unique design I thought of. If anyone would be willing to help me with scripting I would really appreciate it.

FURTHERMORE, I would really like to get an opinion on a few coasters I really like and want to finish. I would like to get a few opinions on things I can change and tweak, and... really whether or not I should just chuck them in the bin and start over! XD If anyone is interested and willing to give feedback and maybe chat out it please send me an IM.

(hope I'm using this topic right, I was just about to create one to say these things XD)

Post October 11th, 2016, 11:04 am

Points on hand: 1,527.00 Points
I don't think it'd be a problem if you post your - unfinished - coasters at all. It's always good to get feedback from the community and maybe you get some pretty good tips to make your next coaster better. I'm sure there are lots of people willing to help you.
If you prefer getting personal feedback via pm, I'd love to help you.

Post October 11th, 2016, 11:05 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

I'm lazy and complete few projects
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 11th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,893.00 Points
You should upload your tracks, we need as many unique tracks as we can get :P
I'm only annoying on purpose I swear

Post October 11th, 2016, 4:23 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

The rides I upload meet certain standards. If I don't feel good about my rides I let them slip away
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post November 14th, 2016, 6:08 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Turbo wrote:
I'm lazy and complete few projects

I have to say like 'RCDB' or Duane Marden's website is a super distraction! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 14th, 2016, 8:20 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
LuckyK wrote:
-lots of snipped text-

Upload them, create topics, ask people for opinions, share stuff - that's exactly what this forum and site is here for. I'd like to think everyone on the site aims to be constructive with their feedback, and anything that isn't gets shut down pretty quickly. One problem we might have as a community is we're a bit too fluffy with comments sometimes - saying we like stuff without really detailing what it is we like or what we think should change. To expand on these thoughts if I see people giving others feedback I tend to gravitate towards giving them feedback too - for instance I'd always try and rate something uploaded by Herman because he does so much rating himself.

Turbo wrote:
The rides I upload meet certain standards. If I don't feel good about my rides I let them slip away

We need more uploads like this to the scrapyard - and for the scrapyard to be more promoted perhaps. I think a lot of people could learn a bunch of stuff about how you build stuff Turbo.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post November 19th, 2016, 7:02 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Yeah, I think that we should try being like Herman! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2