Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area THE JOKER'S REVENGE

THE JOKER'S REVENGE

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 14th, 2008, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

---THE JOKER'S REVENGE---

Defend Gotham City from The Joker's relentless attack on this massive B&M Invert!!!

This is a MASSIVE B&M Invert standing 125 feet tall. It features 6 inversions:
1.Loop
2.Cobra Roll
3.0g Roll
4.Immelman
5.Corkscrew (Wing-Over)

-------------------------

This is my first serious, major project. That means this project will be completed over several months, and will have all the "good stuff" (Testers, Updates posted on CoasterCrazy, etc...) This track will also feature a lot of "firsts" for me:

A. All hand-built elements (No prefabs) --> as I am still practicing this, these inversions may be a bit bumpy. I've tried my best to make them smooth.

B. Supports so detailed that they look realistic (Supports are modeled after Silver Bullet @ Knott's Berry Farm)

C. Custom Station

D. Good theming (3d's, not just terrain and trees)

E. B&M Invert

-------------------------

I will keep you updated on the status of this project. Thanks! [:D]

NLDC PAGE:
http://www.NoLimitsDevCenter.net/p4444

*Check it out and tell me what you think!*

P.S: I will need people to help with testing and suggestions. If you are willing to help me, please reply on the topic or PM/email me (there's a link on my profile). Any help/suggestions is much appreciated. Thanks!!! [;)]
Last edited by coasterking1993 on March 14th, 2008, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 14th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

transport section on the last helix? not a good idea.

Post March 14th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Originally posted by Austin

transport section on the last helix? not a good idea.

well, i hid the LIM's in simulator view, but i kinda... needed the extra kick, otherwise it got stuck at the beginning of the brakes even though i have the booster wheels on the brakes [:(]

do you know how i might fix this?

EDIT: nevermind, i fixed it [;)] (turns out i DIDNT have the wheels on the brake activated) [sillyme]

I also re-took the layout pic and its changed on the nldc pg. now... [:)]

Post March 14th, 2008, 3:48 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points

You should split these track segments so there are a larger number of them. Then do some re-shaping a bit so their is not as large of pumps. (make them more round/circular)

Post March 14th, 2008, 3:55 pm

^ thanks, i'll try that...

edit: ok, ive fixed the section in between the last 2 brake runs... its gonna take some time to do the section after the wing-over[approve]

Post March 14th, 2008, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Everything looks horribly prefab, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll be sure to check it out and see how you're doing.

Post March 14th, 2008, 4:31 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Alright, sounds good pretty good. Post newer pictures on your dev center site later when you finish fixing that up.

Post March 14th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Everything looks horribly prefab, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll be sure to check it out and see how you're doing.

actually, every single section is hand-made [;)] i just spent about 2-3 days (at least) making sure the inversions looked ok [approve]

...also, maybe it looks like prefabs because i modeled my sections after the prefab elements...??? i compared mine and the prefabs and they look pretty similar (from the top view) but i think once you get into 3d view you can see most of the differences between the two [;)]

Originally posted by cp-soad

Alright, sounds good pretty good. Post newer pictures on your dev center site later when you finish fixing that up.

ok, will do [:D]

Post March 14th, 2008, 4:47 pm

The reason I simply cannot believe that this is your first ride of entirely handbuilt elements is how perfectly straight everything looks, http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i36438 , and how the zero-g looks like hill leads into a barrel roll...

Post March 14th, 2008, 4:55 pm

well, you should believe it, remember i spent most of my time for the layout making everything as smooth and straight as possible... i took several hours on each inversion!!! [:O]

...so why dont i get any credit for my work?!?! come on! [:(!]

==============================

I SWEAR WITH GOD AS MY WITNESS - EVERY SINGLE PART OF THIS TRACK WAS HAND-BUILT BY ME!!!!

(and im done arguing about it too... i REALLY, REALLY dont care whether or not you think that i made this, but just respect me and dont acuse me of lying either, because you have NO FRICKIN' CLUE how long i spent working hard to make this as good as i possibly could!!!) [stoning]

Post March 14th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

^No need to get angry; I think all that GerstlCrazy was trying to say is, if you're handbuilding, why is everything so straight? Personally, if I handbuilt, there would be very, very few perfectly linear moments in my rides... you're going to spend the time to tweak all of it by hand, so why not make things interesting? The point is that it does arouse suspicion if you hook up two inversions in a nice line like that, even though we know you're building it all custom.

Do your best to remove the pumps.

Post March 14th, 2008, 5:32 pm

^No need to get angry; I think all that GerstlCrazy was trying to say is, if you're handbuilding, why is everything so straight? Personally, if I handbuilt, there would be very, very few perfectly linear moments in my rides... you're going to spend the time to tweak all of it by hand, so why not make things interesting? The point is that it does arouse suspicion if you hook up two inversions in a nice line like that, even though we know you're building it all custom.

Do your best to remove the pumps.

ok, nevermind [:D]

anyway... ive fixed the turn after the corkscrew, the pictures are now up on NLDC [;)]

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i36446
http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i36447

does it look better now???

Post March 14th, 2008, 5:47 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2008, 5:53 pm

ok, i got a new screenie showing the changes that i made... notice in the "before" the turnarounds have tighter and more square-like edges, meaning more pumps.

in the "after", it shows how i made the edges more circle like and smoother... which means less pumps!

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i36448

Post March 14th, 2008, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
In my opinion, it is all prefab.
I definitely see /elements/Loop.nlelem.
I will be able to confirm this hypothesis when I ride it.

Post March 14th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Originally posted by tiepilot35

In my opinion, it is all prefab.
I definitely see /elements/Loop.nlelem.
I will be able to confirm this hypothesis when I ride it.

[stupid][pdie]
[lol]
ok, go ahead -- think WHATEVER the hell you want... i dont care! i just want to inform you that you're wrong though, i guess you'll be proven wrong when you ride it [approve]

EDIT:

actually, ill just prove you wrong right here, in front of everyone... why not?! that way everyone can see you're wrong! [stoning]
PREFAB

MY LOOP

OMG!!! There... IS... a... difference!!!!! [shocked] [confused] [sillyme]

There... anybody else want to challenge me?!?!?! [^][:p]

Post March 14th, 2008, 6:14 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

Lol. In my opinion, you'd do better with the prefab loop. Yours looks VERY pumpy...

Plus, is it really necessary to use all that big type, and that many smilies?

Post March 14th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Yeah, I thought it was bad enough with all his smilies, but now he's got another way to tick the site off.

CKing, you have an absolutely out of control attitude. You need to settle down, with everything you do, and just try to calm your senses. Try some weed or yoga every now and then, god...

Post March 14th, 2008, 6:47 pm

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Yeah, I thought it was bad enough with all his smilies, but now he's got another way to tick the site off.

CKing, you have an absolutely out of control attitude. You need to settle down, with everything you do, and just try to calm your senses. Try some weed or yoga every now and then, god...

ya... sorry about that. ill admit, i DO get pissed pretty easily...[approve] i dont know, but for some reason im kinda paranoid because of experiences in my past... every time i feel threatened or picked on (yes, even when im talking face to face), i go on a screaming rant (in real life, thats literally, but on the web its just an angry reply like above). i know it sucks but its just who i am [:(!]

from now on, ill try not to have bursts of anger, ok? ill be a HAPPY person!! [:D]

(and as for the smilies, ive tried not to use them several times now, but it never works for more than 2-3 posts... so sorry but that wont be changing anytime soon) [;)] (you'll just have to learn to deal with it [xx(] [dunno] )

Post March 14th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

If I may give my opinion,it's not that bad using prefabs.You can start from them and work on the possibilities to create your personal element.
Remember that loops and corkscrews are extremely hard to handbuild and,(not to criticize)we can see the result in the second pic[xx(]

I usually insert a prefab in the editor and I "play" with it:I split it up in more segments (which is better),I smooth it continuosly and when I'm satisfied I save it as an element.

p.s.did you receive footer's mail?

Post March 14th, 2008, 7:31 pm

its ok, i know my loop isnt perfect, and im fine with that because its my first try at creating one... [;)]

and ya, i just signed in and got your footers. thanks so much!!!! can i use them in my actual track?

Post March 14th, 2008, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Originally posted by barone

[shocked]sure I made them for you!

thanks [:D] ill make extra sure to give you full credit [;)]

p.s-nice smilie usage [approve]

Ok, lets get back to the main issue here:

IS ANYBODY WILLING TO TEST THE TRACK FOR ME?? [confused]

Post March 14th, 2008, 8:05 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Those pumps that were most noticable before look much more realistic and appear as if they will ride better. I am up for testing if your okay with it. I'm a little irritated of working on Betrayal right now so I wanted to take a small 1-2 day break.

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area