Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games The Offical Arrow versus Vekoma Topic!

The Offical Arrow versus Vekoma Topic!

All forum games go here.

Post October 16th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

Post October 16th, 2007, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post October 16th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
I don't really want this to be a poll, I want this to be a discussion on who likes Arrow Dynamics or Vekoma Internatonal better. Does this awenser your Question?[lol]

Post October 16th, 2007, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
well i must say arrow cause of there suspended coaster. They are fun.

Post October 16th, 2007, 7:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Arrow is classic and way better than Vekoma. For a school project I got to interview the head designer at Arrow who designed the 4th dimension system. He was very kind but I lost the document a while ago.

Post October 16th, 2007, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
In general, I say that Vekoma lacks originality (let's get a new SLC design, eh?) and blows in pain.

Arrow made Magnum, which just means it dominates...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post October 16th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Arrow. Just the feeling of them is so original. And the layouts of their rides are just spectacular(anaconda, viper, ect.).

Originally posted by RRollergod

Arrow is classic and way better than Vekoma. For a school project I got to interview the head designer at Arrow who designed the 4th dimension system. He was very kind but I lost the document a while ago.

Sweet!

How come there arent any new arrow loopers coming out?

Post October 16th, 2007, 9:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Post October 16th, 2007, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Hmm...I'll have to go with Arrow. There are many custom designed Arrow coasters that are just spectacular. Vekoma tends to rely more on production models. I'll admit, I do like SLCs and Boomerangs but they're nothing compared to coasters like Great American Scream Machine, Viper, or Magnum XL-200.

I wouldn't mind seeing some Vekoma custom loopers pop up more though. There's just something I like about barreling through loops in those small 2 across trains. But I think most parks that can afford to add in a large looping coaster would opt to go with a B&M instead.

Post October 22nd, 2007, 10:13 am
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

They both suck and are incredably painful.

The only thing vekomas have over arrow are Disney coastera.
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post October 22nd, 2007, 10:28 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
i'd have to say arrow, for the same reason as thundermat.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post October 22nd, 2007, 10:56 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

In general, I say that Vekoma lacks originality

I can't believe someone could say THIS? They are the most innovative rollercoaster builders around. Boosterbike, Thrill Lift, Pandora's box, Mine Train, Tilt coaster, Flying Dutchman, ... I hope you meant Arrow which lacks originality because: http://rcdb.com/m/cm6.htm
Thats about one third of the page of Vekoma's models.

My vote goes to Vekoma. Their SLC's and Boomerangs aren't the most popular, but they have a well thought-out layout. Also their Disney-coasters kick ass.

Post October 22nd, 2007, 12:03 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
I totaly Agree with mikado, Vekoma's may not be as good as other builder, but their damm inovative. Boosterbike, flyers, tilt coasters, all came from them.
You can hate them, but their inovative all round!

Ow, and of course, as me being ducth not voting for our national pride would be rather stupid.

Post October 22nd, 2007, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 5,840.00 Points
Originally posted by Jer

We need to toughen you up, boy!

Take two backseat rides on Great American Scream Machine and report back in the morning; that is if you can move. lol

Post October 23rd, 2007, 4:26 am

Points on hand: 892.00 Points
I like vekoma better (I'm dutch), but I never been on a arrow coaster too.
buttersafe is extremely funny

Post October 23rd, 2007, 6:35 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Vekoma, hands down.

Arrow are great for their suspended and 4d inventions. Sure, they were a great company in their time, but now, VEKOMA! What i think makes Vekoma special is the fact they have managed to create good, solid rides that are available to smaller parks, such as the boomerang! They are good rides, no matter what anyone says, if they are maintained properly, and probably one of the best rides a smaller park can get.

Like Mikado said, they are extremely innovative aswell! The Tilt Coaster idea looks amazing, Booster Bikes are REALLY fun and unique, and Pandoras box does look VERY INTERESTING. Just a shame one hasnt been built yet! =[ They do so much, and provide so many rides for parks of all sizes, from family parks to Disney for Christs sake! That is a massive range. YAY for Vekoma! [:D]

Post October 23rd, 2007, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 302.00 Points
i mean guys.....

u r talking about 2 different company!!!

the first ( arrow) is not here anymore ( bankrupticity for X coaster design), the second vekoma is of course know for its originality ( motorbike, expedition everest), and also, other kind of rides, yeah, it's rough....bumbpy....bla bla bla....but c'mon, without it, many parks wouldn't have coasters!

Post October 23rd, 2007, 9:42 am
Jer User avatar

Points on hand: 1,089.00 Points

Originally posted by Cygnus12

Originally posted by Jer

We need to toughen you up, boy!

Take two backseat rides on Great American Scream Machine and report back in the morning; that is if you can move. lol

ahhaaa so people on this site ARE trying to kill me!
Phoenix|Maverick|Skyrush|RFII|Leviathan|Bizzaro[SFNE]|Bdash|Griffon|El Toro|Verbolten
RIP Chiller: 1997-2008

Post October 30th, 2007, 7:45 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
for big thrill rides it's arrow, hands down.
Magnum, X, Great American Scream, Big Bad Wolf.
great rides

but

overall Vekoma takes it.
just because there variety of rides along with the overall small park rides but yet thrilling rides. the ideas they come up with are great.

Post October 18th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 322.00 Points
I like rides like the Demon at SFGAm
Vampire at CWOA
Vortex at KI

They beat out Vekoma by a lot!

Post October 18th, 2012, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 841.00 Points
Arrow, by a lot. Their "new" FVD coaster such as Tennessee Tornado are amazing (or so I've been told), and very heartlined. They also pretty much led the way for everything we have now, creating the matterhorn bobsleds, and the first modern inversion. Also, they created the suspended coaster and also created the awesomeness that is X. *Imagines Arrow multilooper layout with FVD*
Originally posted by AJClarke0912

"Newtony-piece-a-poop upward spiraling barrel roll"

But none of that really hits here so it's okay.

Post October 18th, 2012, 8:32 pm

Points on hand: 322.00 Points
Originally posted by gigacoasterfan

Arrow, by a lot. Their "new" FVD coaster such as Tennessee Tornado are amazing (or so I've been told), and very heartlined. They also pretty much led the way for everything we have now, creating the matterhorn bobsleds, and the first modern inversion. Also, they created the suspended coaster and also created the awesomeness that is X. *Imagines Arrow multilooper layout with FVD*

Vekoma does not make rides here in the USA this year.

Return to Fun and Games