Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The "One Flat a Month" project

The "One Flat a Month" project

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 24th, 2016, 9:10 am

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
We all now NL2 is an awesome coaster simulator, but as you can see (or at least I hope you see) in my projects, I've never been the kind of guy who likes to build a coaster and let it sit on a flat land with some trees. Looking at real world, this great structures always have something around them, may it be a park, a zoo or just standing on a tower in the middle of the city. Of course, you can always make your own sceney, but a lot of people doesn't know how to do it. So... What does NL2 need?

Well, there is already some fantastic foliage, a fantastic and easy to use set to build your paths, some objects like trash cans, benches or lamps and some flats. But we all know they aren't enough, plus most of them only fits the giant thrill rides category.

So, in order to try to add some nice variation to your parks I'm starting this thing. I have some flats almost ready to be released. You may have already seen them, but just in case:

This is the first one, the typical rocket ride found in a lot of parks. This version is clearly inspired by the one at Disneyland Paris, Orbitron. But most parks doesn't really add so much theming to their rides, so a more generic version will also be released.

And the second, which I didn't intend to release because it was just a shot at Atari "fantastic" researching and animation skills. Because of that, the model isn't accurate to the real ride (in fact, it uses Skyrush seats and restrainsts, and nobody likes them, right?), and I will start it from scratch to make it look like a real Bussink Evolution. However, you can get a sneak peek of the already made model and animation:

Other rides that I have in mind are the chainswing chairs and the teacups. But, since I'm not the biggest flat ride expert out there, I need your suggestions on what kind of rides you think are necessary.

What's the bad part of this? Well, I know nothing about scripting, so the only thing I can do is a keyframe animation... So the rides animation may not be as good as some other based in physics, but I will make sure that at least they resemble the real ride, unlike those made by a well known gaming company...

You'll get the first one this next week, hope you find it good enough to use in your parks!

Post January 24th, 2016, 9:25 am

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
Please release that mini version of the evolution and then make the better more realistic version.

Post January 24th, 2016, 12:39 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points

Post January 24th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Can you make a portable carnival ferris wheel? Like this one from china?

I like this portable Japaneses styled Ferris wheel.

http://www.newridesforsale.com/ferris-wheel-for-sale/

Post January 24th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Looks cagey lol! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post January 25th, 2016, 1:55 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post January 25th, 2016, 3:36 am

Um, mixed feelings! ;)

Post January 25th, 2016, 12:15 pm

For the generic rocket ride you could theme it like this.

The Asian style rocket ride.

Post January 25th, 2016, 5:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Togo I'm not gonna make ghetto style rides. That said, I can send you that version of the evolution. Also, I will make a small ferris wheel at some point, but it will look more like the RCT3 version.

Post January 25th, 2016, 5:28 pm

Check you PMs Dapalm.

I think that ride I suggested is not ghetto much at all.

THIS is what you call a ghetto ride.

This park has all REALLY ghetto things.

http://rcdb.com/9868.htm#p=0

Post January 26th, 2016, 3:04 am

^ The great example of a mini attraction which is not considered... tame! ;) + :)

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2