Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area The Swarm(Thorpe Park) Recreation Upd Aug 1

The Swarm(Thorpe Park) Recreation Upd Aug 1

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 10th, 2011, 12:28 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I am DCs221, and Lucas Bosch took the texture from me. You also did with your Starry Sky Ripper, but never replied to my PM about it. I haven't seen the texture in a recent LeFlo track.

I asked permission from the owner of the texture to download use it for my tracks. I also took my time to modify the appearance of the texture after Real helped me by fixing up the edges of the leaves. You and others simply took the texture without permission. Please don't be one of *those guys*.

Post August 10th, 2011, 4:28 am

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Originally posted by dcs221

You and others simply took the texture without permission. Please don't be one of *those guys*.

dude it's just a tree.

Post August 10th, 2011, 7:33 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,863.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I am DCs221, and Lucas Bosch took the texture from me. You also did with your Starry Sky Ripper, but never replied to my PM about it. I haven't seen the texture in a recent LeFlo track.

I asked permission from the owner of the texture to download use it for my tracks. I also took my time to modify the appearance of the texture after Real helped me by fixing up the edges of the leaves. You and others simply took the texture without permission. Please don't be one of *those guys*.

It's a tree, not a huge 3d model that you spent forever doing. Evidently, it wasn't even yours in the first place, you and Real just neatened up someone elses ...?? Which makes it that person's and Real's just as much as it is yours.

You could look at it another way, too; is it not good enough for you that others obviously like it enough to actually use it on their own work? If it bothers you that much, just make it known to people that it's "your tree" ( lol ), and be done with.

Post August 10th, 2011, 9:24 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I don't like when people take things without permission. If I want to use something and it's not expressely written that it's ok to do so, I'll get in touch with that person and ask permission instead of taking something as if it were mine.

I spend a ridiculous amount of time on my designs, and because of that I take a little extra time to find things like good textures that will help make my designs stand out. Do you really think the realism people comment on with Cypher would be as well received if I stuck with default NL trees? I don't, and that's why I take my time to make everything work well instead of taking someone's work without permission.

In reference to your first paragraph Gouldy, did the person in question ask me, the original owner, or Real to use the tree? No, therefore that point is moot.

The person in question has taken lots of things from people. He's taken tracks, edited them, and uploaded them to other sites, for example. Very often much of his scenery is taken from others. I don't like people mooching, and I've seen others take offense to it too.

Post August 10th, 2011, 10:52 am

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points

I'm really didn't know If Lucas used your tree,I only got permission from him but he didn't said his tree texture is belong to you
P.S:The sky texture and smallest trees under the Loop is belong to LeFLO's Windstorm,But I scale it

NOW,I Would ask you for permission to use these trees in These 2 Project[:I] Sorry

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area