Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 The UI on the New Editor

The UI on the New Editor

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 11th, 2014, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 101.00 Points
I'm sure after some getting used to it that this new editor will be fine but right now it is no where near as intuitive as the old one. Very confusing so far. Maybe someone can tell me if I'm on the right track but so far I'm assuming that the "weight" slider is like the old control handles used to be????? How do you get the changes made with this control to only affect the selected control point rather than all of them? Yeah I'm a little lost so far!

Post January 11th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 6,337.00 Points
It's a new way of designing that results in MUCH better track work. There are no more control points. ANYTHING YOU DO WILL AFFECT THE STUFF AROUND IT.

Post January 11th, 2014, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Start with the tutorials in the Help files, you'll get the hang of it! We definitely don't recommend adjusting vertex 'weight'. That feature is there if you need it, but for the most part you should just leave that alone.

Post January 11th, 2014, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Originally posted by TylerE

ANYTHING YOU DO WILL AFFECT THE STUFF AROUND IT.

Use vertex Locking to avoid that. Also don't be afraid to use more verticies. The B-Spline is very forgiving. In NL1 hand builders would use as few verticies as possible. But in NL2 hand builders can use more points to get a better definition to the curve and then use the Depumper to smooth things out.

Post January 11th, 2014, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I was starting to wonder if it would be easier to make the track in NL1 and import it into NL2 to finish it.
Plantoris

Post January 11th, 2014, 7:01 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Finding it much easier to hadnbuild with the B-Spline!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post January 12th, 2014, 1:33 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Has the importing issue with inversions/vertical sections been mentioned?

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2