Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The World's Most Expensive...Golf Course.

The World's Most Expensive...Golf Course.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 535.00 Points
It's good to know money is being put to good use *sarcasm*. It's going to be built in the middle of the Maldives, on man-made islands, in the middle of the ocean. The course is going to have underwater tunnels and more interesting features. The interesting point about it? This golf course is going to cost about $500 million to construct. Cool5 would probably love this place.

Link to story below:

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-40253439
Last edited by Tidus on June 20th, 2011, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't be a disability"... yep, still keeping that. :P

Post June 20th, 2011, 8:22 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Your cult leader has stolen more money and is responsible for the largest fraud case in Japanese history. When you lose trials, you're guilty.

IT'S A FACT, DEAL WITH IT.

At least people get to play a game from this (albeit a stupid game for fat swaddling seniors that think it's exercise)
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 20th, 2011, 9:11 am

Already told you I'm not really connected with them anymore, so what you posted is an unrelated, unneeded response.

It's great that you're proving to be an asshole again. Now back to the topic of 500 million dollars being wasted on a f*cking golf course.

Thanks.

Post June 20th, 2011, 12:19 pm

Points on hand: 400.00 Points
Originally posted by Tidus

It's great that you're proving to be an asshole again.

Thanks.

When is he not being an asshole? Well I think it is kinda stupid to waste half a billion dollars on a golf course when there is so much else you could do with it, like donate it to my poor village? But whenever they do build this course I'll end up going to it one day I bet considering I love golf.

Post June 20th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Golf isn't exercise if you use a cart. But if you carry your own clubs, walk roughly 4.5 miles, swing some 80+ times (most hackers will swing 100+) then yes, its exercise. If you use a cart though, you defeat the purpose.

BTW, if I had half a billion to design a golf course it would certainly be cooler than this.

Post June 21st, 2011, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Golf is just a good walk ruined. I used to play golf, but, had way more fun on the driving range than the course. $500,000,000, they better have an open bar and bayliners for "carts."
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post June 21st, 2011, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Now I think the range is boring and a waste of time. No challenge on the range.

Post June 21st, 2011, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
Why the hell would you make a golf course with underwater tunnels, it's stupid, underwater tunnels are for aquariums not golf courses.

A random fact: the capitol of the Maldives is called Male.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post June 21st, 2011, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 400.00 Points

Post June 21st, 2011, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Do I think this is excessive as love? Yes. Do I think it will attract a hell of a lot of rich people? Yes. Do I think it's one of the coolest ideas for a golf course I've ever seen? Yes.

Post June 22nd, 2011, 3:13 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

500 million dollars being wasted on a f*cking golf course.

It's private money though, you can do what you want with your own money without having to put up with people saying you're wasting it. If someone who has $500million to do what they want with and they decide that they want to build the world's craziest golf course with it, then who are you to say they are wasting their money?

It's not personally what I would spend my money on (afterall $500million could build you a pretty sweet theme park), but if that's what these guys want to spend their money on, sobeit.

Also, it's an investment, it's something that's going to produce money, so they won't be "wasting" $500million anyway. Whether or not they'll ever break even is something I couldn't tell you, but even so, they'll definitely make some of the money back.

Post June 22nd, 2011, 3:17 am

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
10 bucks says they'll break even within a few years. With that other course mentioned in the article charging $500,000/year for membership, who's to say these guys won't charge $1 million or more? At $1 million, they only need 250 members for 2 years, and BAM it's paid for. Plus, they undoubtedly have a restaurant at which they charge $30 for a coke and $70 for a nice side salad, and then there's cart rentals, etc...it'll be paid for. I have no doubts about that.

Post June 22nd, 2011, 10:50 am

It's depressing of the state of the world. These people could donate that 500 million to help so many things...but instead, the reptilian mind is taking over, and they're building a golf course with underwater tunnels. Will it probably be the most bad-ass gold course ever created? Most likely, but does it make it right? No.

That's money wasted imo.

It's nice that they'll make even more money off of it in the future, where's it gonna go? I guess only time will tell, but right now, this is one of the most self-indulgent acts of the reptilian mind I have ever seen; it disgusts me, and it should disgust anybody else who has a conscience.

Post June 22nd, 2011, 2:35 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

but instead, the reptilian mind is taking over

Hahaha psychology isn't science
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 22nd, 2011, 2:39 pm