Board index Roller Coaster Games 3D Modeling Discussion Theme park entrance game

Theme park entrance game

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post February 11th, 2016, 3:55 pm
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 735.00 Points

Hello everyone,

This topic has been created in the 3d modelling forum since there isn't a specific forum for games and I need some help with 3d models.

I am in the process of creating a browser running game that is being created in unity3d. In this game the player will be able to control the entrance of a theme park. The player will be able to control everything to do with the entrance of a theme park from controlling the amount of open registers to taking control of one of the registers and helping the customers directly. Currently I am working on the entrance of Walibi Holland but since I am a game developer and not a 3d artist the models are still very basic cubes. It would be great if someone would be able to help out with the 3d modelling part of the game. I will also need some help with testing the game once it gets closer to being finished.

At the moment the player is only able to open and close the registers of the park. I am currently working on the turnstiles to get into the park. Here are a couple of pictures of the current state of the game.
2016-02-11 (1).png

2016-02-11 (3).png

If anyone is interested in helping out with the 3d models of the game or beta testing the game please let me know.
I will keep everyone updated with the development of the game in this topic.

This topic has been created with permission from Oscar.

Until the next update.

Post February 13th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Sounds like a fantastic concept! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post February 13th, 2016, 2:00 pm
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hello Again everyone,

I have been busy implementing the turnstiles into the game and everything seems to be working as expected. Here are a few new images with the new entrance turnstiles.

2016-02-13 (1).png

2016-02-13 (2).png

2016-02-13.png

For everyone interested in a very early build of the game. There is a playable version available on: http://coasternews.nl/WalibiAlpha/

There are still some problems with the guests they might cluster onto one register if you've only opened one so it's best to have at least two registers open at all times.

Please let me know what you think and if anyone is interested in helping with testing or modeling all the help is welcome.

Until the next update.

Post February 13th, 2016, 2:07 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points
^sounds awesome- I'd love to test it once it's ready!

Post February 17th, 2016, 12:02 pm
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hello again,

I have a small update for everyone.

The group registers have been implemented into the game. For now just one person goes to them but this wil be updated in the future when bigger and smaller groups will be walking around the entrance. Here are a few new images about the game.

2016-02-17 (1).png

2016-02-17 (2).png

Until the next update.

Post February 18th, 2016, 5:22 am

Then we'll see a more improved version next time! :D

Post February 19th, 2016, 1:52 pm
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

lol240 wrote:
Then we'll see a more improved version next time! :D

It has improved quite a bit this time. For the last couple of days I have been able to implement the first bases for the groups in the game. You will be able to see different groups walking around the entrance. But I have also been busy with something else the game now has employees so you have to take into consideration that it takes a while for an employee to get to his register or entrance gate to be able to receive guests. You are able to open up some registers and entrance gates before opening the park so the guests don't have to wait.

2016-02-19 (2).png

2016-02-19 (3).png

I have arrived on the point to start testing the game to find bugs and improvements that I might have overlooked. If anyone is interested to help please let me know.

Until the next update.

Post February 19th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,208.00 Points

Post February 22nd, 2016, 4:33 am

Yeah, the game is (visually) getting better and better! :D

Post March 7th, 2016, 3:34 pm
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hello again everyone,

It has been a while since I posted an update. The progress on the game has been going quite slow due to school and work. But I have some new things to show to everyone. I have been trying some things with 3d modelling in sketchup it looks better than what it was but still not quite what I would like it to be.

2016-03-07.png

There are now also multiple cameras in the game so you are able to view the entrance from different angles.
2016-03-07 (5).png

2016-03-07 (4).png

I have also started on the register system where you will now have to give the customers the right amount of tickets that they need. This is still in development and there will be more features added to this.

2016-03-07 (1).png

2016-03-07 (2).png

Feedback and suggestions about other camera angles and the register system are appreciated.

Untill the next update.

Post March 9th, 2016, 8:51 am

Everything was greatly improved and now this is really becoming the final product! :D

Post March 9th, 2016, 9:02 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Looks like you're making some good progress - 3d modelling is just practice so just keep at it :) Remember to keep using real life pictures for inspiration!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 30th, 2016, 10:07 am

What is this game in progress like now? :)

Post March 30th, 2016, 10:44 am
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

lol240 wrote:
What is this game like now? :)

Unfortunately not a lot has been added since the last update due to me being busy with school. I have been working a bit on the manual register system but unfortunately nothing else has changed. I hope to have the time to continue working on the game soon. I will let everyone know when I have something to show.

Post March 30th, 2016, 6:39 pm

^ There's no need to rush. :)

Post April 19th, 2016, 7:49 am
Coasternews User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hello everyone,

I have another update to show you. I have been working on the register system a bit more and the guests now have the option to either pay with card or with cash. If the guest decides to pay with cash you have to give the guest the right amount of change back. And there is a new camera in the game one that lets you sit inside of register one.
2016-04-19 (1).png

2016-04-19.png

I have decided to share the link with you all to be able to play the game in it's current state and help me finding bugs and improvements that need to made. You can also make suggestions for things that could be implemented in the future.
http://coasternews.nl/WalibiBetaTesting/
Unfortunately the manual register system only works on register one at the moment.

I am currently trying to find an artist to help me out with the art for the game. For the 2d UI elements such as the buttons and for the 3d models for the entrance plaza.

Until the next update.
Coasternews

Post April 19th, 2016, 10:45 am

Here comes the person model! :)

Return to 3D Modeling Discussion