Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Thorpe Park 2008/2009 Coaster

Thorpe Park 2008/2009 Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Thorpe Park 2008/2009 Coaster

4th Dimension Coaster
42%
B&M Flyer
22%
Woodie
8%
Floorless
28%

Total votes : 36

Post September 2nd, 2007, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 2,145.00 Points
Thorpe Park have proposed to build a ride in 2008/2009.

They have given some options, a B&M Flyer, maybe a 4D Coaster, a woodie and a Floorless. But they're will most possibly be a Flyer, according to SS.

But what would you want to see?
Last edited by Huraken Condor Freak on September 2nd, 2007, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 10:56 am

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

I would like them to have a 4D coaster but I dont think it goes with the park somehow. But thats just my opinion. It will be cool to have a B&M Flyer and I have heard rumours about one of them too. I also heard that it might have a pretzel loop in it. I think a floorless would be really cool for Thorpe Park.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 10:59 am

Flyer, with a pretzel would be good. If they build that, then Oblivion wouldn't have to go to AT anymore! Lol, but I would love to see a 4D.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 11:06 am

Ive just read in a forum that someone asked a ride op and he said about a Floorless comming. And he said it would be a Europes first!

Post September 2nd, 2007, 11:10 am

Great i dont really like flooress. Plus who did he ask, the guy off the tea cups. Because ride ops dont know that much.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

What i would want to see an what i think we will see are seperate things. I WANT to see an S&S 4d at Thorpe park, but to be honest i cannot see it happening. Thorpe park is small after all, and 4d coasters have to be pretty big to be any good. Unless its an Intamin Ball Coaster, which i dont really want at Thorpe.

Im not too sure whether it will be a flyer. Thorpe and Alton are all about concepts, vertical Drop, Flying, 10 loops, 200 foot, 0-80 or 0-60. You get the idea. They like to make the most out of the concept of the ride. To me, a good concept for Thorpe to play on is "floorless" as we havent seen one in the UK before. It would provide that selling point they like to have. A flyer wouldnt seem as original because Alton has one, and it was built 5 years ago. So to me a floorlesswould be a better move.

But then you cant be sure, Alton got an invert, Thorpe got an Invert, Alton got a Rocket Coaster, Thorpe got a Rocket coaster. We could very well see another flyer, despite it being less unique to the UK.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 11:23 am

I agree. They may get a flyer but i would rather see a floorless. Dont know why. The ride op was off Stealth i think and if the rumour is true, that it will be a Europes first, then i cant wait for it to happen.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 12:21 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
well they've completely cleared out the old 'farm' area on the other side of the lake, so i expect they'll be building a whole new area for the ride which i highly expect to be a B&M. Alton & Thorpe both have pretty even amounts of B&M and Intamins, so the chances of an SS 4D is very small.

A Floorless is most likely to me. I Also see Thorpe Park expanding soon too. Like a bridge into the new area, plus investments into land on that side.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 12:27 pm

Plus that new hotel they are building (Which is next to stealth over the water) for '09/'10.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 12:33 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Just been on www.thorpeparkguide.com and it appears that the area cleared next to samurai is going to be used for part of the ride.

http://www.thorpeparkguide.com/parknews ... tcity5.jpg

Post September 2nd, 2007, 12:42 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

that cleared piece of land has been there since the start of the season, i hope it interacts with colossus although i think colossus already interacts with the scenery enough.

i voted 4D as the area thats cleared isnt very large at all but it would be nice to see a floorless or even better somthing like a eurofighter or somthing a bit smaller and more family friendy which is what i think the park needs
Making screams come true

Post September 2nd, 2007, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
I bet the 4D possibility means an Intamin ZacSpin, which are by the way great rides! I hope it'll be a new ZacSpin, or even a BallCoaster!
Coastercount: 48 and counting

Post September 2nd, 2007, 1:52 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
A 4d would be cool but if i'd have to think realistically then I'd say a flyer. At least that's what I've heard from rumors.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 2nd, 2007, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

Originally posted by Jordz

And he said it would be a Europes first!

http://rcdb.com/id2504.htm

Post September 2nd, 2007, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points

Post September 2nd, 2007, 2:52 pm

I dont mean the first coaster type in Europe but something about it will make it a Europes first. Possibly something in the rides circuit.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 7:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

You guys don't deserve a good woodie with the way these votes have been going. 20 votes and I was the only one who voted wood? (And I live in the US!)

Can't blame you guys too much though, living in Europe has deprived most of you of a top tier wooden coaster experience, swaying your votes to inferior coaster styles.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 7:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

My guess would be either flying of floorless. I don't think I'll be back in the UK anytime soon but I would really like to see a nice woody there, a GG or GCI would round out their coaster collection nicely. I couldn't see Thorpe building a woody though, even though it would be great for the park.

Post September 2nd, 2007, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^Amen. I hear the UK crying at night for a wooden roller coaster, but I think Thorpe Park has done good with all of its steel designs nevertheless so far.

I don't think a 4D is impossible...B&M only has two out and even though they haven't proven to be operationally fluent, they could easily be reinforcing the design and planning to pop out a new one.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post September 3rd, 2007, 4:15 am

I just can't wait for the woodie, a 200ft woodie to be built a Alton Towers in the valley. And yes seemingly 200ft drops!

Post September 3rd, 2007, 6:46 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

You guys don't deserve a good woodie with the way these votes have been going. 20 votes and I was the only one who voted wood? (And I live in the US!)

Can't blame you guys too much though, living in Europe has deprived most of you of a top tier wooden coaster experience, swaying your votes to inferior coaster styles.

Its not that we ont want a woodie, its just we want the woodie at Alton Towers where it will be much better. A woodie just wouldnt fit in Thorpe park IMO. Thorpe Park is like the only UK park that is pretty much aimed towards 18 - 30 year olds. There is the odd kiddy ride, and the paddling pool thing, but other than that its thrill rides everywhere. All steel, all modern. A woodie would just look wrong in Thorpe IMO. Even if it had a steel structure it wouldnt look right, and i dont think the people living around Thorpe would appreciate it. We only got Stealth because its pretty much just an arch with hardly any structure below it taking over the skyline. Plus its painted white to fade in. A woodie wouldnt fade in, and the structure i think would seem a bit domineering on the skyline.

Huraken Condor Freak we've been waiting for that woodie since Air was announced. Didnt the recent planning bid get withdrawn by Alton themselves anyway? I wouldnt hold my hopes on that woodie for a while yet.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 7:40 am

Im pretty sure the woodie was going to go in in 2005 instead of Rita. I have a feeling that they wont put it in Alton, mainly because they have been taken to court because of the loud noises. And all their rides are either not high or in tunnels and holes because people dont want to see roller coasters when they look at views of Staffordshire.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 8:23 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

The last news on the Alton Towers woodie was the "smaller" family sized woodie to be placed behind the Cred Street area.

I've just realised, we still do not have any rumours for Alton in 2008.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 8:29 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

A woody would look fine at Thorpe, so long as it's themed accordinly. They have a nicely themed wood-type area over at the log flume.

Post September 3rd, 2007, 3:14 pm

They have had permission for a wooden rollercoaster in the valley. At Alton Towers, it said it would be for next year, but thay have delayed it to 2009. So loads of good rides coming 09.

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions