Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post October 13th, 2008, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

shurely they could of made a scaryier figure for this than a emo clown with a makeup problem.

i like the idea and would like to know if theres a propper story to it like there is with nemesis.
Making screams come true

Post October 13th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Points on hand: 1,298.00 Points

Post October 13th, 2008, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

ohh god, can someone get me a tissue ive just made a mess

uh... i kinda need one now also...
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post October 13th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
All coaster websites have gone like mad with this!!

Post October 13th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
just because the movies suck doesn't mean the ride will. IMO i think its a great movie/theme to make a coaster with. (although, the movies do suck, the 1st one was amazing!)

Post October 13th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 13th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

and here i was hoping that the Saw franchise would die slowly and miserably like it should have 4 years ago.. but no..

cool ride though.

Post October 13th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Ahah man, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. This is gonna be the funniest ride in the world, all the Saw movies are comedies IMO. Ride looks sweet though!

Post October 14th, 2008, 2:11 am

I just wanna say that this is big for the UK maybe not USA and canada. But yes not everyone likes the saw films.

Post October 14th, 2008, 1:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
is there gonna be an age limit(or something)? they say 15 or higher but i'm under that... [V]

Post October 14th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Doubt it, that would be stupid, way to limit your potential guests. [lol] Extrememly doubtful there would be an age limit, they might do some sort of extra at halloween with an age limit, but ordinarily it shouldnt have one.

Im really not sure what to think about this, im not a fan of rides themed after films unless they are pulled off extremely well. I really hope they pour lots of money into themeing and effects for this, otherwise it will be a let down. Any ride that is going to rely on atmosphere this much needs a fantastic themeing and set designer, i hope the woman who has the job is good enough. Themeing air, oblivion and stealth doesnt really give me great hopes. They are good looking rides, but this themeing job is WAY more important. The whole idea of the ride pretty much will rely on the themeing. Sure the ride itself is obviously important, but now its attached to a big name like SAW, the themeing has to be pulled off pretty spectacularly, because the general public are going to be much more expectant.

Post October 21st, 2008, 12:10 pm

Post October 21st, 2008, 1:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

its progressing, ill be down there sunday for a looksee and some rides on stealth of corse
Making screams come true

Post October 21st, 2008, 3:35 pm

Points on hand: 617.00 Points
"i hope the woman who has the job is good enough. Themeing air, oblivion"

Was that not John Wardley.... Im sure he was the main designer behind oblivion and air
Joined age 14 still here at 28 =]

Post October 23rd, 2008, 9:13 am

Points on hand: 1,316.00 Points
He's like an imagineer, he comes up with a layout and theme, then presents it to the park, they go to the companies ands get it built. Then someone else puts the hard work into the theming, and people like strengal do the track mathematically rather then just on paper.
The Ride Factor.com

Coming Soon...

Post October 23rd, 2008, 9:25 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gazag

shurely they could of made a scaryier figure for this than a emo clown with a makeup problem.

How about they use an emo clown like Gerstlcrazy with a makeup problem threatening to blast Fall Out Boy from a boom box?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post October 23rd, 2008, 2:30 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,828.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

maybe it's going to be a machine that gives cancer to every 12th person that passes through the entrance of the ride. That would make it pretty scary themeing to be fair. Nice.

EDIT: And a really nasty cancer like arse cancer that makes your ass hurt super crazy bad when you have a crap and make you feel like you want to die and then eventually obviously you would die. nice.

Post October 23rd, 2008, 2:57 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2008, 3:19 pm

how about if it were someone like hannibal, would tht be a little scarier?

Post October 26th, 2008, 4:38 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points

i went yesterday and i spoke to a man who works on the rides and he said that there isn't a age limit for the ride there is three seperate queue lines, one is for the people who just want to go on the ride, and the other is through all the story. (scary bit) the fastrack one which doesn't go through the story and goes straight to the ride...

Post October 26th, 2008, 11:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,863.00 Points
This is awesome. I am a huge fan of horror movies and love coasters. A combination of the two will probably be great.

Post October 27th, 2008, 5:07 am

in the plans there is only 2 que lines fast track and normal q.And the ride is going to have theming inside the building as well so it's just an epic fail!

Post October 27th, 2008, 6:05 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,828.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I would imagine, being as thr ride begins indoors and begins with a really sharp drop out of some brakes, that the ride will probably start with some cinematography and sound clips. Stuff with images of that clown thing and you can hear "I'd like to play a little game", then an explanation of the game followed by really quickly dropping down that drop without much warning etc etc...

That would be how I would start this coaster anyhow.

Post October 27th, 2008, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 827.00 Points
Good news - Bad News.

Alright so for those of you who dislike the franchise of Saw, you might not want to read this. I heard on the radio there is 4 more scheduled sequels. This is good news for the ride as they can change the theme/plot of the ride several times if they'd like. Bad news for those of you who wished the franchise was dead.

I found a link for a sixth sequel, and will try for a link about the other three.

LINK

Post October 30th, 2008, 9:17 pm

Originally posted by the guy who wrote the saw V and VI article

we are keeping with the original saw movies...
escape one trap to be taken into another...

hmmmm... yes. I can see how it is like the first saw, since there was only ever one trap which would never lead to another, and it was never a trap, it was a chance to appreciate your life more. I am NOT pleased! Saw I and saw II were AWESOME but they started to lose it when they did III and IV, i think they should have left it with this ride and let people have their nostalgia rather than get a lot of people annoyed. But hey it's their choice and they make money out of it so who are we to stop them?
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!