Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Thorpe Park Eurofighter 2009

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post October 2nd, 2008, 12:20 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,828.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

don't say "assed", that sounds hideous! [lol] the term you were looking for is "arsed", I believe.

Anyway:

Chech out this sexy picture!
http://www.rcdb.com/ig4162.htm?picture=7

Post October 2nd, 2008, 12:34 pm

Points on hand: 65.00 Points
Dont be assed Gouldy..

Nice pic btw. There's alot more to be found on the project Dylan site.

Post October 2nd, 2008, 12:39 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

say "I can't be assed", and it sounds like you're a gay bum fluff chewer trying to chew gay bum fluff! you can't say that phrase without saying "arsed" instead [:)]

Post October 2nd, 2008, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

ohh so sexy. i love eurofighters. i thinknill go up next wednesday with my SCL camera and the long zoom lense to get some nice piccys of the park
Making screams come true

Post October 4th, 2008, 7:05 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
very well, i will say arsed if it really matters that much to you. and that roll is looking pretty hot

Post October 7th, 2008, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

This ride is moving along super fast!
The top of the ride is complete, along with a few other inversions and an air hill! Check out the pictures below from themeuk.net, or head over there for more.

Looks to be one of the best Eurofighters yet if they can pull the theming off right!

Post October 7th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Post October 7th, 2008, 6:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Looks absoloutely awesome, i really cant wait to ride it in 2009! WOOO. They really better theme this ride to the extent it deserves, it could be one super good looking ride. I absolutely love the run from the first drop to the first airtime hill through the trees, it just looks beautiful, especially with that minature immelman underneath on the return journey! How awesomely tight does that immelman look at the end? [:D] Sweet.

Post October 9th, 2008, 10:49 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 9th, 2008, 10:59 am

Post October 9th, 2008, 11:19 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dude, this isn't coasterforce or theme park review [lol]

Post October 9th, 2008, 12:00 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
pron or this, whats the dif?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post October 9th, 2008, 1:52 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post October 9th, 2008, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

ohh god, can someone get me a tissue ive just made a mess
Making screams come true

Post October 9th, 2008, 3:50 pm

Originally posted by gouldy

Dude, this isn't coasterforce or theme park review [lol]

it may not be, doesn't mean i don't want it.

Post October 10th, 2008, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points

Post October 10th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Post October 13th, 2008, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 1,575.00 Points
Thorpe Park Announces SAW: The Ride.

http://sawtheride.com/

http://sawtheride.com/blog/

Rollercoaster Based On Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures????????? Megahit ?????????Saw????????? Franchise

The UK?????????s thrill-capital, THORPE PARK, leading next generation film studio LIONSGATE (NYSE: LGF) and TWISTED PICTURES today announced that they will launch SAW ????????? The Ride, the world?????????s first ever horror movie-themed rollercoaster, in Spring 2009. Based on Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures????????? ?????????Saw????????? franchise, the most profitable horror franchise in movie history, SAW ????????? The Ride is the scariest ride in the world. The latest installment in the series, ?????????Saw V,????????? premieres on Friday 24th October, and THORPE PARK will be inviting visitors to ?????????Face Your Fears????????? on their new terrifying attraction next year.

Like the films, THORPE PARK?????????s new rollercoaster will test the nerve of all who dare ride it and visitors will be at the mercy of the series????????? master manipulator, Jigsaw. The ultimate test of SAW ????????? The Ride will be a ?????????beyond vertical????????? drop of 100????????? from a height of 100ft, making it the steepest freefall drop in the world. Riders will also endure three inversions that will add another dimension to a whole new experience of adrenaline-fuelled fun for thrill seekers.

SAW ????????? The Ride continues the growth of the ?????????Saw????????? franchise as an international cultural touchstone. The original 2004 ?????????Saw????????? launched a new wave in horror films and introduced a bona fide icon of terror: Jigsaw, the philosophically inclined psychopath with an exacting moral agenda and a genius for gruesome games of survival, ?????????played????????? with those he believes have ceased to value and appreciate the gift of life. Ratcheting up tension and invention with each successive film, the ?????????Saw????????? franchise has become a part of the zeitgeist while jangling nerves around the world. To date, the four ?????????Saw????????? titles have taken in over $550 million in worldwide theatrical box office and their combined gross DVD sales are nearly 24 million units.

Candy Holland, Creative Director for Merlin Entertainments Resort Theme Parks, is the woman behind the ride and arguably has Britain?????????s scariest and most exciting job. She is an extreme thrill enthusiast and will draw on her extensive background in theme park and theatre set design, working with the project team to make it the scariest ride in the world. Candy was also responsible for the creative development of THORPE PARK?????????s Stealth ride, Se7en maze, and Oblivion and Air at Alton Towers Resort.

Candy Holland comments, ?????????I'm a huge fan of horror films and am utterly relishing creating the scariest ride in the world. Anybody who has sat through a ?????????Saw????????? film scared and terrified beyond belief will have some idea of what?????????s in store for them at THORPE PARK. SAW ????????? The Ride is going to be shocking and intense?????????both physically and psychologically?????????and is sure to give you nightmares.

?????????We have worked in close collaboration with Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures on this project to ensure total accuracy of the key elements of the ?????????Saw????????? films, which when combined with the latest rollercoaster technology will create a phenomenal ride experience.?????????

Marketing Director of THORPE PARK Carolyn London says, ?????????SAW ????????? The Ride is definitely only for the brave, and will add an element of edge to an already adrenaline packed breadth of thrills on offer. We?????????re certain the ?????????Saw????????? theme will set pulses racing and will satisfy the appetite of those in search of the ultimate exhilarating experience.?????????

?????????Saw????????? producers and Twisted Pictures principals Mark Burg and Oren Koules remark, ?????????We love scaring people, and SAW ????????? The Ride is a whole new way to do it. The team at THORPE PARK have really impressed us with their grasp of the ?????????Saw????????? universe and with their dedication to creating a truly edgy attraction.?????????

Guy Avshalom, Lionsgate COO, and Aubrey McClure, Lionsgate Vice President of Promotions, Licensing & Merchandising, add, ?????????SAW ????????? The Ride is a reflection of how thoroughly the ?????????Saw????????? franchise has crossed over into pop culture at large. We are delighted to be working with THORPE PARK to continue that expansion with the scariest ride in the world.?????????

The new ride will be the Park?????????s fourth major rollercoaster, joining an already impressive portfolio of extreme ride experiences, including Stealth ????????? Europe?????????s fastest rollercoaster, Colossus ????????? the world?????????s first ten looping rollercoaster and Nemesis Inferno ????????? the 4.5 G-force experience.

THORPE PARK will open for the full 2009 season on Saturday 14th March but to preview the ride visit www.sawtheride.com. For further information please log onto www.thorpepark.com.

Post October 13th, 2008, 10:46 am

really? come on now, rollerross are you with these people or something, they totally stole your ideas!

Post October 13th, 2008, 11:21 am

Points on hand: 5,801.00 Points

I am going to guess that Tconwell is going to be in England in the next year or two.

Post October 13th, 2008, 11:28 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

"the scariest ride in the world", just because it's based on the saw films? [lol] gimme a break, the first saw film was good, good story well told, but the others have just been about cramming as much bloody violence into the film as possible... not scary, not even really that amusing. Now they're bringing out a 5th saw movie [yawns] and now this!? [lol]

One thing though, Thorpe Park really know how to advertise, that website is bloody good.

Post October 13th, 2008, 11:52 am

this ride looks awesome! I'm gonna have to ride it, FINISH IT AND OPEN IT!

Post October 13th, 2008, 12:53 pm

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

I really like the idea, but I would much rather prefer it to be just a roller coaster, like Colossus or Nemesis Inferno. I get scred easy, I dont wanna get freaked before i get on the ride. Haha. Anyways, the ride looks really good and I cant wait to see what they would do with it on halloween nights and so on.

Post October 13th, 2008, 1:28 pm

they will probably actually kill you on fright nights...

Post October 13th, 2008, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
Originally posted by Adrenaguy

really? come on now, rollerross are you with these people or something, they totally stole your ideas!

I now i was well FREAKED out what was 13 origanly going to be SAW The Ride then it became 13 before the 13 trailers came out im meem this is freaky.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!