Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets thorpe park fright nights park meet

thorpe park fright nights park meet

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post October 2nd, 2007, 6:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

Venue - Thorpe park

Meet time - 9:30 AM approx

Special event - Fright Nights

Date - 27th october 2007

Special thing - can all attending please wear a mask, paint there face, dress up or anything else they can think of to do with trick or treating. just a little bit of fun

us in the uk carnt let the americans have halloween all to themselves so lets get a trip organised for us to thorpe park fright nights
filled with chills and scares this is surposed to be the most frightening themepark experience ever.
the park will be open till very late at night so blease be aware that if your traveling long distance.

lets make this the biggest meet up yet people hope to see you all there, if you wish to attend just reply to this thread

people attending:-

gazag
Casper
gouldy
linny
gouldys mum
Last edited by gazag on October 15th, 2007, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making screams come true

Post October 3rd, 2007, 11:36 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Post October 4th, 2007, 5:08 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 4th, 2007, 5:31 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I wish I could but then i've got to work at toverland.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 5th, 2007, 6:17 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

"us in the uk carnt let the americans have halloween all to themselves"

Why not? It's an American holiday, that I for one do not celebrate, it being a pointless waste of time and just another excuse for chavs to cause disruption to the rest of us, by going to old peoples houses and terrorising them. However, I do like it how it used as an excuse to keep the theme parks open till late :-)

I'm going to say a preliminary yes for now gaz, without having consulted linny first haha. I'm not sure what we're doing around that time, my brothers birthday is in that week and we were talking of doing something on the weekend, however, that might be bringing him and mother to thorpe park [;)] heh heh, I can let them walk around on their own and plus I won't have to drive [:D]

Post October 5th, 2007, 9:19 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

ok, that Preliminary yes has just become a certain no for that day, the reason;

Saturday 20th October Wolves vs Charlton (at Molineux)

So yeah, sorry [V]

If there's a chance of rearranging I could come, but I don't know what days the fright nights thing is on so... I dunno when it could be rearranged to if you decided that you could rearrange it. So from me, it's a no [:(]

Post October 8th, 2007, 2:54 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
i might be able to go- the parks are rediculously packed though- as in you cant move... like a mosh pit.

Post October 8th, 2007, 3:35 pm
mkingy User avatar

Originally posted by gouldy

ok, that Preliminary yes has just become a certain no for that day, the reason;

Saturday 20th October Wolves vs Charlton (at Molineux)

So yeah, sorry [V]

If there's a chance of rearranging I could come, but I don't know what days the fright nights thing is on so... I dunno when it could be rearranged to if you decided that you could rearrange it. So from me, it's a no [:(]

Why would you want to watch wolves though to be fair, you're as boring as Leicester!?

Judging by the game at the walkers we should install beds in the Kop cause everyone was falling asleep.

still a dunno from me.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post October 8th, 2007, 4:41 pm

ohh i forgot to check the wolves was on, mabye the sunday then guys?
Making screams come true

Post October 8th, 2007, 4:56 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I dunno, the last few home games have been fairly exciting to be honest, we won on saturday in the 94th minute, which is pretty much the most exciting way to win a game... other than coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3, but of course YOU wouldn't recall that would you? [:P] haha, best second half of a football match ever!

Seriously though, I can't wait for the next Leicieisieiciieieeeicieisieesseiciester game at Molineux, we'll'avya again!

Post October 8th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Post October 8th, 2007, 5:25 pm
mkingy User avatar

Originally posted by gouldy

I dunno, the last few home games have been fairly exciting to be honest, we won on saturday in the 94th minute, which is pretty much the most exciting way to win a game... <b>other than coming from 3-0 down to win 4-3, but of course YOU wouldn't recall that would you?</b> [:P] haha, best second half of a football match ever!

Seriously though, I can't wait for the next Leicieisieiciieieeeicieisieesseiciester game at Molineux, we'll'avya again!

Now you see, i committed suicide after that match so this is my second life where i have no recollection of anything of the sort.

Sunday? Better chance methinks :]
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post October 11th, 2007, 11:28 am

Points on hand: 2,409.00 Points

Im working the saturday and the sunday all day, so me and edge wont be going.

Post October 11th, 2007, 12:12 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

take pictures guy, maybe I can make a mini gallery of the pictures you take
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 11th, 2007, 12:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

Sorry guys. I cant come. Doing stuff on that day and theres no way i can get out of it. But can you please look for something for me when you go. Because a girl i know went last Wednesday and said that Detonator was stand up and you got tilted. She also said that you slowly bounce up the top and they count down from 10. And she said that you bounce three times when you drop. I looked on the website and it didnt say anyhting about it so i dont know weather she got confused with Drayton Manor or weather she was just lying. Anyways im not expecting it to be true but if you could look and report back that would be wicked! Thanks!

Post October 11th, 2007, 1:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I've ridden it and she's exagerating it a lot.

* Not a standup,
* No tilting,
* No bouncing,
* No fake drop

It's a simple "Let's haul you up real slow" and "Scare the pants off you ride"

I love it :D

Post October 11th, 2007, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Wow, she only got 2 things right. The counting and the one drop. Are you sure she actually rode it?

Det is a VERY good drop tower however. Even if it is pretty small. Scared the crap out of me first time because of the massive amount of room between me and the restraint!

Anyway, no suprise here gaz, i wont be going. I dont have the money seeing as my new job pays CRAP! Plus i havent had me driving test yet so cant get there. But hopefully next year, things will change - CAR and MORE MONEY! woop woop! [:)]

Post October 11th, 2007, 3:45 pm

moved to sunday as it seems people are doing less on sunday

so now sunday 21st of october

HOWEVER the frightnights celebration lasts untill 31st of october so could be moved too 27th or 28th of october

also if we wanted the firework displays are on the weekend after on the 3rd and 4th of november so could also be moved to then

ill let you guys decide
Making screams come true

Post October 12th, 2007, 6:45 am

Points on hand: 2,409.00 Points

People should really suggest meetups like asking preferred dates and things so theres no waste of time having to re arrange things. [;)]

Post October 12th, 2007, 12:14 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

We're playing Ipswich on the 27th.... But it's away!!! So for me and Linny, the 27th is the best day, if everyone else would be ok with rearranging it to then? Just I can't really ever do sundays, or at least it's difficult, especially if it's as far away as Thorpe Park! [lol]

Post October 12th, 2007, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,906.00 Points

lol...I'm glad I get a say in this....and to be fair, I don't go to wolves matches so I'm free for this saturday you guys [;)] haha. but yeah i guess the followin saturday would be better....but just so u no...if gouldy's ever doin anythin....i may still be free [lol] haha...and vice versa!

Do we get to dress up scary to this one...
and then someone can come along to tell all the kids it's ok...like a fairy princess [:D]

xXx

Post October 12th, 2007, 1:40 pm

yeah why not linny, scary stuff at least a mask since it halloween event
Making screams come true

Post October 15th, 2007, 4:22 am

Points on hand: 1,906.00 Points

Lol,
gouldy's mum suggested to make it a 'bring mummy's' day...
seeing as she'll be there, lol.

although i have an assignment due in after that weekend, so i'll have to see how i go with it on the days before.. but hopefully i can come, and if not it may just be gouldy & co. (ie his mum and little brother - who u'll all think is his sister) [lol] haha, sorry - thats mean (but true!).

I might come as somethin scary!!!!!!! like [confused] a spider? no. i can't. it doesn't bear thinkin about! perhaps i'll wear my bunny ears and tail and be an evil bunny who's turned nice [:D] i don't do scary! [:(]
xXx

Post October 15th, 2007, 5:16 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

you do first thing in the morning! [lol]

hahaha! not really, you're always a perfect picture of sweetness [:)]

Post October 15th, 2007, 5:34 am

Next