Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Thorpe Park Saw-The Ride 20th March 2009

Thorpe Park Saw-The Ride 20th March 2009

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post March 21st, 2009, 6:51 am

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
SAW the ride

Pictures soon.

Arriving at the park at 3:30pm we soon got to SAW the ride and waited for about 10mins and shortly we were inside the building.

SPOILER:

You enter a darkened corridor with the words let the games begin on the wall in blood. The corridor is highly themed with pipes and wires giving the atmosphere of this abandoned warehouse, Half way down the corridor there's is the gun shot and above you 3 guns pointing down towards you and after a while a loud gunshot noise with a strobe and shot of air that will make you jump. You soon go up some stairs were you can see a trap with an actor in it and there being tortured by a hooded figure. Above this there is a monitor off CCTV footage from around the ride but soon this turns into Jigsaw and he talks to you.

Soon the staff allows another group into the station area were you enter a staircase with monitors around you then above you notice a body mangled in the barbed wire trap like saw 1. Then you turn up and enter the loading section were strangely 2 trains leave at once. I recommend the 2nd train because there is a little extra effect you get.
You then hand your bag in and enter in group to load onto the ride. You then sit down into the very comfortable seats and soon you?????????re away.

You then do a 90 degree turn fast some fans and machinery then a animatronic jigsaw cycles up to you if on the 2nd train leaving the station you listen to him do a speech about the ride the soon your off but on the 1st train he just cycles up to you. Soon your off again and do a 90 turn into what looks like your death, but the you dodge underneath them just missing some spikes. Then you get blasted with air and then turn round into the inline twist were underneath is a body that's squirts water at you. You then are greeted with the outside and turn into brakes and enter a section of wires and chains and a TV screen with jigsaw on it says game over.

NO SPOILER:
You soon come outside and your heading up the 100ft vertical lift climb, then your at the top you soon see the rotating blades and down you go through the 100 degree drop the underneath the blades into the a very rough part of the ride and up into the immelman, overbank, an insane airtime hill which is a really good element in the ride and a very fast and a bit rough turn into the MCBR, dropping into a dive loop which is fast and sharp ending which is really good and hitting the brakes then finishing into the station again.

Overall I found this the best ride in the park with its extensive theming and actually not bad roller coaster part its defiantly a ride worth going on. At the end of the day I got on it 3 times.
Last edited by rollerross on March 21st, 2009, 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 21st, 2009, 11:02 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
nice, i didnt read the spoiler part but from what i've heard it is about the same as what you said, i cant wait to ride it!
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post May 11th, 2009, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 1,049.00 Points
Saw is amazing and is now my favourite ride, although to be honest it depends on what effects are working , when all are working I thought it was something else and better than some rides I had ridden in Florida and has raised the bar in terms of themeing which has until now been rather poor and I found it to be more intense than any other ride I have ridden. Overall it's awesome but also like most British roller coasters , It's really short :(

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports