Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Thorpe Park (Swarm) Meet-Up PTR

Thorpe Park (Swarm) Meet-Up PTR

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post March 15th, 2012, 7:46 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Guys, I know we said Adrenaguy should write the Trip Report cus he didn't take any photos, but I also told him to have it uploaded by six and he's obviously failed to do that because he's a total failure at life, so;

For, the day started out pretty badly. Intended to get to Thorpe Park at about 9:30, so left Wolves at 07:00 for what is essentially a 2 hour journery... but didn't get to TP until 11:45, hrmph.

The British Motorway system like to take the piss. I was sat next to this sign, at 0mph for 2 hours.

After that ridiculous delay because a biker decided to plough his face into a van, I had to put my foot in it to try and get to TP before closing time [lol]

Eventually I did get there, so here are photos of Swarm, with some other stuff thrown in.

From left to right, Adrenaguy, Mkingy, TheArchitect. An odd bunch, I'll grant you [:P]

When specifically trying to get on the back row, me and Adrenaguy got ordered to the front of the train, while Mkingy and Archy got on the back row [V]

Don't know if these panos are going to come out any good on here, I can only upload the tiny versions.

Adrenaguy and I on Swarm

It was an awesome day once I got to Thorpe Park and I'm sure the others had fun before I got there [;)].

Swarm is awesome! A different experience in every seat, offering hangtime and airtime at the same time seats in the same row offer positive g's. Seriously comfortable trains and probably the smoothest coaster I've ever been on, too. Very nice theming, but the queue is an absolute jokwe! Like Ritas, only worse; a 10 mile walk each time you ride. Queue time: 5 minutes, but you have to walk for 15 minutes [lol]
Last edited by gouldy on March 15th, 2012, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 15th, 2012, 8:34 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
[quote]I had to put my foot in it to try and get to TP before closing time
[/qoute]

Who are you trying to be, Clarkson?

Nice pictures and report.

Post March 15th, 2012, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 85.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points

Post March 15th, 2012, 9:59 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post March 16th, 2012, 3:01 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Tetsu

I had to put my foot in it to try and get to TP before closing time
[/qoute]

Who are you trying to be, Clarkson?

Well, no, but I was trying to get there quickly. This is kind of just British Motorway speed, when the motorway is clear - there are plenty of cars still overtaking you when you're at this kind of speed, but my little Ka doesn't go much faster than this, bless her [lol]

Post March 16th, 2012, 3:26 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I'm so jealous you got to ride Swarm! I'm just thankful X-Flight will be the one I for sure ride in my life time... But still, that one looks awesome.

Seriously comfortable trains and probably the smoothest coaster I've ever been on, too.

Just so very envious I am... Sounds like a really really cool ride, looks that way too of course.

a 10 mile walk each time you ride.

Haha, is it because of a lot of cutbacks? Dragon Challenge at IoA is the same problem, but there are zero cutbacks- just one hell of a lengthy venture through castle halls, cave walls and god really even knows what else. Still gets on the nerves when you end up going for a 10-ride-in-a-row binge.

Queue time: 5 minutes

F'reeeeeaal!!?

Post March 16th, 2012, 4:43 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

There was prety much no one there, it not being a work or school holiday in England. So yup, 5 minute queues for everything! Apart from Vortex, we just stayed on that a couple of times without getting off - after which I think we all felt quite ill.

Also yep, the queue winds around itself and just when you think you're getting close you have to turn around and walk back to the other end again haha. I think there's meant to be gates so they can make the queue shorter, but none of them were open. And it's not like you can just jump over the fence for the most part either, because it's got 8ft tall cage fencing through a lot of it. That was probably the only bad thing I could level against the ride...

Post March 16th, 2012, 6:06 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Would have been awesome if I could have joined you guys. Maybe some other time when I have time and money. [:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 16th, 2012, 6:21 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Yeah was crazy the difference between sitting on the right hand side of the train and the left. The turnaround after the incline loop is pretty forceful as well :D. Few key pictures I took plus album link of all the other crappy ones :D

http://imgur.com/a/Os5pI#0

Awesome day out :D
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post March 16th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

i will be riding tomorrow and hitting the preview day for chessington at the same time. ill be shure to post my review of the swarm and the new show at chessington

looks like you had a bast of a time, i wish i could of made it but work comitments and europa 2 weeks today means i have to be money savey at the moment
Making screams come true

Post March 16th, 2012, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
I am a sexy person. that was an... amazing day. I have a friend who, it turns out, is also an enthusiast, so I guess we'll have to take him too. -sigh- how unfortunate.
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post March 17th, 2012, 6:16 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
Here's mine:

Entering the park, in fog.

Getting closer :P

In the queue:

:D

Got me some HD footage too, so ill piece it all together and make a movie in the next day or so. Was an awesome day and nice to meet everyone.

Ps all my photos are 4000x3000 pixels so if anyone wants a copy or wallpaper gimme a shout.

Post March 17th, 2012, 8:44 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The airplane theming on that ride looks sooooo badass
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Theme Park Meets