Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions thought about el toro

thought about el toro

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 8th, 2010, 10:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
i just imagined riding el toro in ptc seats. It made me realize how amazingly incredible it would be, especially in the back. You would feel like you would fall out on every hill and the first drop would be amazing if you kept your hands up. I think it would be pretty safe too. Cyclone has ejector and i still feel safe, it just is way more out of controll. Idk it was random but doesnt that sound like it would be the most amazing experience of your life.
Last edited by Tetsu on March 9th, 2010, 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post March 9th, 2010, 1:43 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I dunno, I think you might actually fall out. Seems too easy to have a lot more space between the rider and restraints with those trains, which is why I can't see something like that being used with that high of forces. I'm pretty sure Cyclops' forces seem stronger than they really are because of both the jerk and the space.

The transition on the second camelback especially may actually become painful for a lot of riders too, because you REALLY slam into the lapbar on that one if you're towards the front. A system similar to PTC, I believe, might work better for say the low section after the first turnaround, where forces aren't high enough to make it as exciting as the rest of the ride, given the relatively tight restraints, but I don't think those restraints would be right for the more forceful elements on the ride.

Post March 9th, 2010, 9:26 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Yeah, they would especially be painful for the quick transitions near the end.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 9th, 2010, 3:46 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

I say we remove the lap bars and just install seat belts. You know the standard FAA approved clasp and buckle type. OR better yet we could just make everyone wear velcro pants...

Post March 9th, 2010, 4:28 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Fly paper seats ftw
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 9th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
They only way Six Flags got away with building a ride that good was the smoothness...
American Eagle Lover

Return to General Theme Park Discussions