Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Timberliner updates

Timberliner updates

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 10th, 2010, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
From Holiday world's Facebook.

Timberliners Update: Our friends at The Gravity Group (Gravitykraft) are continuing their work on refinements to the new train design. Since we?????????re in full throttle with the season, we will not have sufficient chunks of time for testing until we?????????re back to weekends-only operation. We'll keep you updated with progress as we move into "weekends-only" after August 15. Thanks for your patience -- they'll be worth the wait! Meanwhile, The Voyage is running great using the original trains. :0)

Looks like I'll have to wait until next year. :-(

Post July 10th, 2010, 12:34 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Sucks fo u
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post July 10th, 2010, 1:44 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,115.00 Points

Post July 10th, 2010, 1:47 am

I'm going Wedsnday and I won't be able to make it to Holiday world after that. But the ride still looks amazing with the PTC's.

Post July 10th, 2010, 5:06 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
I like the look of the Timberliners, but it is a little depressing because the ride looked sooooo good with those PTC's.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 10th, 2010, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 1,025.00 Points
they look more like chairs than trains, they ruin the whole wooden coaster idea, being low to the track and they are UGLY i hate them, the voyage is a great coaster and these trains look stupid on this great coaster :@

Post July 10th, 2010, 11:08 am
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
I for one an excited. If these trains make this thing run even faster (while admittedly losing the little out-of-controlness it had) this coaster could be greatly improved. I really don't think it matters how ugly the trains are as long as the overall ride experience is improved.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 10th, 2010, 12:04 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
The had to make a compromiss,but I think ,its always the same,PTCs are the best looking for woodies,cause they have a long tradition,personally,I don't like the look of MFs,but they seem to be great,same goes for the Timberliners,I don't like them from the look,but they may make a better ride performnce...
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post July 10th, 2010, 12:08 pm

Originally posted by Toxic

they look more like chairs than trains, they ruin the whole wooden coaster idea, being low to the track and they are UGLY i hate them, the voyage is a great coaster and these trains look stupid on this great coaster :@

I honestly don't know why people say there ugly, they look great in my opinion. Besides they reduce track and train maintenance, increase capacity, and they allow a wider range of passenger size.

Post July 10th, 2010, 12:10 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

And it's not like the voyage could be any more over calculated short of being a prefab.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 27th, 2010, 8:43 am
nutznboltz User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
was just out there this past Saturday, got to ride in the modified Raven train. the new trains look so bulky, glad it was still older trains when I rode it...

Post July 27th, 2010, 10:29 am
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Originally posted by Toxic

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

The had to make a compromiss,but I think ,its always the same,PTCs are the best looking for woodies,cause they have a long tradition,personally,I don't like the look of MFs,but they seem to be great,same goes for the Timberliners,I don't like them from the look,but they may make a better ride performnce...

Harry Traver has similar trains on the Cyclones. They are modeled for necessity and function. I think the banister on the front of the Millennium Flyers makes them look more classic. The Timberliners are the new age of an old design. Think of it like the automobile industry having a take on the classic muscle car. Sure they aren't the same, but they have a modern charm. Its where the world is heading, always has been.

Post July 27th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Anyone notice the ridiculous amount of space between the dummies and restraints? I wonder if they go down significantly farther. Even if they do, they'll still probably be above your legs. Should give good air.

Post July 27th, 2010, 2:14 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

The blue things are not the restraints. If you look there is another bar or strap or something below them.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions