Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 [NL2] Tip for testing coasters in Sim without resorting to Shuttle Mode

[NL2] Tip for testing coasters in Sim without resorting to Shuttle Mode

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
So, this isn't anything groundbreaking but it didn't occur to me until today so I figured that I can't be the only one.

Until this clicked earlier, I would either set a complete circuit coaster in shuttle mode, use the full manual controls, or make a really awkward connection in order to give it a run through to check for pacing or Gs in extreme seats etc. This definitely isn't ideal (especially using shuttle mode) because often the brakes don't work the right way. Connecting the coaster before it's finished isn't great in NL2 because now it screws with the banking and sometimes the shaping as well.

Well, the easy work around is to simply put a short block brake at the very end of the track before freezing. The coaster will then work in automatic mode in the editor, although you'll still get a pop-up message as the train approaches the next-to-last block warning of a Deadlock situation. However, this method will allow the train to run to the end of the track without incident and without any extra finagling.

I hope that helps someone, but maybe I'm the one late on the uptake...[confused]
Last edited by zacattack1104 on February 9th, 2014, 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 9th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post February 9th, 2014, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
It can mess with the brakes, depending on how they're set. I will have to get back to you if you want a specific example (and it really may just be one, I have no idea) but I had an issue with one of my rides because shuttle mode assumes it's only one train or something. I don't even know if that was the reason, all I know is it was screwy.

Post February 10th, 2014, 12:04 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Pretty sure I got errors about "lifts in shuttle coasters should be at the very end" or something like that.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2