Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Tony Hawk's Big Spin SFStl Opening Day

Tony Hawk's Big Spin SFStl Opening Day

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post April 23rd, 2007, 8:11 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

April 21st, yesterday, was opening day for Six Flags St. Louis. My girlfriend, Jennilee, and myself left our house at 7:45 and arrived at the park at 9am. Surprisingly, the entrance was packed with people. Most were under the intention that the park would be open an hour early for season pass holders. That actually starts NEXT weekend. Someone was telling people over the phone that it started this weekend. Taiko Rolls Eyes

Anywhoo, at 9:50 they started letting people into the plaza and at 10 we were free to go. The running of the bulls was pretty intense; it was Jenni and myself and nobody else. Taiko Laughing We ran straight to Tony Hawks Big Spin only to find that they were going to have an opening "ceremony." Soon after, we ended up being the first public ride. Woot!

So Tony Hawk, it's fun and it spins. The lift is fast, the laterals are cool and the airtime is more than enough for a family coaster. Actually, the air was pretty good on the 3rd MCBR drop and the hill after. The helices were a blast. They did a marvelous job on the ride both in theming and preservation. The ride fits in very well with the surroundings. They cut down only trees that had to be cut. It feels as if the coaster has always been there. The queue was alright with the posted signs about Xtreme Sports, but the entrance was the most impressive. See pictures below.

Some other improvements around the park were wait time signs, more apparent security, friendlier staff, more participating staff, and many characters.

Coaster improvements: Boss's double-down, pro-MCBR valley, and run under the lift were all buttery with new re-tracking. Eagle was FILLED with airtime and received some retracking. Freeze got a chisel-to-gum makeover!

The day was great, even though it was busy, and the improvements were a BIG plus.

Enjoy the couple of photos! To see ALL of them, go to http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=34970

Post April 23rd, 2007, 8:41 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Ha! Your ramp and queue line is inferior to us! Woot!

But SF St. Louis' Johnny Rockets looks pretty sweet. [:(!]

And I noticed the same Gerstlauer employee was present working on the ride during the day as at Fiesta Texas.

Lookin' good!

Post April 23rd, 2007, 10:47 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

I agree about your queue, it's much better. At least they thought to cover us with some shading.

Johnny Rockets and Panda Express aren't finished yet, but they do look much better than the previous resteraunts. I won't be eating there knowing the outrageous prices.

The ride went down four or five times from what I saw, but they had it up typically within 10-15 minutes. Lines were pretty good for it, half a queue was a 30 minute wait.

Post April 25th, 2007, 10:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,478.00 Points

Post April 25th, 2007, 11:02 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
wow, that ride looks pretty fun. ive never been on a spinning coaster b4. wait, OH YEA, i have, but it was a lame 1. It was one of those crappy fair ones that are pretty a wild mouse coaster, but with spinning cars. it was pretty fun though.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports