Board index Public Relations Contests Tree Top Challenge - Closed

Tree Top Challenge - Closed

Only official CoasterCrazy.com Contests are posted here.

Post March 6th, 2005, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,674.00 Points
alright ill give this a shot. Dont look for anything spectacular though....

Colin C

Post March 6th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Screw it! I'm going intamin.
This terrain woodie thing is driving me nuts. I had a great turn going into the MCBR and it stalled. It just isn't worth it.

Post March 6th, 2005, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
.....can the ride have 2 launches and a lift? well.. not really launches, just boosts, and then a lift to get it back up to the station level.

Post March 6th, 2005, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

I wish to participate.

This should get me back in a creative state of mind.[:D]

Post March 6th, 2005, 9:09 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

how about you people design the ride for the contest rules, I just had to completely redo the ride. Oh yeah, can the tree move limit be upped? I'm up to seven trees moved, and I'm gonna have to move a couple more so it can get into the station, ect.

Post March 6th, 2005, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points

Post March 6th, 2005, 10:27 pm

"Each train must have a maximumn of 7 cars."

...what's the minimum? 1?

Post March 6th, 2005, 10:32 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
yea my launch is complete with a nice drop + airtime hill, I am liking this contest very much so far, so I would like to thank everyone who made this contest.

Post March 6th, 2005, 11:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,673.00 Points

Originally posted by coaster992001

okay.. no limits is being a bitch right now, but i have a good ride. is there a way for me to take my ride, and put it into the terrain? it's already in the terrain but for some reason, it's going VERY slow, the supports don;t delets, and the trees are moving around by themselves. (i keep fixing them but then another tree far away will move so it intersects the track (?)) so is there a way i can take my track and put it into another version of the landscape?

Yup, same problem here.

Post March 6th, 2005, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
Originally posted by thecool326

how about you people design the ride for the contest rules, I just had to completely redo the ride. Oh yeah, can the tree move limit be upped? I'm up to seven trees moved, and I'm gonna have to move a couple more so it can get into the station, ect.

it's supposed to be challenging, I guess, with the tree removal constraint. my layout is now complete, and I got away with just removing 5 trees so far. however, I'm sure the supports are going to be interestinng in places...

Post March 7th, 2005, 1:19 am

yea I moved more than my maxumim number of trees, so i guess i will have to re-dl the template and try to find a good place

Post March 7th, 2005, 1:53 am

i've managed to do a complete layout about 4,500 feet long and 1:35 seconds long with only moving one tree and only deleting one. however, wheather or not those trees were there to begin with i have no freaking idea because i put at LEAST 1000 trees down on my own to boost the feeling of speed / lost in the woods. i really like my track. it never goes above 70 feet above the ground. it has 2 lims, lots of trees, and a crap load of airtime and great laterals [:)] good luck everyone!!

foreseer... you're having your trees move around on you too?! wow... thank god! i'm not crazy!!!

question: will the tracks be uploaded once the results are in?

Post March 7th, 2005, 9:00 am

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
The trees thing is WAY too limiting. Do you want a good terrain rides or do you want us to not remove the trees? It's pretty much impossible to do both, because all the trees force you you to stay well above ground level.

Post March 7th, 2005, 10:23 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,868.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Well Tyler, I have to disagree, I think the track that I have made is actually very good, not meaning to blow my own horn there or anything, but I think the whole being only able to delete 8 trees thing is quite a good challenge, you wouldn't want it to be piss easy to do would you? You would complain if it was easy to do and you are complaining because its hard to do, just use your imagination dude. It is very possible to make a good track on this template, I think that, because I think my own track is a very good one and I haven't even deleted all 8 trees, think I deleted 5. So yeah, quit your complainin'

Post March 7th, 2005, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
You cant call it a challenge if its not challenging. Where theres a will there is a way.

However, I took a gander at the template and it seems like theres very little room for a good lift coaster based on limitations to 2 tunnels. At least for a wooden coaster. Youd have to be able to move some land to get an acceptable speed. Especially on this site, if it doesnt seem to carry 100mph throughout the entire course (reguardless of G's, which count more) its not usually praised. Nemesis I know isnt fast at all, but it has good G forces.

Post March 7th, 2005, 11:39 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i'm working on an pretty awesome hyper, You really need to be creative here to get something cool. Only i'd think it lost the momentium on the final part... But timing and lot of things all allright, i can start soon on supporting [:)]

Post March 7th, 2005, 12:46 pm

sounds good Dirk, I have made an Intamin also, with 1 Lim so far at least, I just finished the second airtime hill on my course, and getting ready to start on my mcbr.

Post March 7th, 2005, 2:00 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
some stats of my ride:
Track Style....: Hyper Coaster (2 Seat)
Track Length...: 1.469,79m (4.822,10ft)
Trains.........: 3
Cars per Train.: 7
Closed Circuit.: Yes
Run Mode.......: Continuous
Cubic Area.....: 321,79m (1.055,74ft) x 24,33m (79,81ft) x 261,40m (857,61ft)
Highest Point..: 26,02m (85,36ft)
Lowest Point...: 1,69m (5,55ft)
Total Trees....: 2.731
tons of speed and twisty elements + some great g force combinations [:)]

Post March 7th, 2005, 3:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

so I would like to thank everyone who made this contest.

The contest was completly my idea so thanks for the compliment [lol]

Tyler the tree removal rule is in place to not only make the contest more challenging but to represent real life better. All of Alton Towers plans for building new rides have to take into consideration. By law you are not allowed to remove a healthy tree unless it is diseased or is in any an issue with safty. Alton Towers cant simply decide 'hey we want a coaster where those trees are, so lets remove them' They have to find a way around the problem and yet still make a world class layout (Nemesis, Rita, Air etc etc)

Post March 7th, 2005, 4:02 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Yea Edge, quite hard, requires building on a small scale, due to the max height being around 100 ft. I have a great start to mine though.

Post March 7th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,585.00 Points
Originally posted by The Edge

I said a Maximum of 7 cars *go checks!

ack, fixed the typo

Haha, then screw me...

Post March 7th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
Hi!
(ohoh, thats my first reply I write in an english forum. I hope the're no big problems to understand me..[V])
You can sign me too! I'm in![;)]
I hope I can finish the coaster.
Because I'm a bad constructor I think I'm the last one, but
"dabeisein ist alles"[^]

Post March 7th, 2005, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,164.00 Points
Originally posted by The Edge

so I would like to thank everyone who made this contest.

The contest was completly my idea so thanks for the compliment [lol]

Tyler the tree removal rule is in place to not only make the contest more challenging but to represent real life better. All of Alton Towers plans for building new rides have to take into consideration. By law you are not allowed to remove a healthy tree unless it is diseased or is in any an issue with safty. Alton Towers cant simply decide 'hey we want a coaster where those trees are, so lets remove them' They have to find a way around the problem and yet still make a world class layout (Nemesis, Rita, Air etc etc)

Well, in real life trees don't rotate at random. If there were fewer trees it'd be less of an issue. Not sure about the laws over there, but over here on environmentally sensitive projects is that you can remove trees as needed, as long as you plant, say, 3 new ones for every one you remove.

Post March 7th, 2005, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Haha, then screw me...

[lol] No thanks, but i'm sure Dirk Ermen would take up on that offer

Well, in real life trees don't rotate at random.

[lol] True, but more of an error on NLs part than mine. Also i beleive for things such as logging here in the UK you have to replant 2 or 3 trees for everyone you cut down, but in some areas as said you are not allowed to remove trees unless they are a hazard or diseased

Post March 7th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Let's just pretend that you get a big maching that pulls out the roots of a tree and moves it somewhere else, digging into the area first of course.

Just kidding.

BTW, you said if they were a hazard, well of course they'll be a hazard if you put the track close to it, lol.

One question, can I replace the ingame water with 3ds water? (I prefer using transluscent water) I know, it'll stay at the same level.

PreviousNext

Return to Contests