Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Trip Report LiseBerg and Tusenfryd

Trip Report LiseBerg and Tusenfryd

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post July 7th, 2006, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Two days ago I went to Tusenfryd again. It was my forth visit this season, and because of the heat the ques where very short. Thundercoaster was walk-on and Speed Monster had a 5min que [:)]

Speed Monster:

I think it is a good sign that a ride, still on your 6th ride manage to surprise you how good it is. Especially the first element, the pretzel loop is so perfectly executed. I just love the feeling of floating through the air, before flipping and diving under the escalator. Except for the pretzel, one of the best parts about the ride is the helix after. The ride just keeps going faster and faster before it goes into a airtime hump. The rest of the ride is great, with especially the last corkscrew that is taken at a relay high speed.

10/10

Yesterday I went to LiseBerg. We didn't arrive at the park until 4PM, but since it close at 11PM we had more than enough time in the park. Because of a large handball cup currently held in G?????????tenburg we where afraid the ques was gonna be very long. Luckily that turned wrong, and we started our day with a 15min que on Kanonen, and a 20 min que on Balder, the longest que of the day. The park in general, except for its excellent coasters, is great. It has such a friendly and nice atmosphere. Also it was surprising clena. This was my 5th or 6th visit in the last 5 year, and it has become like atradition to go there at least once a year[:)] The park also boast a great selection of flat rides, with some nice theming. They also got one of the best spooky houses ever. The spoke Hotel Gasten is filled with live actors, that does a great job in scaring the poop out of everyone. You walk through the whole thing, with the hands on the shoulders of the one in front of you. This is a great atttraction, and so much bether than the cheap plastic spooky houses you find in many other parks.

The coasters:
LiseBergs Banan: (rides:3)
As a friend of me described it, this is a classic rollercoaster just like they are supposed to be. This Anton Swartskopf masterpiece is heavily terrain orrientated and runs 5 trains. Its surprisinly smooth given its age, and is is so much fun just raising through the trees, over and under the other attractions. Anton himself once descrived this as his favourit coaster, and I can very much see why.
9/10

Kanonen. (rides=3)
Last year I only got one ride before it broke down, so it was a big relief seing it up and runing with a very short que. The ride actually surprised me. It was much bether than I rememberred from last year. The launch directly out of the station is very powerfull. And although the top hat is very tiny, it still give some nice views. The rest of the ride is pretty powerfull, and it ends with a slow heartline twist. Although not as good as Speed Monster, this is still a very good ride, and exactly what LiseBerg needed.
9/10

Balder (rides:8)
Balder is amazing. It still surprises me how fast I flies over the hills. Pure airtime galore. There is not a single hill where you don't fly out of your seat. The first drop is amazing. The entry to the first airtime hump is one of the best parts about the whole coaster. It just flies over it producing some great airtime. The tunnels also adds lot to the ride, and the turns are just pure fun. Amazing ride!
10/10
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports