Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Twisting Drop?

Twisting Drop?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post February 19th, 2009, 3:27 am

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

Hi, for my newest coaster I wanted to make a twisting first drop into a rising helix much like Apache. Only problem is, I don't understand how to use FVD to make it smoothly. If anyone could guide me through making a simple enough one that would be really helpful. Thanks.

Post February 19th, 2009, 9:09 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
uh... wait until your better with handbuilding to move onto FVD's.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 19th, 2009, 9:35 am

Lol, I really should delete my like 10 awful tracks before the last two good ones. Just forget the rest. They're like 3 years old and I hadn't a clue back then. Right now my hand building is pretty good and I can create somewhat smooth tracks.

Post February 19th, 2009, 9:49 am

you should let me be the judge of that. Your pegasus coaster was ok, but the layout was awful, just too long, blah blah blah. You need to build more coasters and show that your layouts are worhy of FVDness.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 19th, 2009, 9:55 am

No, No, I mean that Pegasus and El Toro were all 3 years old. I've been improving since then. Right now I can make a pretty good ride that's hand built.

Btw, how do I delete tracks? I want to delete all of mine up to El Toro
Oh and with Pegasus, It normally would not have been that long but it was for a contest on TN for designing the world's longest woodie.

Post February 19th, 2009, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

uh... wait until your better with handbuilding to move onto FVD's.

Well, you didn't...

you should let me be the judge of that.

Actually, no. Your tracks aren't better than Vampires, so you really shouldn't be the judge.

ou need to build more coasters and show that your layouts are worhy of FVDness.

Ha, look who's talking.

asaaa, do you see where I'm going with this?
You are not one of the great designers, and sofar you haven't built any really good tracks. You should not be so patronizing towards Vampire.
You are acting like you're one of the best designers around, heck, even the best designers around don't go all "I'm better then you! on not so good designers.
To be quite frank, you are still quite a n00b when it comes to NL designing. And I'm afraid your FVDing won't help you much with that...

And if you're going to say I'm wrong...
Well, prove me wrong, and I'll admit it...

Also:
I've been improving since then. Right now I can make a pretty good ride that's hand built.

Well, post some...

Post February 19th, 2009, 10:54 am

I've decided not to bother with FVD so the one that I'm making will be hand built(mostly, except for a heartline roll) If anyone would like to test it btw, that would really be helpful. I'm trying to make an interesting first drop and I'm not too sure on the way it's turned out.

Post February 19th, 2009, 11:16 am
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
Vid_w, even though I agree with your post 100%, I would like to say that it's VERY easy to judge and rate a coaster as opposed to building one. The people who do judge and rate know how a coaster works and how the track works. They don't have to be fantastic designers to understand how a coaster works.

With that said, asaaa, stop being so condescending and get over yourself.

Post February 19th, 2009, 12:09 pm

ugh, now i have everybody on my back. I was in class, and in a hurry to get that post done before class ended, and i wasnt thinking straight. When i said, let me be the judge of that, i meant us. And no, i havent posted a coaster in a while because... idk, busy, lazy, all that stuff. Ill get around to posting a coaster, sorry bout dat.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 19th, 2009, 3:09 pm
SNJ

Originally posted by asaaa

ugh, now i have everybody on my back. I was in class, and in a hurry to get that post done before class ended, and i wasnt thinking straight. When i said, let me be the judge of that, i meant us. And no, i havent posted a coaster in a while because... idk, busy, lazy, all that stuff. Ill get around to posting a coaster, sorry bout dat.

I bet it was your brother.

Post February 19th, 2009, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

You need to build more coasters and show that your layouts are worhy of FVDness.

What is that supposed to mean? Hmmm, like only good layouts and rides are made with FVDs? Nnnno [;)]

Post February 19th, 2009, 8:40 pm

oh pf, dont you get on my case 2...

SNJ:
Dont have a bro.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 19th, 2009, 8:53 pm
SNJ

SNJ:
Dont have a bro.

asaaa:
I was kidding.

Return to No Limits Coaster