Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets UK Meet-ups 2009

UK Meet-ups 2009

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Post June 25th, 2009, 5:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Hello to all UK members (and anyone with enough money to fly to the UK)!

Popularity of theme park meet-ups seems to have dwindled over the last couple of years. It's been a little while since there was a proper UK meet, I was reminded of this by the member "rolercstrluvr", who sent me a PM about UK meets.

I propose that it might be about time that we all start suggesting some dates on which meet-ups may be possible for everyone. We can then try and construct a bit of a calendar of when meet-ups may be possible, thus meaning that as many people as possible can come.

There are many parks to visit in all four corners of the country (and the middle!) so we should be able to also include people who live pretty far out.

SO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED:

Post in this thread stating you interest, and also a set of good approximate dates for you. This way I, and probably Gazag [;)], can begin to see if organizing these trips will be worth it or whether there is not enough interest to bother!

Much thankings!
Dan.

Post June 25th, 2009, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

yep more meetups, i been missing out alot of parks so far this year.

unfortunetly only sundays and wednesdays are good for me anymore as i work the rest of the week full time so any sunday at all is excelent.

i think we need to at least do flamingo land, oakwood and all the merlin parks once. alton towers in the scare fest is a definate mid week is best then and mabye blackpool? but yeah im open to surgestions and helping out as much as possiable.
Making screams come true

Post July 2nd, 2009, 5:09 pm

just me and you and linny then gouldy, where shall we go?
Making screams come true

Post July 2nd, 2009, 6:23 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Well Gary, since the trip in August is shamely cancelled, i'm still open for september or october! [:D]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 2nd, 2009, 6:50 pm

im extreamly busy in september but october mid month we can do, talk to ya bout that tommoz
Making screams come true

Post July 6th, 2009, 3:16 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

October is a very good month for UK meet-ups anyway, so if you can get here for then Dirk, that would certainly be the best. Weather might be a bit cruddy, but that's the price you pay for the parks being empty!

It looks like it is just us few then Gaz, like you said.

SO: I'm presuming any meet-ups this year will be organized between us in some manner and then probably merely information about them will be posted on here for anyone else who may be interested in coming along on an off chance.

I've done Alton Towers and Thorpe Park a few times already this year, so I'm not fussed whether we go there or not, I obviously would still like to go to those parks as they are our biggest parks. But I am open this year to going anywhere, I can book time off work at fairly short notice and can drive anywhere around the country, so I am able to fit in with everyone else pretty well!

Post July 6th, 2009, 5:30 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

October is a very good month for UK meet-ups anyway, so if you can get here for then Dirk, that would certainly be the best. Weather might be a bit cruddy, but that's the price you pay for the parks being empty!

Don't worry, as long as all the rides are open. [;)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post August 29th, 2009, 4:25 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

well... Im free from the 31st -> whenever i find a job, so if anyone is up to going to Thorpe park or even Alton Towers if someone is kind enough to let me crash over or something
Rarwh

Post March 15th, 2010, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Money is my only issue.
And gouldy you say "parks in four corners or the country", not in this bloody corner haha!!
Im really up for Flamingo Land, even though its a long bloody drive, so will probably fly from Newquay, flights are astonishingly cheap.
Im game for whenever, so go nuts with the calender and i can make arrangements around that.

Post March 15th, 2010, 12:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Well, I'll be over in England this summer some time around June 20-something-th with my family, and we'll hit Alton Towers for one day. It'd be really awesome to actually meet some of you folks.

Post March 15th, 2010, 3:41 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

maybe I should make a "2010 UK meet-ups" topic, then? [lol].

Unless you want to, Gaz?

Boneplaya, me and Gaz only live 45 minutes away from AT, so we can come at any time really, even with only a days notice depending on work commitments of course. So needless to say there will be someone you can meet up with to show you around if you are able to finalise the details a little closer to the time.

Post March 15th, 2010, 5:58 pm

i think were both in about 2 hours drive of all the big themeparks so just say when youll be there and im shure we can meet up.

well last year i think we had 2 meetups didnt we gouldy. mabye we should just wing it this year and see if we can do more

well its less than a week till the towers meet and im going to legoland on the 9th of april wich is a friday.

but any sunday possiable is awsome as im in a theme park mostly every sunday with exception to my RC race days once a month
Making screams come true

Post March 16th, 2010, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
What about June or July, thats when i'll be there again.

Post March 16th, 2010, 3:00 pm

again tell us when mate and it isnt a problem'o
Making screams come true

Return to Theme Park Meets