Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions uk theme parks

uk theme parks

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post March 9th, 2006, 1:30 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post March 9th, 2006, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 985.00 Points
yeh the RMT is really good when you drop into the tunnel with the rapids.

Post March 9th, 2006, 2:33 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

LOL its quite funny really people will always prefer AT, and I can see why, Nemesis alone is a one off and when its like your first looping coaster maybe you dont appreciate it enough. A few years ago I used to go lots and I started to get annoyed about the way they got over commercial and started doing things like charging for the parking...
And they need a woodie.
I am planning a trip back there this year though, its been a while.
I still have to say I prefer BPB though.
I think the ECC has been voting Blackpool as the best UK park for a while, and I think the RCGB as well. Plus it is the UKs most visited park.
AT is a more proper 'theme park experience', but Blackpool offers something different. Its more unique, you can try and create tack but Blackpool has a different sort of time aged tackyness you just dont see very often. I just love being a part of it, and I guess I have developed an Eric Cartman style attitude towards queuing so their many rides operating walk-on style appeals a lot to me. Like oblivion, you either love it or hate it though.

Post March 9th, 2006, 2:38 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,838.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

well that's rubbish, I don't love or hate Oblivion, neither do I love or hate marmite, whoever came up with that phrase is an idiot, either that or I'm just weird....

hmmmm [lol]

Post March 9th, 2006, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterteddy

LOL its quite funny really people will always prefer AT, and I can see why, " (point 1- Nemesis alone is a one off) " and when its like your first looping coaster maybe you dont appreciate it enough. A few years ago I used to go lots and I started to get annoyed about the way they got over commercial and started doing things like charging for the parking...
And they need a woodie.
I am planning a trip back there this year though, its been a while.
I still have to say I prefer BPB though.
" (point 2- I think the ECC has been voting Blackpool as the best UK park for a while, and I think the RCGB as well. Plus it is the UKs most visited park.) "
AT is a more proper 'theme park experience', but Blackpool offers something different. Its more unique, you can try and create tack but Blackpool has a different sort of time aged tackyness you just dont see very often. I just love being a part of it, and I guess I have developed an Eric Cartman style attitude towards queuing so their many rides operating walk-on style appeals a lot to me. Like oblivion, you either love it or hate it though.

point 1- dam right nemesis is a one off and if anyone ever builds the a replica i will personally go and rip it to bits cuz it should always be a one off.
Point 2- statistics dont make it my personal favorite, i do like bpb though because of its history, itys the only theme park i know of thet was always a theme park, alton towers was a masive manor with a lot of land, same with drayton manor, flamingo land started as a zoo and fantasy island was a market wich grew. im not shure on thorpe parks history though so i will have to look into that.

how can you not like the lines, i find them halerious cuz most of the people have no idea about the rides and just talk rubbish. next time your in line just listen to them.
Making screams come true

Post March 11th, 2006, 10:31 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Of the 3 Uk parks I have visited (AT, TP and Chessington) AT is definiatly the best beacuse of the coasters. I liked AIR, and I think Oblivion was very good. The first drop is the best freefall I have ever experienced. And nemesis is an amazing coaster. With that said I wasn't very impressed with the park itself. It wasn't very clean, it was pretty crowded, and I had some difficulties finding my way through the park (especially finding the forbidden valley ;) )Compared to some other park's I've been too it was just a big let down. I didn't notice the same thing at Thorpe. It seemed like a cleaner and more guest friendly park. But Thorpe doesn't have the coasters. Colossus was ok, but nothing special. The best part was the theming. NI was a good coaster, but nothing spectacular. Nemesis is by far superior.

Hopefully I'm going to Blackpool Pleasure Beach this year. It looks like a great park, with that special atmosphere. Kind of like Tivoli Gardens. And it has that nice woodie trio.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions