Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Underrated Coasters

Underrated Coasters

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 23rd, 2018, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
What do you think is the most underrated roller coaster you have ridden?

Post July 25th, 2018, 2:06 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
The Ultimate @ Lightwater Valley.

Never really gets a proper mention but that is probably one of the most intense experiences of my life preceeded and followed by relative boredom. It tricks you into thinking it's a family coaster then hits you with obscene lats.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 2nd, 2018, 8:13 am

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
Mindbender @ Galaxyland, no one ever talks about it but it is INSANELY intense and actually gives a pop of ejector towards the end. My #5 overall, out of 135 creds.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Post September 2nd, 2018, 8:22 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,018.00 Points
mkingy wrote:
The Ultimate @ Lightwater Valley.

Never really gets a proper mention but that is probably one of the most intense experiences of my life preceded and followed by relative boredom. It tricks you into thinking it's a family coaster then hits you with obscene lats.

Yeah, I agree. I rode it for the first time a few weeks ago and did not find it as rough as other people make it out to be. Really enjoyed it actually! :)

Post September 6th, 2018, 12:55 pm
herman116 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,471.00 Points
It only hurt my knees when I rode it a few years ago. If I had some knee protection, I could reride that coaster a ton of times! :lol:

Post September 20th, 2018, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
Maximus Blitz Bahn, It has a solid rep but often doesn't get mentioned when talking about the best rides at toverland, I love it so much!
Taron>Helix get mad

Post September 20th, 2018, 11:08 am

straightbanana wrote:
Maximus Blitz Bahn, It has a solid rep but often doesn't get mentioned when talking about the best rides at toverland, I love it so much!

That does look really fun, I wish I had an alpine slide near me in the Carolinas
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Post September 20th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
My pick for most underrated rollercoaster Ive ridden has gotta be The Wild One at Six Flags America. Don't let it's age fool you, this is one heck of a ride. It's smooth (for a 100 year old wooden coaster) has some awesome airtime and a crazy lateral filled helix. This coaster does not get enough recognition, it's one of my favorite wooden coasters (4th behind only El Toro, Phoenix and Outlaw Run). This thing is a beast and it's a shame that being at SFA it gets overlooked.

Post September 21st, 2018, 7:26 am

smartguy86 wrote:
My pick for most underrated rollercoaster Ive ridden has gotta be The Wild One at Six Flags America. Don't let it's age fool you, this is one heck of a ride. It's smooth (for a 100 year old wooden coaster) has some awesome airtime and a crazy lateral filled helix. This coaster does not get enough recognition, it's one of my favorite wooden coasters (4th behind only El Toro, Phoenix and Outlaw Run). This thing is a beast and it's a shame that being at SFA it gets overlooked.

Sounds like the Legend at Holiday World, everyone says Raven and Thunderbird are better but NO. This coaster has the strongest airtime moment in the park (ONE STANDING AIRTIME HILL) and a crazy good pace with that insane double helix. Voyage is better, but this is around my #13 out of 135 creds. Voyage is my #1

Out of 139 creds

Post September 22nd, 2018, 9:24 am

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
smartguy86 wrote:
Don't let it's age fool you, this is one heck of a ride. It's smooth (for a 100 year old wooden coaster) has some awesome airtime and a crazy lateral filled helix. This coaster does not get enough recognition, it's one of my favorite wooden coasters (4th behind only El Toro, Phoenix and Outlaw Run). This thing is a beast and it's a shame that being at SFA it gets overlooked.

Well isn't the wood and track itself only about 32 years old? I know the original ride opened in 1917 but I'm pretty sure they rebuilt it entirely. If I am wrong let me know.

Post September 23rd, 2018, 7:16 am

Points on hand: 1,187.00 Points
Topthrill123 wrote:
smartguy86 wrote:
Don't let it's age fool you, this is one heck of a ride. It's smooth (for a 100 year old wooden coaster) has some awesome airtime and a crazy lateral filled helix. This coaster does not get enough recognition, it's one of my favorite wooden coasters (4th behind only El Toro, Phoenix and Outlaw Run). This thing is a beast and it's a shame that being at SFA it gets overlooked.

Well isn't the wood and track itself only about 32 years old? I know the original ride opened in 1917 but I'm pretty sure they rebuilt it entirely. If I am wrong let me know.

Probably right. It was reconstructed but the layout is still the same far as I know, but regardless, this ride is great

Return to General Theme Park Discussions