Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Underrated Coasters

Underrated Coasters

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 16th, 2005, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

List some coasters that you thik are underrated. For steel I pick the Phantom's Revenge. The airtime on the second drop and bunnyhills is jaw dropping. For wood it would have to be any coaster by John Miller. They're usually very fun and forceful and have great airtime.

Post August 16th, 2005, 1:23 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
I really feel the B&M Batman Inverted clones are under-rated. They are really powerful and provide a ton of thrill in a small space.

I also think Alpengiest is underrated as it provides serious speed and postive G's throughout. The terrain interaction is also really great.

Post August 16th, 2005, 3:38 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i think KK is way underrated, mostly becuase of that it is a clone of ttd, ppl say ttd is better, when kk is bigger, faster and has a airtime hill,
alos lots of complainets about the malfunction, but do you really think a system with that much forces to endure, will be getting no problems at all?

Post August 16th, 2005, 3:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
TTD and KK arent just the same thing with different hights. TTD provides a much better ride(smoother). And its got the lap bars, Which makes it overall better IMO.

I think one very overlooked coaster is Medusa West. It just kinda sits over here at a small park and nobody notices it. But its my favorite B&M.

Post August 16th, 2005, 4:42 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
kk's otsr's barely make a difference, and ttd misses an airtime hill, and why whould ttd be smoother?

Post August 16th, 2005, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

I also do not get this TTD/KK rivalry...i honestly dont care, what is the point in arguing in which one is better?

Post August 16th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Originally posted by hyyyper

kk's otsr's barely make a difference, and ttd misses an airtime hill, and why whould ttd be smoother?

What do you mean why? Why is any coaster smoother than another.... Cus it was designed better.

^Edge, I dont like to get into this arguement either, I really dont have that much of an opinion on it.

Post August 16th, 2005, 5:09 pm

Points on hand: 7,382.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

I also do not get this TTD/KK rivalry...i honestly dont care, what is the point in arguing in which one is better?

Black vs. White
Good vs. Evil
Red Sox vs. Yankees
Cedar Fair vs. Six Flags

I see not precedent for any conflict, do you?
[:D][:D][:D]

Post August 16th, 2005, 10:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by SFMM homie

What do you mean why? Why is any coaster smoother than another.... Cus it was designed better.

...And both KK and TTD were extremely well designed and engineered.

As for my picks, I would have to agree with Jimmy Yoshi that Phantom's Revenge is an extremely underrated steel coaster. For wooden coasters, Tremors, Timber Terror, and Coaster @ Playland would take the cake for most underrated. Holiday World is much, MUCH more recognized for their pair of CCI wooden coasters, yet Silverwood's pair is probably even better, if not just as good (I've only been to Silverwood, but I doubt Holiday World's two CCIs (which I'm sure are amazing coasters) surpass Silverwood's).

Post August 17th, 2005, 12:38 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

^"Tremors" is definitely right up there with them, but I don't think "Timber Terror" comes close to matching "The Raven" and "The Legend".

My vote for the most underrated coaster is none other than "The Legend". This is my all-time favorite wood coaster, and it really has it all... a great first drop, tunnels, airtime, the constant out-of-control feeling, great lateral air, lateral g's that make you feel like you are going to fall out of the train, and a great ride time. I really don't see why The Raven seems to get all the publicity... The Legend is even better IMO, and it deserves much better than 5th place in the Golden Ticket Awards. It should be in the top 3.

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Have you ridden Timber Terror? It was better than I expected, and I had high expectations for it. It has buzzbars, tons of amazing floater air (theres no ejector air anywhere on the ride except for the crazy turning hill into the brakerun), but each hill besides the one coming out of the helix lifts you up and you float all the way over the hill right up against the buzzbar, its simply an amazing and unique feeling that no other type of floater air has given me. About the laterals, they are way more insane than I thought it would have. I thought Tremors was going to be the lateral machine, but both the turnaround and helix SLAM you into the side of the car and the force only gets greater. The helix is the most intense helix I've experienced.

I think Timber Terror might even be better than Raven and Legend. Most CCIs have the feel of Tremors, and Raven and Legend look to be no different. I'm sure they're some of the best of this style, but Timber Terror's just beats it IMO. I found it to be an even better ride than Tremors.

Post August 17th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
shivering timbers in my view that ride is awesome and always will be. last week hades was vote better that it, although hades is an awesome ride i dont think it stands up to ST

Return to General Theme Park Discussions