Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Unnamed Full Throttle inspired launch coaster

Unnamed Full Throttle inspired launch coaster

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post December 23rd, 2012, 12:20 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
I don't think I'm going to do anything with my personalized general construction thread I had started one time, so you may close it if you want. I think that given that I have been finishing new projects at a somewhat slower pace, I might as well have threads for individual rides now. Also I wouldn't want it to get randomly cluttered.
Since I read about Full Throttle at Six Flags Magic Mountain and how people are disappointed by how short it is, that was my cue to make a fictional ride that shares some of the same characteristics but longer and more amplified. I have not yet decided on a name or a color scheme yet, so for now it's just the default colors.
200 foot tall loop that will share the same spine as the adjacent airtime hill. Do you think the X-car trains would look better?
You can clearly see the airtime hill going through the loophole. I have not fully made or tested the following oblique loop yet.
Intimidator at Carowinds inspired turn-around.
The launches will be like bunk beds. There will not be three brake runs before the launch, nor will the launches be this short in the final. I'm thinking about an upward helix leading up to the mid-course launch (the upper launch). I'm kinda working on the two halves of the ride side by side (almost reminds me of the design process of making a dueling coaster). Also, I am hand-building this because getting a hill to fit over a loop is almost impossible using force vector design tools, and also for some reason I'm generally in a more creative mood when hand-building.
After the mid-course launch is a little pop of airtime followed by the 200 foot loop. I think I'll have to fore-go the backwards launch because it would just launch back down the helix that I am planning to install right before the launch, and also it's impossible to do in No Limits, at least on a full circuit track.
Aw man, and those are on different blocks!
The mega-lite drop from atop the top of the loop.
If you can help me think of a name that would be great.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 1:52 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
neat idea, are you thinking about working the timing out to have it "duel" in sense?
What are these for?

Post December 23rd, 2012, 2:02 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Looks really cool! I'd love to see this done.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post December 23rd, 2012, 2:16 am

Points on hand: 1,136.00 Points
Originally posted by CKidd

neat idea, are you thinking about working the timing out to have it "duel" in sense?

That would be awesome.

On the point of shaping though, that loop needs to be slightly less tear-drop shaped.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 8:18 am

Originally posted by CKidd

If I can, I was thinking of, if possible, adjusting the station wait settings strategically so that I can have one train on the hill while another train is on the loop. Other than that, I don't think it will actually duel.

Post December 23rd, 2012, 3:25 pm

Post December 23rd, 2012, 5:47 pm
A.S.C. User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
Bank: 1,276.00 Points
It only matters that they're on different blocks if the track enters the other's tunnel or both trains of people would be able to reach there, and it looks to me as if the tunnel entering the one in the picture is at/below track level so they wouldnt be able to touch each other's hands.

Post December 24th, 2012, 11:17 pm

Does the loop's shaping look any better now, or can you tell? I figured it would be easier to get such a shot in the editor. Seems difficult to get the shaping of something inspired by something that's under construction.

Post December 24th, 2012, 11:41 pm

This is just a personal preference, but the air hill isn't symmetrical making it look kind of ugly.
What are these for?

Return to Hard Hat Area