Board index Roller Coaster Games Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3 Updated Impressions

Updated Impressions

Discuss anything related to the Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 and 3.

Post August 17th, 2004, 12:43 am

Points on hand: 4,347.00 Points

yipadeedoo! i wonder if the "peeps" talk...thatd be awesome

Post August 17th, 2004, 1:55 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

I wanna drown one of the peeps, and see how they react[:)] or send them flying off a coaster. That'd be sweet to witness a coaster crash in 3D and in the coaster cam.
Thrills by the Bay - Your #1 News Source for Bay Area Parks!
http://thrillsbythebay.blogspot.com

Post August 17th, 2004, 6:48 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

LOL, were all still kids at heart hey Mr. Gumball [lol] Anyway the game does look pretty sweet, but one thing i noticed from the vid is that annoying menu. The one the pops out several times. I really hate those types of menus, and much prefered the old style. Also, we have to wait til November 2nd, ack I want it now

Post August 17th, 2004, 9:00 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

This definately is gonna rock. I hope there will be a fly view option too.

Post August 17th, 2004, 11:23 am

Points on hand: 72.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
I hope to see everything
I talked about. I think they're overeacting abit to features that were already in rct2, like sandbox mode. (by making your own scenario, you could achieve this) I hope they allow you to explore your park fully, as in, exploring it excatly as a guest would at a real park. That means walking through turnstiles, choosing your seat, sort of like in HR but even more detailed. That would make rct3 even better. I think the people are overreacting to the fact that you can ride your own rides. That's an EXPECTATION to any 3d park/coaster sim. What about NL? People who want to ride their rides should just get NL. Anyways, the suspendeds better have banked turns and the coaster designer, as featured in rct2, should allow scenery. I hope they don't take away the ability to make custom support though. And why is the 4d coaster's seats in the wrong direction? I'm getting a bit worried, but still want to see the game. And because Chris Sawyer isn't doing all the work anymore, I hope he can be a good technical guide for the teams that always wonder astray with crap like WW or TT. For now, I'll just have to wait and see... I hope they make more trailers though, and I hope they show off these features. Who knows, if we're lucky, maybe Chris will notice the 4d cars and tell the team to fix it. And why do their parks' coasters only have like 3 cars per train?

Post August 17th, 2004, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 6,164.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2004, 11:58 am

I'm just expecting alot. I'm getting a little ticked off, however, that this seems to be made for the GP. They should care about the enthusiasts too. After all, Chris is still watching them. I'm just disapointed that such an important game has such little time spent on it. Look at the Sims 2. They dedicated at least 2 yrs into it while RCT3 has only less than 1. Thats very dissapointing because they could've gave 3 yrs if only they had listen to the enthusiasts and started b4 they made the WW TT trash. I just hope this will be good, otherwise, no $40 spent on that. Serioulsy, consider NL and SM for only $25 each. RCT3 should only be like $30 or $35 in the case that they don't fulfill the features. If they do, I will be will ing to dish out the $40

Post August 17th, 2004, 3:05 pm

Post August 17th, 2004, 3:53 pm

Haha, I knew you guys would react that way. I have my own RCT3 wishlist. I want it to be as close to "The perfect simulator" as much as possible. But it'll never get there, especially sice teh people working on it are like GP instead of enthusiasts. But you're right. I haven't had much vacations this summer. Maybe I should go to vacation. You see, we only go to CP for 1 day. Once a year. [:(]

Anyway's, RCT3 should at least have one of those. I have some hope, as they've added the night mode, and even the fireworks. (something I totaly forgot about) But the peeps are odd on the rides. They slouch lazily, and sometimes, their movement causes them to go through the restraint. [lol]

Post August 17th, 2004, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

Well I think they're doing an amazing job so far. I think they're going pretty crazy with all the new features and attention to detail. I guess there will always be someone who wants more. MORE MORE MORE. Good lord, be happy they're continueing the franchise into the 3rd dimension. It's going to be a fun game, not a simulator, a game. Keep that in mind along with the fact that they will have expansion packs and addons I'm sure.

Post August 17th, 2004, 5:58 pm

Yeah, the're putting that in expansions because they need more money, dispite how many customers they have. It seems like they put in all those reflectons and grafic details and certain other features just to cover it up. But for now, I'll wait and see what they do. If they impress me with what I always wanted in RCT, instead of just adding what the GP wants, I will stop complaining and will be willing to pay $60 for all that crap I want.

You see, all the coaster sims and games are too separated. If all those developement complanies met together to create ONE sim/game, it would be like no other. Of course it's going to be in 3d. That's just what's needed. If you think I'm complaining about the graphics, just see my brother's little shooter games. Bumpmapping, rippling, better than xbox. But my wish list matters more than good ol' graphics. If they let you explore, just think how much more fun it would be. People are getting way too crazy about 3d and ride your rides too much IMO. I know it's hard to do those, but I think it's worth it. I'm not trying to go against the game, I just want it to be the best it can be. I've been waiting yrs and yrs for a sim like that. So fun and feature packed. But I just hope it's fearure packed. People get all excited about things that are in RCT2 that go into RCT3. Of course they'll have those, why take it away. I jsut hope rct3 ain't a dissapointment.

Post August 18th, 2004, 2:06 am

Why not just rate my newest rct2 coaster then, Avalanche[pshades]

Post August 18th, 2004, 12:16 pm

I'll pass. I'll jsut be waiting for RCT3 day by day... To see if it's good.

Well I think they're doing an amazing job so far. I think they're going pretty crazy with all the new features and attention to detail. I guess there will always be someone who wants more. MORE MORE MORE. Good lord, be happy they're continueing the franchise into the 3rd dimension. It's going to be a fun game, not a simulator, a game. Keep that in mind along with the fact that they will have expansion packs and addons I'm sure.

Yeah, that's cause they put in all teh graphic stuff to cover up their butts. more more more? That's what they should be doing. That's why we even buy it in the first place. If they don't add enough, why spend all the money. You peeps are making too big a deal that it's in 3d. I think they should take that further. I know it makes the game realistic, but they seem to be missing the realism on the coasters. Why do their demo parks only have a few cars per train? Why don't I see banked turns on the suspendeds? AND WHY IS THE 4D CAR IN THE WRONG DIRECTION!!!!! Seriously, it's named ROLLER COASTER tycoon, guys. I also will be expecting more intamins in their. Don't forget teh spline changing option that they apparently haven't implemented yet. Blah blah blah, they have a few mounths left and in the past few weeks, I haven't seen anything new. I'm sure they will do it though. If not, all of it will be in an expansion pack, and I mean ALL. Oherwise... never mind, I'm tired of whining already.

Edit: It's been at least a year of emptyness. I expect alot more now to make up for that WW TT poop.

Post August 18th, 2004, 1:30 pm

If its not good then wait for the expansion packs, if not...then you still have rct2 and my coaster waiting[;)]

Post August 18th, 2004, 2:43 pm

YEah, but RCT3 is going to be better than rct2 I'm pretty sure, just not by too much if they don't include that stuff. Your coaster waiting? Nobody's rating it? I'll go, just for the points. :) Got to c2k, BTW and you'll see alot more complaining there even worse than mine.

Post August 18th, 2004, 3:25 pm

(off topic) You can get points for rating?!?

Also coasteragent, they still have about two months+ to work out all of the kinks and they have to be getting their knowledge of coasters from somewhere and i doubt that 4d mistake will be overlooked.

Post August 18th, 2004, 4:09 pm

Overlooked? What do you mean? Their only source of knowledge is Chris himself, who is directing the game. It's all up the him. Wow, only 2 mounths left. Time flies fast. I'm eager to see what the've added since july. This will be intresting. Oh, and yes, you get 20 points for rating a track. :) Oh, and teh 4d restraints aren't done well. I look back at one of the videos and it was clear that they didn't have catwalks on teh lift. They just put in brake catwalks as scenery to cover up these things. Manually putting up your own catwalks is a waste of time when they can do it. :)

Oh, and you may see 4d coaster catwalks, but those catwalks are ONLY for the 4d coaster. It's the same as in RCT2.

Edit: The peeps at c2k say it looks like Simcoaster/Simthemepark. I don't think RCT3 is perfect, but it definatly looks nothing like SC/STP, the most retarded games in history. Perhaps made by retards themselfs. But I strongly disagree with the c2k peeps.

Post August 19th, 2004, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,103.00 Points

I really doubt that they're relying on Chris entirely for their references for the game. That's just naive and frankly, stupid to think they're putting all of their faith into one person. They're using him to keep them in check with the DIRECTION of the game. I would really hope they research the details of the coasters and their respective designs. After all, if I'm not mistaken, a 4d coaster can have the riders facing forward if the track is twisted 180 degrees and the seats rotated. Then the riders are facing forward in a ski-lift style position. I know I've designed a HR coaster where the track twists(rolls) and the seats rotate to face the riders forward. Also, what if that's not even a 4d coaster you think your seeing. What if it's just a type they made up for the game that doesn't exist in real life. It's a possibility. Just some thoughts.

Oh and I completly agree that STP/SC is horrible. What a waste of time for the programers. That game suck a**. RCT3 is not going to even be comparable to that piece of crap.

Post August 19th, 2004, 2:46 pm

4d's are real. Except they just made a dumb error with them. [lol] You are correct with the HR coaster, but that's when it's hanging on the track, not when it's standing on the track. Perhaps you should do some reseach yourself. [lol] Oh and read the site. It says that chris is "making sure they stay on thte true essence of what makes RCT great"

Oh and I completly agree that STP/SC is horrible. What a waste of time for the programers. That game suck a**. RCT3 is not going to even be comparable to that piece of crap.

Yeah I agree.it doesn't suck @$$, it f*cks @$$, lol

Anyways, I kinda agree on you with chris directing the game, and that atari and frontier should do reseach, instead of having Chris baby sit them. [lol] Not knowing enough about coasters when making a program is like not knowing how to program at all, lol. That's just the case with simcoaster. Except it was worse, they didn't even know what a roller coaster was!!! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Post August 19th, 2004, 9:48 pm
GRIM.657 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,299.00 Points

yall overrate rct3, theres no chance im gonna spend $35 on somthin like that! the supports are horrid, the coasters are very rough, and are very messed up, the menus look horrible, the peeps have very big heads, the trains are very unrealistic, its gonna be hard to hack into it, the scenery looks very limited....... i think they realy rushed while making this, and if they dont stop and look at how horrid, and un-cool this is becoming, then im not gonna even consider buying it. i could be playing stp or sc insted, those games look SOOOO much better!!![:(!] i dont see how you people can like rct3, or get so excited about it.

<<GRIM>>

Post August 19th, 2004, 10:04 pm

i could be playing stp or sc insted, those games look SOOOO much better!!! i dont see how you people can like rct3, or get so excited about it.

What? STP and SC is h*llsh*t!!! How could you prefer that? They look better? I dare you to waste the money to see IF they're better. I wasn't saying anything against RCT3, I was just saying that it needs to be fixed up a bit. And who cares if you think their heads are too bgi, they're just fine. They just slouch too much, lol. I heard that the menus are better. Just because they aren't the same doesn't mean it's bad. And STP and SC's scenery is alot more limited that RCT's. They say that EVERYTHING from RCT2 is going in RCT3, so don't complain about that. On the other hand, some of these things may be worth worring about, like if they rearrange the scenery, which, I highly doubt they would. If you don't believe me with teh fact that STP and SC sucks, and could never be better than RCT3, why not waste a good 10 bucks on each and try it? You might just forget to go to their website first. Look at their blah blah blah. I don't even have to explain how bad it is, as it does that itself worst than anyone on this planet could. Cuss words cannot describe it's unrealism, swear can't explain how retarded it is, etc etc etc. So I think you should stop whining about RCT3 and move on to see what they have. Supports? MAKE CUSTOM ONES FOR CRYIGN OUT LOUD!!! Just worried that they might take that scenery option away, but most likely not

Sorry about the rant. I just got surprised on how he ever could've thought that STP and SC looks better than RCT3.

Post August 20th, 2004, 6:49 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

i wonder if I could make myself a pimp in this game, that would be fun. [lol]
and I wonder what will be better, NL 1.5 or this.. hmm, WEll, anyways, I'm sure in this thing, they give you enough options to where you don't need custom 3Ds. unless if you insist on good supports and catwalks, crazy people.

Post August 20th, 2004, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
I don't like this at all. I'm sure just building a park and walking around in it is very fun, but I don't think the park-making part will be as good as RCT2. And I would have been more relaxed if I knew Chris Sawyer was behind this game in the same way as he was on RCT1 and 2. He knows what he is doing, and how this games should be. Even if he is "baby-sitting" for them it would have been bether if he was more involved. I think either should Chris make the game, or no-one should. Not some crappy Frontier and Atari people who don't care about rollercoaster. They just want to sell and earn money so they can start their next prodject.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 20th, 2004, 7:28 pm

Points on hand: 4,847.00 Points
This game may be cool becuase you can acually ride your own rides and make your own guests and stuff. But the actual park making scenario looks like total crap. It kinda looks like Disney coaster in a way. I think I will stay will RCT2 for a while.

Next

Return to Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, 2 & 3